Status: Hey guys, a work in progress.

Dominick

Dress To Impress

I wake up to the sound of knocking, and baby crying and my dog barking. I grab Natasha out of her crib, and hush her. It was the 17 of October, the day before Mike’s show. Probably Jesse. I wake up my wife, and hand her Natasha.
“Jamie, I have to go answer the door, alright? It is a old friend.” She nods, and I smile at her. So nice… I run to the closet, and put my old band tee on, and throw on a pair of skinny jeans. No, I have not changed my style one bit. My hair is still short and black. I run to the front door, and open it. Holy shit. Jesse had her… girlfriend at her side.
“Wow. Little Dominick!” She hugs me tightly, her hand still linked with her girlfriends. The sun was shining brightly, lighting everything up. I felt happy all of a sudden, my best friend was here. I laugh as she releases me,
“Hey Jess, who is this?” She smirks and says quietly…
“My girlfriend Melissa!” Still bubbly as always, she pulls her girlfriend forward, whom was hiding behind her. She was tall, blond and had the most striking blue eyes. She smiled and held her hand out. She was so girly. It was adorable that Jesse ended up with a girl.
“Hi, I am Dominick, and your girlfriend here is a year older than me, so no, I am not little Dominick.” She laughs and nods, shaking my hand.
“Nice to meet you old Dominick.” I grinned widely at her humor, and gestured them in. They both sat down on my putrid green couch, and I went to the kitchen to fix them coffee. I pulled out the milk and stopped,
“You still Vegan Jess?” I yell to the living room, and I hear a laugh,
“Yupp! So is Melissa, just put sugar in Hun!” I nod, knowing no one would see it and just put sugar into their drinks. I stirred it all up and brought them into the living room. I handed one to each of the girls and sat down across from them.
“So. You get the letter from Mike?” I nod and get up, to go get it.
“Bring your wife and daughter! Don’t be rude!” She yells, and I grin and laugh.
“Hey Jamie, you want to come out and see my old friend and her girlfriend?” I ask my wife, whom was sitting feeding our baby girl. She nods getting up. I grab Natasha from her, and bring her out to Jesse and Melissa. Jesse was immediately to me and grabbing Natasha. She sat down with her girlfriend, and immediately, Melissa had her coffee on the table, and was cooing over Natasha as well. I smiled and looked to the ground. I wish I was truly in love with Mike again…
“Hey… space cadet! What’s her name?” Jesse asks me, her old nickname for me back again. I smirk and say quietly,
“Natasha, Natasha Grey.” She looks at me for only a second and back to my daughter. I pull out the letter, and start to read aloud the letter. I skipped the P.S, because I felt guilty. I never did go see Mrs. Pillar.
“Ohhhh Mike. He sent me a letter as well, but Vick wrote it, because Mike’s writing always bothers me. I heard you didn’t accept his friend request? Why?” She was always prying, and I just rolled my eyes.
“Not now Jesse.” She nods in understandment. I smirk, as she has always understood me and the guys. I don’t know how or why she always did, I mean, in all reality as much of a lesbian she is, she sure as hell could be a girl.
“So, tomorrow is the concert?” Jamie says, finally speaking after what felt like forever. But what she said was something I didn’t want to hear. I was actually feeling happy, the most I have been since I got the letter from Mike. I watched as my wife took my hand, smiling at me.
“Yes. And I am indeed a little nervous. I mean, I haven’t seen this guy… since forever, neither have I seen Vick. And well, I haven’t seen you in forever either. Sadly.” I say giving her a grim look. She smiled and handed Natasha over to her girlfriend, and stands up. She comes and envelopes me in a hug, her muscles kind of squishing me.
“Melissa and I will be there ok? I am sure Mikey hasn’t changed a bit, neither Vick. We will get hammered, have fun, and go to the old stomping grounds and meet them. We all missed each other no doubt about it. So, we are going to go outfit shopping. Jamie, would you want to chill here with Melissa? I and your hubby have quite a bit of catching up to do.” She scared me when she did this, the whole get me alone so she can lecture me thing. My wife, gullibly, nodded and took Natasha from Melissa when my child started crying.
“Alright, we will see you both soon.” Jesse says, taking me by the arm, not even caring that I never agreed to this. I groan and let her pull me along to her car, which was not surprisingly a Camaro. I get in the passenger, and brush a hand through my hair.
“You know what pisses me off the most about you and Mike?” She all of a sudden says starting her car up. I look over at her, my mouth gaping and nearly getting whiplash.
“W-What could that possibly be Jess?” She looked over at me, and I swore, if looks could kill I would be bleeding from my eyes. She just smirks and says with her monotone voice,
“You two pretend like you were never in love. You are ashamed of who you are. You both need each other, but instead you keep on drudging on with your lives, being anything but happy. You know, he is back into drugs? So maybe, tomorrow you should tell each other…” I just stare at her, and she keeps her eyes on the road. I groan, and she just laughs.
“I will if you don’t.”
“You wouldn’t.”
“Wanna bet?”
I sigh and sit back in my seat, relaxing a bit since the moment we got in the vehicle. She turns into the parking lot of some punk store, and I looked down at myself. I don’t think I need anything… I all of a sudden felt very unworthy.
“I know I know. You hate shopping oh so much. Fuck it though; you want to look good for Mike, don’t you?”
♠ ♠ ♠
kk. Thank you for the rec :)

Please comment :)