Status: Complete <3

Steam Punk Goggles and Ink Stained Hands

Tension

DREW'S POV

~

Sunday came and went with no notable events apart from me realising something. While Barrone was telling me all this stuff the other night, he neglected to explain two important things to me. One, who it was that was hurting him and two, why he always wanted detention. Still, he would tell me when he was ready; it must have been hard for him to tell me that stuff, so I didn’t want to push it.

Soon enough, Monday had rolled around. Usually, this was nothing to be excited about, but today, I was entering the building with Barrone by my side, and that made the whole day so much more exciting.

I was definitely thankful that art was our first lesson, since him and I were practically joined at the hip since the moment we saw each other just outside the large gates. Our chairs were shoved as close together as possible and we were doing more giggling than work, but I had a feeling Mr Way didn't mind. In fact, from the way he kept grinning at us, I think he knew that something had happened between us and actually seemed really happy for us.

This was confirmed when he took the seat next to me as soon as Barrone went to the bathroom about mid-way through the lesson.

"So?" he asked with a grin, nodding towards the door. He really is one of the most unprofessional teachers I’ve ever met, and that is what makes him my favourite.

"So, what?" I replied, keeping my voice casual.

"So what's happening between you and Shane?" he expanded, thinking that I genuinely didn’t get what he was saying.

"Nothing's happening..." I said, ducking my head so he wouldn't see me blush. Evidently, it didn't work.

"There so is! You're blushing!" he whispered excitedly, poking me lightly in the arm.

"Well, we may or may not... be together" I relented and told him, trying to keep the stupid grin off my face which I’d been stuck with since the night we got together.

"Oh my God, I knew it! That's awesome, Drew!" he cheered, before reaching into his pocket with a confused expression. He broke into a smile though when he saw Frank Iero written across the screen with
a text message underneath.

Looks like I’m not the only one with relationship stuff to spill.

"Soooo?" I said, repeating the way he talked to me just moments before. "What does Frank want?" I teased, trying to see his phone over his arm. He quickly passed me the iPhone.

"How am I meant to reply to this?" he asked, looking at me with pleading eyes.

I looked down at the iPhone he’d handed me and read the message that was still displayed on the home screen.

hey Gerard do u wanna get starbcks after wrk? frnk x

When I glanced up at my art teacher again, he was looking at me expectantly, so I quickly typed out a reply and sent it before handing the phone back to him.

Sure :) meet me outside art block? G xx

“Kisses and smileys? Really?” he asked with a raised eyebrow.

“He sent a kiss first and also, he seems like a casual text-er, judging by his spelling and punctuation, or, more precisely, his lack of it” I explained with a grin. “Just trust me, it’ll work” I re-assured.

And sure enough, a reply came in almost immediately after.

Sure cant wait ;P frnk xx

“Told you!” I said triumphantly, reading the message over his arm.

We both looked up in surprise when we heard someone cough awkwardly behind us – Barrone was back.

“Oh, hey Shane, here” he gestured to the chair once he’d stood up from it. Being Mr Way, he couldn’t resist doing a fan-girl-hand-flap-flail when Barrone sat in his seat and immediately took my hand in his under the table. I tutted at him amusedly before going back to finishing the drawing task he’d set us.

This is going to be a good day.

*****

Fucking spoke too soon.

Lunch started as you would expect it to, but quickly escalated into a tense Kier-glaring-at-Laurence session that then escalated to Kier ranting in my ear while Laurence was talking to Shane about something or another on the exact opposite end of the table. It was like year eight all over again! Seriously, we’re sixteen not twelve!

“Why can’t he be happy for me though?” Kier asked, gesturing wildly with his hand that wasn’t holding a sandwich.

“Kier, I can’t really explain someone else’s feelings for them, you’ll have to talk to him” I said, taking the opportunity to move down the table towards Laurence when Kier turned to Luke to ask him the same question.

“Laurence” he looked up from the table and towards me when I whispered in his ear. “Seriously, Laur, you need to tell him or you’re going to end up doing damage to your friendship that you can’t repair. If he just thinks that you don’t support him then he’s going to end up hating you. If you give him an explanation though, and tell him why, there’s no way he’d hate you. He’d understand and maybe he might even like you back” I concluded, squeezing his arm gently and tilting my head in Kier’s direction, signalling that Laurence should go and talk to him.

Laurence looked deep in thought for a second before sighing and standing up from the table. I watched as he walked up to Kier, only to be met with a glare from the red-fringed boy. I could see the hurt that briefly flashed across Laurence’s face when he saw this. Though to most people, it would look like they were in a serious argument at the moment, it was only Kier that was angry. Well, actually, Laurence was angry as well, but mainly at himself and not Kier. Laurence just wanted to have Kier as his friend again.

“Um, Kier? Can I possibly talk to you for a bit? Please?” he asked shyly, shuffling around on his feet a little. This must really be getting to him, Laurence is never nervous like that, especially not around Kier, who was undoubtably his best friend in the world, even when they were fighting (which was incredibly rare).
Kier looked contemplative for a second before he nodded his head and joined Laurence in standing. The two gave us brief goodbyes and waves before walking out of the canteen together in silence.

“Well that was awkward…” Shane mumbled to fill the silence that was left over the table.

“You’re telling me” I said, taking his hand under the table, just like he’d done in art. I was silently praying that Kier and Laurence could patch things up and that soon enough they would be holding hands under the table just like Barrone and I do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gah, Keveridge trouble!

xo KilljoyAndProudOfIt