Status: Update whenever I can.

Accidental Meetings

Accidents Happen

Austin's POV

*****

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

"Ah, fuck." I said, letting out a groan as I rolled over to turn the annoying alarm clock off. What time is it? I squinted my eyes to adjust to the light. 8:00 a.m.

I should really get up; I have a job to go to after all.

"Meow." I looked over the side of my bed to find my cat, Bandit, staring up at me.

"What do you want?" I asked her. She just 'meowed' at me again, causing me to roll my eyes. She's probably hungry. "Fine. I'll get up. Happy?" I asked her as I stood up and stretched. She responded by rubbing her black, furred body against my leg.

"Alright then, come on." I commanded her, walking out of my room and into the kitchen. I poured her a bowl of food, setting it on the ground for her to eat. Then I quickly got ready for work.

My phone started to ring from somehwere in my apartment. I found it in my room, and answered it, making the ringtone cut off.

"Hello?" I answered, pressing the cold phone to my ear.

"Hey! You about on your way?" Alan's usual hyper voice sounded through the device. I chuckled at him.

"Yes, Alan. I was in the middle of getting ready when you called. Did you need anything?" I asked him, hoping he'd just be calling to say hey before work.

"I actually do need something! Coffee!" He answered me. I sighed. Should I be the good friend I am, and get him the coffee adding onto the hyperness, or should I be mean? "Please!"

I sighed and nodded my head even though he couldn't see, "Yeah, man. I'll be there in about twenty."

"Thanks, Austin!" Alan said before hanging up the line.

I slid my phone into my pocket, grabbed my wallet and keys, and headed out the door.

I climbed into my car and headed to the closest cafè, hoping that there wouldn't be many people. My hopes weren't getting me anywhere today. I pulled up to the crowded shop and groaned.

Alan just HAD to have his coffee, didn't he?

I got out of my black Honda and went to open the door to the coffee shop, hitting someone on their way out. They screeched and fell to the floor, holding their head and rubbing at it trying to soothe the pain.

"I am so sorry!" I exclaimed, kneeling down to help them.
I discovered the person was a very attractive man, probably around my age. He had perfectly sculpted, black hair and a VERY attractive face.

"Are you going to help me up, or just stare at me?" He snapped. I looked down at his face to find him trying not to smile. "Nah, I'm just messing with you. Accidents happen, right?"

"Yeah." I answered and held my hand out for him to take. He slipped his small fingers into mine, and I felt a spark. I gasped and pulled him up. "I uh, sorry again." I mummbled before walking into the cafè, avoiding any further conversation.

I had never done well with talking to other people. Not unless I knew them, like Alan or any of my friends. I most certainly didn't know that man. I would have rememebered him. Oh well.

"Next," a short girl said from behind the cashregister. I stepped forward and order two plain coffees. Within two minutes they arrived to me and I left the cramped cafè.

I got into my car and drove to Alans shop. Maybe today would be okay.

*****

"Austin! Thank God you're here!" Alan exclaimed as I entered his music shop.

"Why are you thanking God I'm here? What did you do?" I asked him, guessing he had gotten into some sort of trouble.

"I did nothing, for your information. Just needed your opinion on something! Jeez!" He said coming to stand beside me, taking the warm coffee from my hands. He lifted it carefully to his lips and drank some. "Ugh! I forgot, you always order the coffee plain, Mr. ILikeMyCoffeePlain!"

I rolled my eyes jokingly at the red head and went to the check out desk, setting my keys and coffee down. "So, what am I'm I.. opinionating..?" I asked him.

"Welllll," he started walking out of the back room with multiple packets of sugar, "What do you think about maybe adding some other kinds of music in here? I mean, we get the occasional Justin Bieber fan, so why not add him to the collection?"

I couldn't help but laugh at the question. Alan absolutely dislikes Justin Bieber, so he must be pretty damn serious about it. "I guess man, more buisness, right?"

He smiled and nodded his head enthusiastically.

"Where did you go for this coffee? I like the brew." The red head asked me as he went to his seat behind the checkout desk. I shrugged my shoulders at him.

"Didn't really pay attention to the name. It was just a small cafè down the street from my apartment.

"Oh. Well, you'll have to take me there sometime so I know where it's at!" I nodded my head in agreement and went to drink my own coffee.

A few minutes later the bell signaled a customer walking into the shop.

A shorter boy with really tan skin, and long brown hair walked in, shooting me and Alan a wave before browsing through the music.

"Guess I should go assisst." I mumbeled and set my coffee down. I slauntered over to the boy to find he was looking at the heavier metal.

"Welcome to 'The Music Shop'. Anything I can help you with?" I asked him. He looked at me and thought for a minute before answering.

"Nah. Just looking. But, thanks." He said, so I turned to walk away. "Actually," I stopped and turned back to him. "Do you have like any local music? Like, a section with bands that are up and coming. You know what I mean?"

"Believe it or not we do. Come on, I'll show you. The name's Austin, bu the way." I told him as he followed behind me toward the back of the store.

"My name's Vic." He said as we stopped in front of the little section titled, 'Newbies'. The boy, Vic, started to scan all of the CD's before turning to me. "Do you reccomend anything?"

