Feel This Moment

Broken Things Shine Brightly

“Nate stop!” Ellie shrieked, his hand coming down to rest hard against her throat, her hips pinned by his. He was going to rape her again. Ellie choked against her tears as his free hand fisted her hair, tilting her head back uncomfortably as he pushed into her, making her sob again. He was big, and every time this happened, he seemed to tear her apart. But that wasn’t the worst. “You’re beautiful, Ellie,” he rasped as he began moving inside of her, thrusting his hips as hard yet as slowly as he could, gripping her hair and throat in tight grips. “So beautiful, bending to my will… bending to me. God I fucking love you,” he kissed her neck as he continued to rape her, licking the tears from her face. She hit his chest and pushed and struggled, choking as his tempo picked up, and she was forced to endure this pattern of "love" from the man she thought she loved...

Ellie woke with a slight scream, cold sweat pooling between her breasts and running down her neck as she woke from her nightly nightmare. Tears welled in her eyes as she got up from her bed, staring at the sheets as if they themselves had touched her; her skin crawled as she thought of her nightmare, a sudden chill causing her to grip her arms tightly. It was getting worse. She pulled on her house robe and wandered to the en suite bathroom, splashing cold water on her face, foolishly thinking that water could cleanse her body of the disgusting things Nate did to her. Another night with no sleep. What time was it anyways? The lobby would be open with coffee for the guards… the young girl shook her head, swallowed back her fear, and shut the light off in the bathroom.

She returned to her bed and shrugged her house robe off, climbing into bed with trembling legs. Over and over Ellie quietly repeated to herself the same thing her therapist told her: “Your bed is safe. You are safe. Nate can no longer harm you.” After repeating that a few times against her paranoid wishes, Ellie slowly fell into a dark and dreamless sleep.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

An interview! Matt had an interview tomorrow evening! Matt thanked the man as he hung up, and laughed as he fell back against his beat up old couch, rubbing his tired eyes. After an odd sleepless night, he had been called back by two people; one of them from Hot Topic, and the other from the Starbucks. He had an interview at a Starbucks just down the street from the building, and he was pretty sure he’d land the job; they sounded desperate, especially since the manager or whoever he was said they needed their 'crew filled as soon as possible'. No need to commute, no need to bus it… he could walk. He could get back in shape and not worry about Cassidy or – Matt’s heart clenched. Cassidy had only been gone a few months, and yet it felt like just yesterday he received the news she was dead. “Oh Cass,” he whispered, leaning his head back against the couch.

Cassidy and Matt were the closest two siblings three years apart could be. It didn’t help that their father was abusive; Matt took most of the punishments dealt to save Cass, and she in turn did as she was told all of the time, but both were mentally and physically scarred for the rest of their lives, both developing major trust issues. Their mother was a lump on a log and allowed her husband to control everything she did, which Matt detested about her. By the time Matt was sixteen – Cassidy was only thirteen – he had moved out and lived with his best friend, Brian. He applied for temporary guardianship of Cassidy, and after showing the correct proof – yes, their father continued to beat Cass and Matt – he was granted such. But, he was under strict guidelines; if anything happened to Cassidy while in his care, she would be put back with their parents.

Matt and Cass lived with Brian and his family until Matt was eighteen, when he could apply for full guardianship of his sister as long as he had his own place of residence, which by then he thankfully had. Both he and Cass worked at the local mall, somewhere he could keep her safe from their father. His mother had been in and out of the hospital due to constant ‘falls down the stairs’ (we all know that’s not true), thus leaving their abusive father the only other person possible to take Cassidy. Thankfully, the courts saw that Matt had taken care of her well enough for the last two years that he could take full custody until she turned eighteen. The only problem was that their father was beginning to stalk them, and it frightened the already scared Cassidy.

The tattooed male sighed, got up from his couch and headed for his coffee maker, feeling down now that he had spent some time alone with his thoughts of his younger, dead sister. That still caused a rise of vomit in his throat; knowing she was dead and buried in Huntington Beach, California. Running a hand over his face, he bit his lip as he pressed a button on the coffee maker, and waited for it to brew. He needed the job as bad as it was if he wanted to stay here; he wouldn't show his father that he had failed again. Matt jumped slightly when his coffee machine beeped, and he put out a mug under it as it began to trickle the liquid gold. Once he had his mug filled, he went to the fridge and grabbed the milk, sighing again.

He missed her so much. But, she would want him to be happy. That Ellie girl reminded him of Cass so much, too. Was she hurt, too? Matt poured some milk into his coffee and stirred it, moving back to the couch with it in his large hands, as he took a hesitant sip. He didn’t think much of the blonde-and-red haired girl; she was frightened of something. That was how Cass acted when they had to walk back to Brian’s after a shift. He took another drink, wincing at the sting from the heat.

Maybe he’d catch up to her one day again, soon too.
♠ ♠ ♠
eeeh. this is more filler than actual storyline.
sorry.
i had to explain matt's past, and his connection with his sister.