Status: Complete <3

Steam Punk Goggles and Ink Stained Hands

Flesh Pink Like Amphetamines

SHANES'S POV

~

"Should I answer it?" I whispered, almost as if she could here me even though I hadn't accepted the call yet.

"She might be calling to apologise; probably not, but it's possible. No harm in hearing why she's calling and we can always hang up if we don't want to hear it" Drew reasoned, head rested on my chest as he shifted to lay his legs across one of mine; he was practically sitting across my lap but instead of sitting on my legs he was in-between them.

I nodded and clicked the green 'accept call' button before placing the phone on speaker and resting it on Drew's legs. That way we could both hear whatever she had to say.

"Mum?" I started when all I heard was rustling from the phone; my voice apparently alerted her that I'd answered and she started to stutter out words.

Drunk.

Of course she was drunk.

"Shane! S-Shane Sumner! You-you, you think I wouldn't notice you leaving! You g-get back here right now, Mister! I know why you said you're gay, I worked it out! You only said it to hurt me! You can't like boys because no son of mine is gay! Now get your ass home!" She only just managed to slur out her sentences as she barked down the phone at me.

Instinctively, my arms tightened around Drew at her words; how dare she question my love for him and say it's an act!

Hardly amused by her excuses for my sexuality, I let the biting remark urging to fight it's way out of my mouth free.

"Actually, I'm not gonna come home when there's nothing worth coming home for. I'm staying here with my BOYfriend!" I snapped, kissing Drew on the top of his head after I spoke and smiling as he nuzzled into me.

"So, you're leaving me for a boy! I can't b-believe you! You're just like your father-r! He left me for some man, fucking h-homo! Didn't even have the courtesy to tell me he liked boys and girls when I married him! Shame he didn't stick around to see that he-he passed his gay genes on-onto his kid-d! Whatever! Don't come- don't come- don't come home!" With a bang, I heard her slam down her home phone, ending the call an leaving me shell shocked.

My dad liked boys?

All along I'd thought he would have been ashamed of me and it turns out he wouldn't have been.

Why didn't he stick around though? Even if it was just giving me a number to call so I'd have some contact with him?

So many nights I wished I could have had someone to talk to and he just left me.

Left me with her. Left me to be abused. Left me all on my own to face the world.

He could have helped me...

I didn't realise I'd voiced my last thought until Drew spoke up, always the voice of reason.

"Shane, think for a second. Your father went through a divorce with an extremely homophobic woman who was most probably going to pass her views onto her child. Most probably, he thought if he stayed you'd reject him and wouldn't want anything to do with him" he reasoned, bringing up the other point of view in the situation.

As I mulled it over, I realised how probable it was that Drew's take on the situation was correct.

"Yeah, you're probably right... Still, it doesn't matter. It's too late now to do anything. Even if he did want to meet me or anything like that, there's no way I could find him now..." I sighed, realising that even though I'd just found out such a significant piece of information, it did nothing to help the situation.

"Shaney, hey, Shaney, look at me. He may have stepped out of your life but he's the one missing out. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, you know?" Drew whispered, gently reaching his fingers up to trace my jaw and lightly running his fingertips over my lips.

"Yeah, baby, and you know what? You're my reason to live. I love you, Drew, with all my heart" I admitted, kissing his fingers tips before tilting my head down to peck at his lips.

"I love you too, Shane, so very much" he replied, before gently pushing me back so he was lying on top of me and kissing me lovingly.

Our kisses became more passionate as time passed an it wasn't long before hands started to travel to belts. Jeans were soon discarded and shirts were shed as skin touched skin and hands explored.

"Drew?" I whispered as he kissed my neck, biting and sucking occasionally.

"Yeah, sweetie?" He murmured against my exposed skin.

"I'm a little nervous, this is my first time..." Admission wasn't as hard as I thought it would be; most probably because I trusted Drew.

"Don't worry, it's my first time too. Honestly though, I'm glad you're my first and you know what? I'm hoping you'll be my last as well" his words made me grin and restored the confidence I lost momentarily.

"Well in that case..." And with that, boxers were discarded, the final step into starting what was sure to be one of the best experiences of my life.

What made it completely perfect was that I experienced it with Drew.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, nobody really commented on what they'd like with this chapter smut wise apart from one person who wanted it ( ;) ) so I decided to keep it PG-13. If you want a timids smut scene though, comment and I'll write a sexy oneshot for all of you who wanted timid love and didn't get it.

xo KilljoyAndProudOfIt