I Want You On My Team

I'm On The Edge Of Crossing The Line

It was eight in the evening when we pulled into the Jonas compound. I was excited as ever to get a little time away from the baby talk my parents constantly stuck on. As soon as they put the car in park I was out of the car and running towards the door. The great thing was the door opened as I took the front steps all at once and I saw it was Joe and I launched myself in his arms.
"Save me!" I shouted. "Take me to your fearless leader!" I let go of him and we went inside.
"Oh yeah. Our not so fearless leader is upstairs." I tapped his shoulder before walking up the staircase. I found Nick where I always find Nick. He didn't see me as I walked in. He was wearing glasses. Which is by far the most adorable thing in the world. I smiled starting towards him. Finally he noticed me and gave me a grin.
"I didn't see you there, Lex." I sat near him.
"I sneak into places you'd never imagine, Nicholas." He looked doown at the paper he was writing on and gave a bashful smile. "What are you writing? A song?" I reached for the spiral nootebook only for it to be moved away.
"It's not finished, so no." He set it on the other side on the of the couch.
"Nicholas, please." He looked at me as if he was saying are you serious. "Only if you want to."
"Well, I don't want to it's private. I like your sweater by the way. It's one of my favorites." He changed the subject. I raised an eye brow and he wrapped an arm around my shoulder. "By the way welcome back to Texas. I hadn't said hello yet."
"Better late than never, right?" I followed looking up at him. The only man apart from my father that has ever complimented me on my sweater. He packs an impressive resume. I bet he could find someone to go to prom with him. He is handsome, smart, complimentive, and is great with knowing what to say.
"Right. So, how was your week?" I sighed and put my face in my palms. He put his hand on my back and rubbed my back. "Let it out."
"I'm just not sure how I'm going to deal with being a sister. I've never been a sister." I started.
"Yes, you have. You've been a sister to Frankie. He loves you. You are a great sister."
"My parents just keep talking about it. It's like this changes every thing they don't care what happens to me. They didn't even calm down about it long enough to let me tell them about getting excepted into my dream school on scholarship for the cheerleading team." Nick picked my face up.
"Are you serious?" He put his hands on my arms and held me.
"Yes. I got the letter Wednesday. I was going to ask your mom if I could stay here during tryouts for the teams." He wrapped his arms around me and swung me around.
"I'm so proud of you, Lex!" He set me down and straightened his shirt. "I am proud of you, but normally wouldn't be so over the top about it. But you know how I am. I would do anything for you."
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter and the new layout are in celebration of my birthday. I hope you all enjoy it. Comments, please.
<3 Kelsey