Tug of War

Harry

Harry pulled on the outfit Danielle had helped him to put together, smiling to himself. He would be at the party soon, and just the thought of who was waiting for him made him want to dance in glee.

"Harry, let's go!" Danielle called impatiently. He huffed at her.

"Beauty takes patience!" he called back, earning a laugh from her. He ran his fingers through his messy curls before walking out of his room into the living room, turning full circle. "How do I look?"

She smiled at him. "Like a princess." He scowled slightly and offered his arm to her.

"Ready to go, m'lady?" She laughed again and slipped her arm through his. Grinning in excitement, he led her to his car and got in quickly, starting it quickly and driving to the location of the party, some crappy bar he didn't care for but hey, at least it had alcohol for when things got boring, right?

He pulled Danielle into the bar, looking for the familiar face of the person he'd come for, but he didn't seem to be there yet. Harry pouted and walked over to the bar, claiming his seat already. He rubbed his chin and sighed.

"So... Where is this person you wanted me to meet?" He gave Danielle a sour look and glanced at the door.

"He'll be here." With a sigh, he ordered a drink. Nothing heavy, he wanted to be presentable when his surprise for Danielle got here. He drank it down easily and as he finished his drink, his surprise walked in. He smiled widely and gestured him over. The boy walked over, smiling at Harry, and they hugged for a minute before Harry turned to Danielle, smiling. "Danielle, this is Liam." She raised her eyebrow at him, but smiled.

"Hi, Liam. I'm Danielle." He nodded and shook her hand before ordering himself a drink. She turned her gaze on Harry and he shrugged slightly, smiling.

Liam took his drink and smiled at the two. "I'll be right back, better go tell Niall happy birthday." He walked away and they both watched him, smiling, before Danielle turned on Harry.

"Where did you meat him?" Harry turned to her, still smiling.

"I met him at his own birthday party, actually. It was a month ago." She scoffed.

"Why didn't you invite me then?" He rolled his eyes playfully.

"I was Niall's guest! I couldn't bring my own guest when I was the guest of someone else!" She rolled her eyes at him and he laughed slightly.

"Well, I better go tell Niall happy birthday." She kissed his cheek and jumped off her bar stool, walking off. He ordered another drink and waited.

And waited.

And waited.

A few hours and quite a few drinks later, a very upset Harry stumbled off his chair and looked around. He could see Danielle's curly brown hair through his haze, so he started toward her, only to find that she was talking to Liam. Both were smiling widely. Liam said something and Danielle laughed and Harry knew that laugh. He scowled and stumbled toward her, draping an arm around her shoulder.

"Danieeeeeelle!" he called, smiling at Liam. "I think it's time you took me home. She looked at him, saw the look in his eyes and sighed.

"Okay, Harry, go wait by the door, I'll be right there." He fought off a glare and pulled on her hand.

"Let's gooooo!" he whined. She sighed and flashed Liam a weak smile.

"I'll text you later?" He nodded and smiled back. Harry scowled again, lurching forward to hug Liam.

"Bye Liaaaam!" Liam hugged him close, sighing softly.

"Please stop drinking," he whispered, and Harry fell silent, before pulling away. "Bye Harry. See you, Danielle." Exasperated, Danielle waved to him before pulling Harry out of the bar.

Harry continued to stay silent, wondering why Liam had said that to him. There was no way he could know...

Danielle pulled up to Harry's apartment and helped to drag him upstairs and into his room, almost carrying him to his bed and helping to pull his shoes off and the vest she'd helped to pick out for him. She pulled the covers over him and kissed his forehead.

"Try not to have too bad of a hangover, alright?" He nodded slightly and she smiled weakly at him and left. He passed out not too long after, thinking about what Liam had said.
♠ ♠ ♠
oOOOooOOOOo00oooh what is this
Hi I'm Alex and I'm writing for Harry and sorry I took so long.