"The guy you wanna ask that question to is Alan. He's all into looking for new bands. Hold on and I'll grab him.

I walked back over to Alan who was flipping through the newest AP magazine, frowning at the article he was reading.

"Hey, customer needs your music opinion." I told him. Alan shut the magazine and stood up, stretching his muscles.

"Hmmm, what kind of music is he looking at?" He asked me.

"Newbies." I answered. Alans face lit up and he ran over to Vic, immediately engaging in conversation.

I went behind the checkout desk and sag in Alans seat, grabbed his magazine, and started flipping through it. I read an article on some old bands, and an article on the latest Warped Tour news.

'Ding'. I looked up from the magazine to find the boy from the coffee shop walking to the nearest music stand and observing the music.

Well, I guess I have to go do my job. Hope this isn't awkward, and I really hope he doesn't hats me for hitting him with a door.

I made my way over to the man and cleared my throat to get his attention. He jumped back, knocking a few CD's to the floor. I chuckled lightly and he started apologizing frantically.

I held my hand up to silence him. "Accidents happen, right?" I asked the question he had asked me earlier. He blushed and bent down, me following his actions. We cleaned the discs up and both stood.

"Sorry about that, again." H said shyly.

"No need to apologoze. It's fine." I told him. He looked up at me and held out his his.

"Kellin. Kellin Quinn." He said. He had a cute name to match his cute self. I giggled inwardly and stuck my hand out to grasp his.

"Austin. Austin Carlile." He blushed at my words and dropped my hand before turning to the music again.

"So, Austin. You guys have anything by Trivium or Pantera? Or maybe some Slipknot?" He asked quietly.

"Yeah, dude. Follow and you shall receive." I joked with him. He let out a cute laugh and we started walking.

"Listen," I said to him. He looked up at me as we walked. "I'm REALLY sorry about hitting you with that door earlier." I told him. He let out a deep laugh.

"Seriously, I'm fine. No harm done." He said. I smiled down at him aand motioned to the section that held Trivium and Pantera CD's.

"And if you want some Slipknot," I said, "It's right over there." I pointed to a section beside the checkout counter.

"Alright thanks!" Kellin grinned at me.

"No problem." I replied. I stood beside him and though for a minute. I had just had a full conversation with Kellin and not once did I feel like I would freak out. Conversation came easy with him. AND he was incredibly good looking.

"If you have any questions, I'll be over there." I told him, motioning to the desk. Alan was walking back over there at the same time as me, Vic trailing behind him.

"Another customer?" Alan asked me. I looked over at Kellin and nodded. "Cool. Well, Vic here, would like to put some of his bands work in here." Vic was nodding his head enthusiastically.

"You're in a band?" I asked him.

"Yup. I sing and play guitar. My brother is the drummer and my two best friends play bass and guitar." He told me, smiling the whole time.

"That's great!" I told him.

"Yes it is. Plus, Vic is going to buy an Of Mice & Men album." I grinned.

"Yeah. You guys are pretty good. I really like your sound." Vic said, looking back and forth between me and Alan.

"Thanks man! Just bring in yours whenever and me and Austin will check it out, and maybe put a few CD's in here." Alan told him. Vic smiled widely and thanked Alan before paying for the CD's he had picked up and left.

"Maybe he'll tell others of our music!" Alan said excitedly.
I smiled at the ginger and said, "Maybe." I looked over at Kellin to see him studying some more music before deciding I'd ask him to meet up for coffee tomorrow. I'd like to get to know him.

"I'll be right back. I"m gonna go ask that guy over there on a date." I told Alan confidently.

"Damn! Someone grew some balls! Do you even know him?" Alan asked me, chuckling lightly.

"Yes." I stated.

"Where?" He questioned.

"Hit him with a door." At that Alan burst out laughing causing Kellin to look over at us, giving me a questioning look. I just smiled at him and walked over to the display he was looking at.

"Hey, I know we hardly know each other. Actually, we don't know eachother at all, but I was wondering if maybe you'd like to meet up and get coffee tomorrow morning?" I asked him upon reaching my destination.

He smiled up at me, "Yeah. I'd uhm, I'd really like that. Tomorrow morning, 8? At the 'Purple Brew'?"

"Yeah. It's a date." I told him. His face turned bright red and he grabbed a CD and headed toward the checkout counter. He paid for his CD and left.

I walked over to Alan and looked at him quizzically. He had a huge grin on his face and he was staring at me knowingly.

"Well hello, lover boy." He teased me.

"Oh shut up." I groaned. He shook his head at me, laughing.

"I wouldn't get angry with the person who has the incredibly attractive young mans number." Alan said in a sing song voice. I raised one of my eyebrows in question.
"You heard me." He said and pushed a piece of paper with ten digits and 'Kellin :)' wrote on it.

I blushed and shoved the paper in my pocket.

Well, okay then. Today has been interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
So.. I stumbled across an Austlin/Kelstin fic and adored it. I had never thought of this pairing before.. but I actually like it. With that said, I hope this won't be a too bad story. Hope you enjoyed.

*Sorry for any mistakes.