Looking Hopeful.

The Happy Ending.

2 years later:-

John took Lucy's hand, she'd just come back from winning the world championships and wanted some air, she was tired a little, and a little battered up, fighting competitions did take it out of you, quite literally sometimes, unable to stop herself running her tongue, over a tooth, that had to be replaced when she was kicked in the head, mouthguards didn't work all the time clearly, 'you good?' 'I'm fine, I'm with you' she smiled at John who was grinning, 'good'.

Walking around the park, he sat with her on the grass nnear the observatory in the park, he pulled her close, resting her head on his chest, 'I love you John' she sighed, 'I love you too, Lucy' he smiled, 'I think you're the only person I ever have' she smiled, 'mutual' 'I think, you know, I'd like you to be' 'don't be nervous sweetheart' kissing his cheek softly, he smiled, 'you know me so well, will, will you marry me?' he murmured, 'absolutely, Johnny' he grinned kissing deeply holding his cheeks, he pulled a rind out, sliding the ring on her finger, 'thank god' they laughed, 'I'd never say no to you'.

-x-

John held her hand at the altar a few months later, he smiled at her, she smiled back pleased she could stop training for a bit and commit to a wedding and honeymoon, sharing vows, she wiped her eyes, kissing her deeply as they were told they were husband and wife.

'Are you ok, darling?' she smiled, 'I'm fine, I just have something-' 'John, we're doing-' 'Gare be there in a second, just-' 'of course, sorry' heading off back to the bar, 'what's up, Lu?' she smiled resting on his chest, 'I think I'm, we're having a baby' he grinned, 'really?' 'it's why I've been slowing down training a little' John hugged her tight, 'how far?' '8 weeks, I think, before your final tour' he smiled, 'babe, I love you' 'I love you too'.

they lived happily.