Those Days Are Over, Brynjolf

Where can I find a dark elf

Brynjolf’s stomach was starting to hurt more as the horse and cart drew closer to Whiterun. His pain began when he first saw Dragonsreach towering over the plains of Skyrim a few miles back.

What if Dea-Dra wasn’t here, what if he moved on? He could easily have moved to Raven Rock or the Grey Quarter, hell he could have even ran back to Morrowind. Brynjolf hated the thought him no longer being in Skyrim, Dea-dra had only been with the guild for little over a year now but everyone had taken such a liking to him, he was sure it was because the elf has uncanny luck when it comes to picking locks, or if it was his elfish charm that swade people.

‘‘While you're here you should go to the Bannered mare it's got warm beds and cold mead that’ll do you good after a long journey. But if you have the time you should visit Dragonsreach its home to the Jarl, he offers plenty of work for folks like you.’’ The carriage driver says as he steadies his horse to a stop.

‘’Thank you, I’ll be sure to give them a visit’’ Brynjolf says, he knew damn well he won't be visiting those, he came here for one reason only. He needed to put an end to these rumors.

Walking through the cities gates he made sure to remember to send someone over here to scout out the place and see what they can take, he’s sure there's plenty of valuables in these houses that could easily turn a profit.

‘‘Excuse me, lass, do you happen to know where I can find a dark elf?’’ Brynjolf tried to speak calmly, worried that people might get suspicious if he sounded too rash. The blacksmith turned from her forge, crossing her arms over her chest. ‘‘Sure, there’s Irileth in Dragonsreach, she’s the Jarl’s housecarl and then there’s Athis in Jorrvaskr along with another Dunmer, although I never caught his name, he lives in Breezehome, the house in next to my shop.’’

Brynjolf had a feeling that the unnamed Dunmer was the one he was looking for, but with other Dunmer living in Whiterun he couldn’t be completely sure. “Can you tell me more about the last one you mentioned?’’

‘’Aren’t you a curious one I hope you don’t plan on causing any trouble,’’ she pauses as if she’s trying to work out if she can trust him or not, ‘’there’s not much to tell really, he practises alchemy, enchanting, restoration and conjuring he tends to the Companions wounds, weapons, and armour, he comes home every now and then but doesn’t stay long, I haven’t seen him in a while now that I think of it.’’ The blacksmith looks saddened almost as if she’d lost a close friend, “sorry I couldn’t be much help.’’

None of that sounded like the Dea-dra he knows, Dea-dra was excellent at sneaking and stealing, never once was he caught near the alchemy lab in the cistern or was any of his things enchanted as for restoration and conjuring, it would be pretty obvious if he was trying to practice. But Brynjolf had to go investigate, it was the only way to know for sure if Dea-dra really was seen here or if Mercer was telling the truth and his body is lying dead in some Nordic burial crypt.

He heard the clashing and banging of swords and shields as he got closer to Jorrvaskr, part him wanted to flee - a fighters guild is no place for him, he may look battle ready but he is in no way able to defend himself against the people he was about to meet.

''Give it yer bes' !'' He heard one of the fighters shout before raising his shield to block his opponent's sword, the two looked awfully similar twins perhaps he thought. He watched them silently from the side as the two clashed together, he scanned across the huddle of people watching but couldn't see Dea-dra, he did, however, see the other Dark elf, Athis was it? He also noticed stairs leading to what must be a large forge, he assumed by the smoke and clanking of hammers. Being a thief, however, has it perks, he was able to watch the two fight, without being noticed, until one fell to the floor panting, ''I yield I yield...'' he said between breaths ''You win this time brother, but I won't go easy on you this time." He said after he was able to stand.

''Excuse me,'' Brynjolf interrupted the two, his voice most likely gave away how nervous he was but he needed their attention before they started fighting again, he began walking towards them ''I'm looking for my friend he might be --'' before he could finish his sentence, he had a dagger presented mere inches away from his face.
''Who are you? What are you doing here? I've never seen your face before.''

''Aela, put that down, he's here for out help'' An older man came forward and pushed the Aela's arm down the so dagger was nowhere near Brynjolf's face. ''Sorry about her, we've been having some trouble recently we can't tell friend from foe these last few days.'' The man paused, looking as if he was sizing up Brynjolf he was hoping wearing basic clothing and not having a weapon on show makes him seem more trustworthy. "What was this about a friend of yours?''