Status: Complete <3

Steam Punk Goggles and Ink Stained Hands

I'm Coming For You And I Won't Go Easy

DREW’S POV

~

“Oh wait! Does he sometimes have goggles around his neck?” Kier asks excitedly.

“Yes! That’s him!” after a ten minute conversation with Kier he finally understood who I was talking about. We were in sitting in the school courtyard just before first lesson started; yeah, for once we were early to school. No one else was there yet, it was the perfect time to force Kier to wrack his
brains.

“Finally! Why didn’t you say? Yeah, I know Sumner. Well, I don’t know-know him, nobody know-knows him but I know of him” the red fringed boy concluded.

“Don’t you ‘finally!’ me, you’re the one who took ages to understand who I was talking about!” I argued in mock outrage.

“Whatever! Anyway, why did you want to know if I knew him?” he asked, pulling his black jacket tighter around his small frame.

“I’m worried about him…” I admitted, shuffling in closer to Kier for warmth, it really was ridiculously cold.

“If it’s about him being anti-social then don’t worry about it. He’s always been like that and probably always will be. If he wants to talk to people he will” Kier told me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders to keep my warm.

Only I could be dumb enough to forget a jacket. Now I’m stuck in this stupid shirt and thin jumper, freezing my ass off…

“It’s not that, it’s just… Have you ever noticed him injured in any way? Like bruised or physically hurt?” I questioned, ignoring the quizzical look he sent my way.

“Actually, thinking about it, I have. He keeps away from everyone in general but sometimes I’ve seen him in lessons and he’s had bruises along his jaw or bruises around his wrists and neck. Like someone’s gripped him or chocked him” he remembered a frown on his face.

“If you guys noticed how come no one tried to do anything about him getting hurt?!” I asked, outraged that people could notice Shane hurt and not do anything about it.

“People tried to help him and ask if he was okay but he pushed everyone away. He always insisted he was fine and walked off”. Well doesn’t that sound familiar?

“Who do you think would hurt him?” I asked him, confused about how the boy could have enemies if he never talked to anyone.

“Um, he gets bullied quite a lot by Mark and his little posse for being a “weird mute outcast”. I can’t really think of anyone else who has a grudge against him” he shrugged lightly as I took in the information.

Mark… Mark? Mark?... Mark Valenfore! Yes, Mark Valenfore! He’s always been an over arrogant douche bag. Maybe it’s time to put him in his place…

He has no right to hurt Shane! Nobody does! Now he’s going to get it!


I stood up – determined.

“Where are you going?” Kier asked, frowning when I suddenly jumped up and accidently kicked his knee.

“I’ve got people to see…” I replied, vague and almost darkly.

I scanned the courtyard in search of him; he always hung out by the gates before school so he and his friends could smoke before lessons together.

Bingo!

Sure enough, there he was - his bag slung lazily over his shoulder and a cigarette dangling from the corner of his mouth.

“Don’t go and start a fight with Mark before school!” Kier whispered roughly, sharp enough that I knew he was serious but quiet enough that they wouldn’t hear.

“Okay, I won’t” I replied casually before heading off towards the gates. About half way there Vicki ran past me, obviously towards Kier.

“Hey Drew!” she called as she dashed by, her bag moving slightly in the wind as she moved.

“Yeah, hey” I mumbled with a lack of interest.

It’s not her fault, but I’m kind of annoyed at her. Why? She’s with Kier and that’s breaking Laurence’s heart.

As I walked over Mark looked up at me, curious as to why I’d approached him.

“Woolnough, right?” he said gruffly as I reached him. I wasn’t intending on stopping though; I kept on walking by so that it would appear to Kier that I hadn’t talked to him.

“Meet me after school in the corridor by the gym. Alone, if that’s alright with you” I replied in the same tone.

He raised his eyebrow but nodded at me as I kept walking. Thankfully, Luke and Laurence were just walking up the road, so I headed towards them – making it seem like they were my original destination.

I’ll keep my promise to Kier, I won’t fight Mark before school. After school? Different story. He’s going to learn not to mess with Shane – the hard way.
♠ ♠ ♠
8 day to update?!?! I'm so sorry! I've been uber busy with other stories, it won't happen again (hopefully).

So, Drew's got a plan... A clever one? You'll have to wait and find out...

How do you guys think the next chapter is going to go? Comment please :) x

xo KilljoyAndProudOfIt