Status: ((hopefully)) regular updates

Secondhand

Chapter 6

Austin and I spent the next hour just watching TV in silence before he spoke again.

“So.”

“What?”

“You haven't said a word in the last hour.”

“Okay? And?”

“You don't find the silence a little, I don't know, awkward?”

“Not really. There are other things that have happened today that I would consider to be awkward, though.”

“Like what?”

“Oh, like you thinking that Shayley and I fucked, like you calling me out when I stuttered, or best of all, you moaning and bucking your hips into mine when I pulled on your hair. Those are things I would describe with the word awkward. I mean, seriously. I know I'm hot and I found your little kink, but really? We just met. Or do you do this with all of Shayley's guests?”

“Fuck off, Alan.”

“You're supposed to be nice, remember?”

“It'd be easier if you weren't being a huge asshole.”

“Well, I wouldn't have to be if you could admit some things to yourself.”

“And what do I need to admit?” he asked, his words dripping with sarcasm.

“Silly, naïve, little Austin. I think it's clear to both of us.”

“I think that you're wrong and that I'm on the verge of adding to your lovely collection of bruises.”

I moved closer to him so that I could whisper in his ear.

“We both know you wouldn't,” I purred. “because you wouldn't hurt someone you thought was so fucking sexy.”

He pushed me away from him, blushing. The force he had used was insane and I crashed to the floor. I had landed particularly hard on my back and arm. I cried out in pain and a few tears filled my eyes before falling down my battered cheeks. I didn't mean to cry. It just hurt so damn badly.

“Alan!”

Austin moved to the floor where I laid curled up and as far away from him as I could get.

“Alan, I'm so sorry.”

He came towards me slightly.

“Get away from me!” I screamed at him, still crying.

“I-I didn't mean to hurt you.”

I ignored him.

“Alan, please.”

“Shut up! Just shut up!”

“No,” he stated calmly.

“Fuck you,” I muttered, trying to slow my tears.

Carefully and slowly, I stood up. I grabbed my wallet and phone from the end table and walked to the door.

“Fuck you, Austin. When Shayley gets back, thank him for me because I'm leaving.”

“No, Alan. Wait. Please don't leave.”

“I think I have every reason to want to leave. Bye,” I said, opening the door and stepping out before slamming it shut again.

I didn't walk immediately. I stopped to see if he would follow me out. Footsteps came towards the door from the inside and I could hear him sit down against it.

“I'm so sorry,” he said, unaware I was still outside the door. With tears in my eyes, I walked away from the apartment and headed off towards home.

*Three Months Later*

It had been months since I had seen either Austin or Shayley. Not a day went by in that large amount of time that I didn't think of Austin. After I left their apartment, I went directly to Juliette's town house. I told her all that had happened and cried for what felt like days. Never in my life had I been so quickly attached to someone and it hurt so bad.

Now, I was going off to work. I had finally gotten another job. It wasn't exactly ideal, just a job at some tiny coffee house, but it was something. I needed to get my mind off of Austin and nothing else had done it. I figured a job was maybe the answer.

I've worked here for about a month and a half now. I greet the other girl who works until my shift starts as I walk in and put my stuff in the back room as she leaves. The good thing was, in the time I have worked here, not once have Austin or Shayley came in. I actually wasn't sure if I was thankful that they hadn't or praying that they would.

The bell on the door rang, signaling a customer. I turned to face them with a smile. In front of me stood a girl with long, firey, red hair, a light complexion, and startling green eyes. She looked a little like she fit the goth stereotype, but she was pretty in her own way nonetheless.

“What can I get for you?”

“Just a cup of coffee. Black.”

“Coming right up. Can I get your name?” I asked as I handed the barista, Mary, her tab.

“Lindsay,” she replied, glancing at my name tag. “Wait. Your last name wouldn't happen to be Ashby, would it?”

Puzzled, I answered. “Uh, yeah it is. Why? Do I know you?”

“No, but I know you. Does the name Austin Carlile ring any bells?”

My eyes widened.

“Apparently it does. I'm a friend of his. That's how I know about you. He hasn't shut up about you since you ended up in his and Shay's apartment. He's still really torn up about everything happening the way it did.”

“R-really?”

She nodded as Mary called her name and handed her the coffee. She thanked my co-worker before disappearing out the door, her black clothing rustling around her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I"m really sorry I'm so lazy about updating w o w.

Anyways, I met Alan and Phil on Tuesday. I really don't think I've ever been more nervous in my life. I talked to Phil first about having seen them in January and we took pictures and he's just really really nice. My grandma took me because no one else would and she was trying to take pictures with her dinosaur film camera, which is incredibly slow. She apologized to him for it being so slow and I said "Yeah. It's because it's a hundred years old" and he started laughing but seriously he's such a sweetheart. Then I talked to Alan and he told me he liked my hair and we took selfies and they're fabulous. They had papers that they signed and I walked outside with mine and it blew away because there were like 40 mph winds. Hell if i know where the thing went. So, my grandma goes back in there and we walked up to the front where Alan was sitting and she asked if they'd sign one more. He did and then gave it to Phil before he gave it to me and he was so funny. He was like, "Okay, be careful this time. Don't lose it. Both hands!" I was so embarrassed omfg but really they are some of the nicest guys and if any of you get the chance to meet them, don't be nervous because there's actually no reason. They're just really chill and nice and fabulous human beings.

((Okay I'm done now.))
(((I'm really sorry if it sounds like I'm bragging omfg. I'm just happy bc they saved my life and emotions yeah okay)))

My Tumblr is here.

no one ever comments does anyone even read this idk

Enjoy.

xo,
Presley