Status: ((hopefully)) regular updates

Secondhand

Chapter 22

Austin and I had stayed in bed together almost all day and it could not have been more perfect. We had talked and cuddled and kissed and jokingly argued, making me fall just that much more for him. So wrapped up in each other, we had been betraying our stomachs miserably and seeing as it was getting later, Austin insisted on taking me out to dinner before his show. We had each taken turns showering and getting dressed before going to a small, family owned Greek restaurant Austin had raved about. I understood why. Even though I had never had Greek food in my life, Austin helped me order and it was amazing. Now we were retracing old roots and heading to Uprising, the place I had first met Austin and coincidentally, the first time I had been attacked by whoever it is that's after me.

I tried to push that last thought from my mind as Austin led me through the empty bar to the small back stage area. When I say small, I mean small. There were three guys back there already and with the addition of Austin and I, it became ridiculously cramped. Austin talked briefly to his band mates, being informed that their girlfriend's were all there and currently in the restaurant area of the bar. Two of them were apparently engaged. I found out soon that their names were Aaron and Phil and the other ones name was Tino. They were all rather outgoing and seemed to be accepting of Austin's sexuality as well as me. I did get the “You hurt him, we'll hurt you,” speech from Tino once Austin was out of earshot, though. Overall, I really liked Austin's band mates and also discovered that their girlfriends were just as nice and accepting.

Austin, Phil, Aaron, and Tino had to get ready to play, so I was ushered out of the back stage area by the other guys girlfriends, Jen, Amanda, and Anouk. I had somewhat of a hard time understanding her and continuously pronounced her name wrong, no matter how many times she corrected me, but she said she was used to it and that I shouldn't get so flustered about it. I didn't think I was, but I felt slightly on edge to the events that had happened last time I was here. I thought of the Austin I met that night all those moths ago. He was cold, distant, and quite frankly, an asshole. But he had changed; he had changed dramatically. That Austin had been unpleasant and rough but this Austin was so kind, careful, and loving. I liked to think that this was the real Austin, that the person I met before was just an act, a facade put up to prevent himself from getting hurt. Regardless, this was the Austin I was in love with.

Previously lost in thought, I had just come to the realization that we were standing side stage with a bunch of strangers who acted as if they were far too cool to be there. They ignored us for the most part, but a few teenaged girls were staring at us in envy. I ignored them as the first note of Phil's guitar rumbled through the half-full bar. The first song started and I was immediately captured by their performance. They were far too good to be in this dingy bar and it was obvious. I had never really been a fan of this type of music, but that didn't change the fact that they were amazing.

As they finished out their last song, all I wanted was to get back home. Not because I was uncomfortable around all these judgmental looking people or annoyed by the volume, but because this completely new side of Austin, covered in sweat and leaving everything out on the stage was turning me on immensely. Austin thanked the people in the bar for listening to them play and they all left the stage. Austin came and pulled me into a hug, whispering something I couldn't hear into my ear. As he pulled back, a man in a suit approached our group.

“Excuse me? You're Austin Carlile, right?”

Austin turned towards the guy, an arm still around my waist.

“Yes, sir. Can I do something for you?”

“I work with a company called Rise Records and we're very interested in your band. If you need a deal, call me at this number and we'll work something out.”

The man handed him a card and walked away as Austin stared in shock at the piece of card stock between his fingers. He turned back to the rest of the band and held it up for them to see. Everyone's faces lit up and they hugged each other like family. Austin turned back to me and I embraced him again.

“Congratulations.”

“Pinch me, please. I need to make sure this is real. I mean, the best show we've ever played, getting offered a record deal, and you all in one day? It has to be a dream.”

I leaned up to kiss his lips as soon as he finished speaking.

“Feels pretty real, doesn't it? Too real to be a dream.”

He broke out in a smile and wrapped his arms around me, lifting me off of the ground and spinning me a little. I laughed and he set me back on the ground.

I smiled back at him and leaned up again to whisper in his ear.

“Let's get back home, hmm? I don't know if you knew this, but you're really, really fucking sexy when you scream.”

“Oh, I knew. Why did you think I brought you?”

He smirked and grabbed my hand, barely remembering to shout a goodbye to his friends before dragging me out of the bar and to the car faster than I thought was humanly possible.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow all that wait for a relatively short and lame chapter i am a terrible person and im sorry. in other news, my Warped date was last Friday and it was ridiculously hot (117 degrees hot) but anyways i convinced my mom to take me just for New Years Day and oh man. i was barricade for their set because there were maybe 50 people there for it. it was hilarious bc Ash told everyone to put their middle fingers up and yeah i really couldn't so she was like motioning at me so that i would laughs. i caught Nikki Misery's guitar pick and then waited like half an hour for their signing. there were about 10 people in line in front of me and so it didn't take long but when i got up to their merch table Ash goes "Oh my god! Look at you! Look how cute you are!" and i pretty much could have died right there. She and Nikki high fived me for still wearing black even though it was so hot and my mom and Russell had a full on conversation and everything. they signed my poster and i got a picture with them and when i left Ash yelled "Bye beautiful!" and oh man i just can't even deal with all of that happening.

anyways thanks for sticking with me through my little 11 day hiatus.

xo,
Presley