Status: Complete <3

Steam Punk Goggles and Ink Stained Hands

Famous Last Words

DREW’S POV

~

It’s no secret that I can’t cook.

Laurence, Kier and Luke point blank refuse to go near anything that I have a hand in making, even if they’ve watched me do the whole thing and have seen that I haven’t done anything to it accidently that could poison them. I guess it’s not really surprising then that as a general rule I don’t cook due to the overwhelming lack of confidence in my kitchen skills; and that my dear friends is the reason why I’m now standing in my kitchen trying to work out what the hell the microwaving instructions mean on a sausage and mash ready meal.

“What the hell am I supposed to do with this?!” I exclaimed, frustrated.

“You need to remove the cardboard, piece the film lid and stick it in on full power for about 4 minutes depending on what the timing on the back says” I jumped out of my skin when I heard my mother’s voice behind me.

“Ah! Mum! You scared me!” I jokingly scolded her causing her to laugh gently and ruffle my hair like she did when I was a kid.

“Silly boy” she smiled. My mother was always affectionate and warm towards me and I was really grateful for it. When I came out to her that I was gay she didn’t pull a face, disown me or say that she ‘needs time to adjust to the situation’ she just accepted me and told me that she’d love me no matter what my orientation. My dad was a little uncomfortable at first but didn’t voice it, clearly not wanting to upset me; he’s become more accustom to the idea now and is unfazed if he sees me walking holding a guy’s hand.

That hasn’t really happened in a while though, my love life has been pretty much non-existent since me and my last boyfriend mutually decided to just remain friends. As I stuck the meal into the microwave my thoughts drifted over to Barrone, the quiet mystery who has managed to worm his way into all of my
thoughts lately.

During the 4 minutes I had to wait for my food to bing I went to get my timetable off the fridge, curious of what lessons I had tomorrow. I’m pretty sure my smile reached dangerous kilowatt voltage when I realised I had art tomorrow and would get to spend more time with Barrone!

I did a small victory dance (complete with manly flailing) over the microwave that has now thankfully stopped rotating my food, I’m so hungry!

Food and art class with Barrone. Life is good.

*****

I think I jinxed myself. Art class started just over 20 minutes ago now and Barrone has yet to make an appearance; I know he’s here today, I saw him go into the bathroom earlier at the end of break when I was about to go into history.

Why’s he not in lesson then? Maybe something happened to him?!

Apparently my worry and sadness showed on my face as Mr Way made his way to the back and quietly asked me if something was wrong. I immediately told him there wasn’t, ignoring his sceptical eyebrow. He shrugged lightly and was about to walk off when I suddenly decided that he actually might know something that’ll help me.

“Actually Mr Way, um, would you happen to know why Barrone is not in lesson today?”

“Barrone?” he asked, clearly confused.

“The guy who I was sat next to last week… oh! He probably used his real name – Shane” I explained, realising that Barrone had probably not introduced himself using a nickname to our new teacher.

“Oh! Right, I know who you mean now! Well no, maybe he’s ill?” he suggested.

“No, he’s definitely here today…” I said sadly.

“Oh, well I don’t know then… sorry Drew” he said apologetically, noticing my downcast expression.

I half-heartedly waved it off just like Barrone did to me the day I met him resulting in him nodding and heading back towards his desk.

I just hope Barrone’s not in trouble…

*****

“Hello, I was wondering if you knew anything about why a boy called Shane was not in his art class last lesson? Class 11GW? Okay, that sounded like a stalker-y obsessive question but I know he’s in today and he wasn’t there and he’s not the type to skip class. He isn’t in medical is he?” I asked the lady sitting behind the wooden desk in reception. I probably sounded really weird but I didn’t care to be honest, I was more worried about what could have happened to Barrone in the space of a lesson that would cause him to not be in lessons.

“Shane Sumner?” she asked, looking at me through her thin framed glasses.

“I guess, I’m not quite sure…” why did I never think to ask his last name?!

“Well, up until yesterday there was a Shane Sumner in your art class but he wouldn’t be in there today” she informed me.

“Why not?”

“He came down to the office yesterday and requested to re-arrange his timetable. He swapped and now has geography whenever he did have art” she smiles at me, thinking she’s made me happy by telling me this.

She hasn’t.

Why the hell did he move class? Did I do something wrong?

I probably came on too strong…


I started to walk down the hall when I saw the man in question cross across to a water fountain; I clichéd-ly stopped walking in the middle of the lines of lockers and looked at him until he saw me when he turned around.

He looked slightly shocked at me for a minute before hurrying off down the hall to wherever he’s going that he deems more important than coming to talk to me or explain why he moved.

Well, that’s rude.

Food and art class with Barrone. Life is good.

Talk about famous last words…
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for more drama-llamas guys!
Next chapter will be in Barrone's POV so you'll get some of the answers you want, including why he changed classes.

There should be an update Sunday though it may be delayed until Monday as i'm going to see FVK on Sunday and because I generally write in the evenings I may not get it done. Still, I'll see how it goes xD

Thanks for reading! <3 ~KilljoyAndProudOfIt