I Want You On My Team

I'm Going Crazy One Day At A Time

"1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 7... 8... 9... 10... 11... 12... 13...14...15...16.." The team clapped and reached for their left toes to repeat the cycle. Once finished stretching we stood in lines.
"Pop into your splits and sit in them while I talk." We all followed the orders that coach told us. "So, as you all know our season ends with the spring pep rally. This year we are making it bigger than ever. And we even have a song fresh from the studio. I've called in a few favors to get ahold of this before it was released to the public. She pushed a button on her remote to the sound system and a whistle sounded.
"Oh I love it when your hands are free. Baby, put your pom poms down for me." I pulled my head down to my knee and laid there hiding my face. Nick was slowly invading everything in my life. Even cheerleading, my pride and joy. I sat like this for all three minutes of the song after that.
"So with that I want you all up and ready for formations. Alexis, run to the office. There is a huge box in there of poms that we need."

I walked into the front door and sensed that dinner was ready and waiting on the table so my melt down about the song and my feelings for my so close we are family best friend must therefore wait. Did I just admitt that out loud? I obviously didn't mean that. He is like my brother. Feelings other than brotherly don't have a place here inside of me.
With that I tossed my bag infront of the stairs to my room and headed towards the dining room in hopes of something chocolate being in dessert. My parents where sitting at the table already seemingly waiting for me to come in. By the looks on their faces they were carrying some news. I don't know if I can take any more news today. I sat awaiting the announcement that was sure to come. They smiled at me and then we prayed. Minutes after our meal started my dad looked to my mom and then they looked at me.
"Alexis, we have some exciting news to share with you." Dad started.
"Okay." I answered not sure what they were going to say.
"After you were born I decided not to have any more children until you were older. I wanted to have time with you. Now your older and we've got to see what a blessing you are we decided to have another baby. Of course this decision was made a year ago. So basically I'm trying to tell you in a round about way that you are going to be a big sister." Mother explained to me. I was in shock. Is that even possible?
"Mom, your forty does that even work?"
"When I was twenty-eight, we had embryos frozen for the future." I didn't know how to respond to this. I had spent eighteen years of my life an only child. Why bring a kid into my life now? It's a little late for us to bond too terribly much. I'll be across the country (hopefully) next fall for college. I'll be gone before it is even born probably. I looked at my dinner and then at the ceiling. God, why do you have to pile it on like this? Why? With that I finished my dinner silently and then escaped to my room. Before climbing into the shoower I sent a message to Nick.
'Save me! My mom is expecting. At 40.'
Seconds after it sent my phone lit up with a message. I picked it up and looked at it before setting it on the counter and stepping into the shower.
'Finally someone can replace me so I don't have to be your brother. We can move on to other titles now!'
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you again to Stay Beautiful for commenting on the last update. Tell me what you think.
<3 Kelsey