Status: In progress.

When I Was Your Man

I'm Just a Teenage Dirtbag Baby

The first day that Alex Gaskarth talked to Rian Dawson was at the first football game of the high school season.

Alex didn't really consider himself a fan of football but his best friend, Zack, begged Alex to come with him and his boyfriend, Matt. So, finally, Alex decided that he deserved a break and that he would go to the game after all.

Once at the game, Zack met with his boyfriend Matt and decided to leave Alex at the food stands to go and get seats in the bleachers. Quickly, Alex ordered nachos and began to make his trek to the direction where Zack and MAtt seemed to head off to.

He didn't get very far though. Before he knew it he was colliding with a burly chest, sending his nachos everywhere.

Alex felt his face heat up. To say he was clumsy, would be an understatement.

"I-I'm so s-sorry" Alex stuttered as he gulped and looking into the deep brown eyes of the stranger.

Alex recognized the boy as an upperclassmen. The boy was on the more popular side of the high school spectrum. Looking up through his lashes, Alex read the name 'Dawson' that appeared in white lettered on the right, purple sleeve of the older boy's varsity jacket.

It didn't take Alex long to realize that he has just spilled nachos all over the star of the highschools basketball team. He expected the elder to be furious. And to maybe even knock the living shit out of him.

But, instead, Alex was met with a white and seemingly perfect grin from the other boy "no worries" he said with a soft chuckle. He wiped at his shirt to try and get the left over food off of him.

"L-let me at least h-help you get it off" Alex said nervously as he rubbed as the back of his neck sheepishly.

Talking to anyone but Zack and Matt was a big deal for Alex. The blonde boy usually kept to himself. The main reason being so he didn't have to go through awkward shit like this.

The older boy just shurgged his varsity jacket off his shoulders and chuckled slightly. "No, honestly it's fine. Im just going to go to the bathroom to wipe it off."

"I'll help" Alex said all to eagerly. He felt his cheeks redden. "I feel really bad" he said softly.

Rian looked down at the slightly shorter boy before nodding.

And that's how Alex ended up in the bathroom, desperately scrubbing the nacho cheese off the attractive boy's shirt.

After a good 10 minutes of silence between the boys, the older boy offered the younger a tiny smile and said, "my name is rian"

And Alex bit his lip slightly because there was really no need for Rian to introduce himself. Everyone knew the older boy. "Alex" he says as he continues to take the cheese off Rian's shirt with a paper towel. "I'm really sorry about this, by the way"

He finishes cleaning the boys shirt and leans against the sink with a small smile, still facing the boy, just looking at him because, in Alex's eyes, the boy was fucking perfect.

White, perfectly straight teeth. Nicely tanned skin. Light brown short hair. And perfectly muscular upper arms.

Alex found his cheeks heat up as he realized he was staring at the elder boy. Rubbing the back of his neck, Alex awkwardly pushed himself off the sink. "I should get going though. My friends are probably freaking out."

He threw the paper towel away before opening the bathroom door. And just as he was about to walk out, he heard Rian say "hey, Alex?"

Alex turned to face the boy "yes?"

"see you around"

The blonde boy felt his cheeks redden significantly before he nodded at the statement "see you around."

It didn't take long for Alex to find Zack and Matt.

"what took you so long?!" Zack wined as Alex sat down beside him. He glanced down to see Zack and Matt holding hands and he couldn't help but roll his eyes slightly.

"I kinda ran into Rian Dawson." Alex paused before continuing. "And spilled our nachos all over him"

The couple looked away from the football field to Alex with wide eyes. "Rian Dawson? The star of the basketball team? The really fucking good looking Sophomore?" Matt said, disbelief coating all of his words.

Alex just simply nodded.

Zack looked back at the game. "And he didn't beat the shit out of you? He must like you" Matt chuckled at what Zack had said and Alex just rolled his eyes.

And at that moment, Alex decided that going to football games every now and then wouldn't be so bad if he got to see the boy again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I knOW THIS IS SHIT AND SHORT IM SORRY I PROMISE IT'LL GET BETTER

but I just didn't know at all how to go about them meeting and such omfg im sorry

i love you guys omfg and I'll get a new chapter up asap :*