I Want You On My Team

Don't Know How To Act Cause I Lost My Head

I was having a pretty great dream. You know how when you get to the good part and then you wake up. Don't you hate that? It's like your mind just wants to play with you. It is the worst part of dreaming, in my opinion. This time though it was different. I was actually dreaming that I was sleeping in my bed with a really hot guy. This was a guess cause I couldn't actually see the man. I could feel his chest against my back and his face against my cheek. Strong arms holding me tight. It was splendid. He shifted as if he was about to wake and I wanted to see his face, but I couldn't even when I turned. I felt his breath close to my face as if he would kiss me good morning. The anticipation was the worst I've ever felt. Like my whole life I had been for this and then my eyes opened. But. Yes I said it, but I realized I still wasn't alone. I thought for a second that I was still dreaming. It felt to real to be dreaming. Quickly I turned to see. It was Nick. My pretty much brother. I didn't know what to think of the dream and my reality. I pulled myself from under the covers and stepped into the bathroom. Leaning against the sink I looked at myself. I was a little distraught. I confirmed conciously that I only thought of Nick as a friend. Mind what are you doing? I know he is a very nice looking guy. Gorgeous actually. I slapped my palm to my face and rubbed water on my eyes. I must be partially asleep still. A knock came from the door. I looked at myself once more before walking and opening the door to my bedroom. There Nick was in a sleepy haze at the door. I stepped out and dashed into my closet avoiding eye contact with his abs or biceps.
"Good morning, Lex." I cought his smile before shutting the door behind me. Why was I avoiding my best friend? This shouldn't be a thing. I was confused because of his seeming advances tward me and my sleeping mind's pictures. Quickly, I changed into my favorite oversized sweater and skinny jeans. Slipped my feet into a pair of sandals and buckled them. I heard the shower running in the next room. I thought of how his hair used to look when it was long and curly and he came out of the pool. How it stuck to his face. I now wondered how his short hair looked wet. I shook the thought away. I went back into my bedroom. The house's connection line rang. It's a phone that only connects to places around the house. I hurried over to pick it up.
"Yes?" I asked.
"Hey, Lopie." I laughed every time my Dad. called me that. "Breakfast is almost ready."
"Okay, Daddy. We'll be up in a second."
"You better. There's no funny business going on down there is there?"
"Daddy! He is like my brother!" But really in my head there was tons of funny business going on. "I'll be up in a few." I replaced the phone on the hook as Nick exited my bathroom in fresh clothes. I smiled and told him about breakfast before turning to the door to leave. I heard his feet padding behind me. That was a sound I always had loved to hear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please. I like knowing how I'm doing.
:) Kelsey