I Want You On My Team

Til I'm On Her Mind

So that's how it ended up that the next day Nick and I would be headed for an interview and photo shoot. I was glad and not at the same time that he was going to be there. Happy because I haven't really done this sort of thing before. At the same time I didn't know what this would bring to me emotionally towards him. I still wasn't sure if I was ready for that. I guess either way my life is changed forever. Might as well make the best of it and decide soon.
I woke up early trying to get a start on this crazy day. I showered and put on my normal attire. I wasn't told any different and this was what I am comfortable in. I looked at myself in the mirror and let out a breath before heading in to the main house for breakfast quick before heading out with Nick. It was peaceful outside only the birds were awake. I slipped in through the back door and to the empty kitchen. Where coffee was sitting in the pot waiting for me. I readied a cup and wondered where Nick was. With that I made my way up the stairs to his room. I heard that the shower was running. Then I smiled as his voice started flowing into my ears.
"Give me your heart I won't let go. I'm hoping that someday, someday I'm gonna put a smile on that pretty face. Oh, someway, someway we'll still be dancing when we're old and we're gray. But I'm looking at you from a distance you don't know what you're missing. Girl, someday, some way I know it's gonna be okay." I sank to the floor and sat against the wall sipping my coffee smiling. He continued singing now further into the song by Joe Brooks. "Hold your hand in the back row, steal a kiss in the shadows. As time goes by I know we will be the perfect love story. I gave you my heart so don't let go." I somehow missed the water turning off because he stopped singing as he opened the door and saw me sitting there. I covered my eyes as all he was wearing was a towel and he was too close and I was on the ground.
"Tell me when it's safe." I didn't want to peek because that was a sight I wasn't ready to see.
"Your safe, Lex. I am not. You creep." He continued down the hall water dripping from his hair. I stood up when he disappeared and went back to the kitchen. I waited until he came down and got some food to eat around.
"You called me a creep." I said as he handed me an apple.
"You were listening me shower." He replied sitting at the breakfast table.
"I can't be that creepy. I covered my eyes when you practically showed me your man business. That is not something I am even remotely ready to see."
"Well, maybe you shouldn't stalk the bathroom when I'm inside and sit on the floor. I wasn't expecting a spectator for the walk from the shower. That's all your fault."
"Whatever. Do you have any tips for me?"
"Don't sit on the floor outside of the bathroom."
"I meant for the interview, idiot."
"I know." He joked, smiling at me. I tossed a granola bar at his chest. He caught it. I stuck my tongue out.
"Let's get going." He spoke standing and dumping his mug and mine into the sink. Minutes later we climbed into his mustang and started on our way to meet this woman named Josie Costello.
When I stepped out of the car I looked up at the building for a long few seconds before I let Nick take my hand to lead me in side. I couldn't help, but smile at our fingers clasped together. It gave me a feeling of safety. The receptionist had us follow her back to a rather large room with the camera background set up and and a living room set up on thee other side. I looked around letting it sink in. A woman in loafers and jeans walked up to us.
"Hey Nick." She said still walking. When she stood in front of us she shook both our hands. "How are y'all today?"
"Fantastic." Nick and I said at the same time and then let out a short laugh together.
"That's cute. Come in, come in take a seat on my couch. We have a lot to discuss." Josie motioned us in. We took a seat together and she sat in the chair across from us. A man brought over a tray of drinks. "There is so much to ask. Might as well start at the beginning. How did you two meet?" I smiled and swiped my hair behind my ears.
" Well, we were both really young. I was traveling to New York for some auditions. Mom and I were staying in the same hotel as her, her mom, and her nanny. That was back when Alexis was doing pageants. I saw her in her pretty dresses and I just had to talk to her." Nick started the story.
"And the night after crowning, my mother finally let me go in the pool. Consequently, Nick and Ms. Denise also went to the pool that night. So our mom's got to talking. They obviously became friends and then so did us. Every weekend there on out, they drove us back and forth the long journey. Nanuet, New York to Wyckoff, New Jersey." I continued.
"So you've been together awhile?" Josie asked.
"We've been friends about thirteen years now." I responded smiling and squeezing Nick's hand.
"No, how long have you been dating each other?" Nick sighed at that question. "What was that for Nick?"
"We have not ever been dating." He answered looking at me. "Unfortunately." Nick added.
"So, you are going to Prom as friends?" She inquired.
"Sort of." I followed. "I am undecided."
"She is very indecisive." He commented. The questions continued and we kept the answers coming. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's a long one to make up for inactivity. Hope you enjoy it.
Let me know what you think.
<3 Kelsey