Those Days Are Over, Brynjolf

one step closer.

Jorrvaskr was different from what he thought, he knew Whiterun was home to some of the oldest clans with a rich history but he never thought a fighters guild would operate within a mead hall, he assumed they'd reside in the Jarl's place or within an old fort where they could have more privacy.

The living quarters under Jorrvaskr felt different, he couldn't hear the loudness from the mead hall nor did he feel like he'd be killed by those who call this place home. It felt homely, if he could have his way this is where he'd put his guild, Maven could keep the mead flowing above and his thieves could work underneath, no one notice.

He was lead down the long hallway into a room he assumed is the leaders chambers, it had a large bookcase against the back wall, maps of Skyrim and a writing desk, he wondered if Dea-dra had ever tried to unlock some of these display cases, his thoughts turned sour when he imagined Dea-dra being stabbed in the back by one of the Companions if they caught him. Dea-dra was swift and nibble but getting caught was still a possibility.

''Before we begin I want to apologize about Aela, she didn't mean to startle you, I would never of let her harm you without reason. I also want to introduce myself I am Kodlak Whitemane, Harbinger of the Companions'' Kodlak spoke with confidence, he was wise with plenty years of experience and stories to back it up, as much as Brynjolf would like to hear them, he has more pressing matters. ''Now, what was this about a friend?'' Kodlak gestured to the table in the corner of the small room to which they both sat at.

''I thought he had died, he was with an associate of mine when they got stuck inside a burial crypt, he sacrificed himself in order for my associate to escape. It was too dangerous for us to go back inside to recover his body.'' Brynjolf tried to stay calm and not let his emotions get the best of him, ''recently I heard rumors that he could be alive, I came to find out if they were true. When I spoke to the blacksmith by the city gates she told me about a Dunmer that could be him, I didn't mean to intrude here, I just want to be sure.'' Brynjolf looked at Kodlak, he wasn't sure what Harbinger means or how things work around here but he knew who to trust and he's prepared to trust this man. ''Can you help?''
♠ ♠ ♠
A little shorter this time around but, hopefully, the next chapter should be up soon.