Status: Complete <3

Steam Punk Goggles and Ink Stained Hands

Surely Enemies Is More Appropriate

KIER'S POV

~

It was Tuesday afternoon, just one day after Laurence and I had kissed in the art corridor, just one day since I felt like everything fell into place. It was also the first time I'd seen Vicki since we decided to call it off. We both knew as well as each other that it wasn't meant to be and we both had our eyes on other people. In order to have any chance of being with them though, we needed to break up what wasn't even a proper relationship in the first place. We were meant to be friends, not partners, I guess we originally misinterpreted that. Luckily for me, I ended up with the person who'd captured my heart. Vicki though, I had no idea how she and Billie Joe stood relationship wise. That was why it made me smile to see her and Billie walk into the coffee house together, the same one Laurence and I were sitting in, actually.

She noticed us just seconds after I noticed them, and sent a smile my way. He eyes flickered to our hands, which were entwined over the top of the table and her grin broadened. Discreetly as I could, I made a side-to-side hand gesture between the pair of them, cocking my eyebrow up in question of their current relationship status. With a smile and a blush, she slipped her hand into Billie's, causing him to turn his head towards her and give her a kiss on the cheek.

By now, Laurence had also spotted them, and as they received their coffees, he called over to them.

"Hey, Vicki! Hey, Billie!" he called across the small shop with an accompanying wave.

Billie turned at the mention of his name, and waved back when he saw us sitting down by the front window. The pair made their way over to us, hot drinks clutched in their hands.

"Hey, Kier and Laurence, right?" Billie asked, brushing his raven fringe out the way of his eyes.

"Yup" Laurence confirmed, while Vicki and I grinned at each other.

"Ah, Vicki! My newest mortal enemy! So we meet again..." I stated. Laurence just looked at me like I'd started licking the table - both bemused and confused.

"God, not you!" she tutted, rolling her eyes sarcastically "Billie, this is my ex - boyfriend Kier and his new boyfriend and - as social standards dictate - we must be awkward and cold towards each other to be in-keeping with the appropriate way to deal with your exs" she concluded with a nod, before bursting into a fit a quiet giggles, effectively ruining the act.

"Well, okay then..." Billie responded with a affectionate shake of his head before gesturing to the two vacant seats around the table. "Can we join you?"

"Sure" Laurence and I agreed simultaneously, moving our drinks towards us so they had room to set theirs down.

"So, how did you two meet?" Billie asked us, smiling as he saw that we were still holding hands. I was glad he wasn't homophobic; he seemed like such a nice guy, it would have been a shame if he was an asshole. Thankfully, he wasn't though.

"Well..." Laurence started with a grin, holding me close as I snuggled into his side.

I couldn't believe we were finally in a relationship where we could tell people the 'How did you meet?' story. As I sipped at my latte, I couldn't help but think about how happy that made me feel.
♠ ♠ ♠
xo KilljoyAndProudOfIt