I Want You On My Team

And The Word Is Out, Now!

I woke up where I didn't think I fell asleep. I remember falling asleep on the couch in the music room. I looked to my surroundings. I was in the guest house in an actual bedroom. How did I get to were I was supposed to be? I tosses the covers off my body and walked to my suitcase and changed into my Saturday outfit before dashing across the yard to the main house for breakfast. Everyone, with and exception of Joe, was at the table eating. He was probably in a close to comatose state in a bedroom upstairs. I sat in the chair which was not next to my parents, subsequently that chair was between Nick and Frankie.
"Good morning, Alexis. How'd you sleep?" Mom Jonas asked me.
"Is it just me or did I sleep walk last night?" To that everyone laughed and I looked around confused.
"No, No dear not at all. Nick, he looked so heroic, carried you to bed last night." My mother answered still giggling a little.
"He told me he kissed your forehead." Frankie added. Nick face palmed himself and then hid his face.
"Well, he has been holding out for you. No real girlfriends in a long time." His mother added.
"They would make the nicest couple." My dad chimed in wrapping his arm around my mother. "She hasn't had a boyfriend at all. On the plane last night she was daydreaming out loud about the perfect man for her."
"And she practically described Nick." Mother finished and at the same time Nick and I pulled out our chairs and took our leave from breakfast. Both of us with a face of embarrassment. I followed him upstairs to his music room. He was hunched over on the couch. I went over to him and sat down.
"I didn't want you to find out this way." He whispered as I moved my hand up and down his spine.
"Nick, I've known this for a long time. You aren't exactly subtle. You've written songs about me." I explained continuing to rub his back.
"You could tell?" I smiled to myself and leaned into his side.
"I felt so close, but you were far away. Modesty is just so hard to find. When we were little you told me you imagined heaven looked like my eyes and than that showed up in When You Look Me In The Eyes. Don't even pretend Pom Poms has nothing to do with me." He looked up at me and smiled. A smile grew on my face too. I couldn't help it his happiness was contagious. His face move a little closer to mine. Oh god, he was going to kiss me! "Which leads me to believe that you have cheerleading fantasies about me. That isn't healthy, Nick." He sighed and leaned back against the couch.
"I am never going to win with you, am I?"
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is addictive to write.
Comments. :)
<3 Kelsey