I Want You On My Team

Just Tell Me That You'll Stay

One day later after lunch out with Ms. Denise, Nick was waiting by the door when we walked in.
"The interview is out!" He smiled and grabbed my hand and pulled me up stairs. I sat on the couch as he grabbed his laptop and set it in front of me. It was already on the page. "I waited so we could read it together."
"The Girl That Has Got Nick Jonas Going Crazy." I read aloud.
"Nice title. It fits well." He chuckled. "When I was called for an exclusive interview with Alexis Carter, 18, I knew I had to take it. Alexis, if you are living under a rock, was the cheerleader asked to prom by Nick Jonas in an completely adorable way. (See video.)"
"I see you are reading word for word. Even the unnecessary parts." I commented.
"I was as curious as some of you were to figure out who exactly is Alexis Carter and why is she being asked to prom by Nick. Are they dating? Did she win a secret contest? But, before I get to that you should know who Alexis Carter is." He continued. "Born and raised in Nanuet, New York the daughter of a young lawyer for a father and a super model as a mom. She spent her young life as a pageant star, (she would have been on Toddlers and Tiaras if it of course had been a show in the 90s). Nick and her had met each other while she was at a pageant in fact. 'I saw her in her pretty dresses and I just had to talk to her.' Nick recounted. These days Alexis is putting on a whole different show. She's wowing crowds with her unbelievable jumping, tumbling, and yes, flying. As you've probably witnessed in the before mentioned video. You would think with that that Alexis is your everyday cheerleader, but in truth she doesn't really come of that way. She was shy and reserved with me at first. She honestly is a nice girl, who let's her actions speak louder than words. That's a little taste of who she is, but what you are really waiting for is the why to this story." Nick stopped for a second so I picked up the reading.
"Nick and Alexis have been friends for thirteen years." I stopped reading. "This is boring. So boring!"
"You are boring, Alexis." Nick joked scrunching a finger into my side. I giggled and moved away from him. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders pulling me closer. I found myself with my head against his chest with my eyes closed. Slowly my arm crossed his stomach and wrapped around him. And, I was home. I stayed this way just being held. His fingers ran through my hair. "This is the way it should be." His voice came as a whisper.
"Nick." I spoke not lifting my head just yet.
"What?" I drug my head up to look at his face.
"Leave it alone, please. Just this once let things be how they are. Don't talk about how things could be just let things happen as they do. Please. Just hold me and let things be."
♠ ♠ ♠
<3 Kelsey