I Want You On My Team

I'm On Your Side Give Love A Try

And then my life was back to normal. I couldn't have asked for a better gift. Communications with Nick had tampered dangerously low. I didn't know how to react to him now that I knew for sure that he was interested in me that way. He was going to kiss me! How do I respond to that? My best friend slash brother almost kissed me! It's safe to say the rest of the weekend was in fact awkward. The awkwardest situation I had ever been in. My problem was, at first, I couldn't stop thinking about him. His hair, his face, his voice, that damn tattoo. Which is why I focused my attention on cheerleading and the big pep rally we were doing. That's how the three weeks between the weekend in Texas and the day of the performance sped by so fast. Every second it was go over counts in my head, do the tumbling sequences, mock the stunts, over and over I did this. It was safe to say I had this routine down.
The team waited over energized waiting in the hall to start the performance. Holland grabbed my shoulder.
"Lexi, you need to learn to give someone a chance. I'm just saying that you are letting real life pass you by way to fast." I gave her a look in question of her little speech. I didn't get time to actually ask her why she said this because it was time to start. We had seconds to set-up and we were in the dark. Finding our glow in the dark dots. We began with the light popping on over Sasha and I when the whistle blow sounded. Then I did my thing. There isn't much to explain because it wasn't something I had to think to terribly hard about. The music played and I flew, tumbled, and danced. It was the last section of the song. I was the exposed tumbler. I round off, back hand-spring, back-tucked to one side of the floor and then front hand-spring, front extention rolled while picking up my poms. The crowd cheered as the music finished. Then suddenly it was silent. My team had not rushed toward the front yet. Concerned someone got hurt, I turned too face the back. My team stood so their poms were in four lines. I looked closer, a tad confused at what was happening. The pom poms were two colored, but not randomly. I focused harder.
'PUT UR'
'POMS DOWN'
'AND GO 2'
'PROM?'

Right as I figured it out and got a whole lot more confused at who was the fault for this. My team parted and a man stepped through. It wasn't just any man. He was my best friend. All five foot nine of him was in front of me. It was like my life since I met him was suddenly playing. How a young boy from New Jersey and a really small girl from New York met and became friends. How they grew up sometimes together and sometimes apart. I'm not saying that I was ready to be in love. Or even to start dating. But I needed to give someone a chance for once in my life. The pom poms hit the floor with a thud.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so thankful for Stay Beautiful. Your every comment makes me update faster. How'd you like this, guys?
<3 Kelsey