It's All About Stickin' It Out

We're Both Fools Lost In This Cold World

It was bad.

I got a call from Jack late at night. When I looked at the time on my phone, it was 1:30 am. I wasn't sure why he would call me at such an un-heavenly time but I answered nonetheless, the curiosity defeating the part of my mind that just wanted to go back to sleep.

"Hello Jack?" I asked, rubbing my eyes as a yawn ripped out of my mouth.

"Oh, did I wake you up?" Wrapping my blanket around my shoulders I prop myself up on my headboard. Feeling the cold air on my legs.

"It's fine. What's up?"

A few minutes of silence between the line and I couldn't handle it anymore. He always knew what to say. What was happening?

"Are you al-alright?" I cringe at myself, my stutter always came back when I was panicked. It was still silent, I could hear him breathing down the line and I knew it wasn't good.,I wanted to get out of bed and meet him, but I couldn't even drive a car, besides I didn't even where he lived.

I stay silent, knowing that if I kept asking he'd be pressured to say yes.

"I'm... I'm actually not doing alright. I thought I could talk to you, get my mind off the bad thoughts. You know?"

I understood perfectly.

"Yeah, of course."

--------------

I loved the winter. The cold was always my favorite. I preferred it over the 100 degree summers. It made me feel alive, fresh. I liked the feeling of cold snow in my fingers and how it melts and makes my fingers red. They would go numb and I wouldn't be able to feel them until I went back into the house. I was always the happiest during the winter season.

I told jack this, I told him everything there was to know about the winter. How much it meant to me and how I liked to wake up and put my hands on the cold glass of the window and how a shiver would go down my spine, and I thought it was the best feeling in the world. The winters tickle. I liked to rub down my arm, feeling the small little goosebumps that formed all over.

Everyone else preferred the summer, but I couldn't wait until the end of the year when all the leaves turned colors and slowly drifted onto the grass around it. I was out of breathe by the time I stopped talking. My mind was swirling and I was content, staring outside the window from my bed, the snowflakes still falling from the sky.

"You're amazing." He replied. And I couldn't help but feel the warmth in my cheeks that came with every compliment that he threw at me.

"So are you." I reply, after seconds of contemplating what to say.

"Thank you Alex Gaskarth, maybe I should let you get some sleep. You've made me feel a lot better. I appreciate it. Goodnight."

I smile feeling good about myself, sighing I reply with a "goodnight". The line goes dead and I was sure that I liked Jack a lot. I look to the side of my bed where the teddy bear was sitting. The note on the tag and how Jack denied it being his. I reach for it and settle the furry animal on my chest. I close my eyes and try to fall asleep.

I was too happy to worry about it now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Worlds worst updated is back. I'm 100% sure that I win the title three years in a row.

This was pretty lame but I'm getting somewhere, not good at plots. I keep writing one-shots and then I don't know how to end them so I just keep writing and writing and then I start to feel bad. I'm still working on trying to think of an ending and sticking with it till the end of a story because I have the habit of changing everything around, I'm very fickled.

This chapter is actually supposed to be the night/morning after the previous chapter. I hope no ones confused, because I'm good at confusing people. Alright, thank you guys for waiting. I'll seriously try my hardest to update ASAP, I'm not good at this whole thing. Thank you, I love you all.