Feel This Moment

Don't Hide Your Face

“Yes, I can start immediately; if there’s a trainer here for the rest of the night I can start in fifteen minutes.” Matt told the older gentleman, who looked … almost frightened of Matt. He had to give it to the man; he wasn’t being judgmental about his covered-in-tattoos torso or arms, but he was worried. Matt could see it. “We’re going to call you back on Friday, Mr Sanders. You’ve got the job.” Grinning, both he and the manager stood and shook hands. “Thank you. See you soon.” Nodding, Matt was ushered out and into the busy Starbucks. He had the job! ‘Looks like I’ll be a barista, Cass.’ Matt thought to himself as he dug his cellphone out of his pocket and began to walk out of the store.

Then it happened again.

He collided with someone who squeaked, and he stumbled back, shoving his phone back into his pocket as he looked at the girl; her shirt ruined by the blonde roast coffee. “Sorry!” Matt apologized, before realizing he had knocked into that Ellie girl. She shook her head, looking panicked and afraid. “N-no, it’s my fault, I’m so –” She looked up and dropped her empty cup when she saw him looking back down at her. “Ellie?” He asked softly, reaching out to help her up. She scuttled back from the man, breathing hard as she struggled to stand. “Ellie, are you okay?” Another man came over, an older gentleman. Matt stepped back, giving the girl a small smile. “Sorry, I walked into her, I should have watched where I was going.”

Ellie looked up at Matt; he dwarfed her at 6’3”. She was only 5’2”. Collin barely reached Matt as well, but what he didn’t have in height, he had in posture and manners. “It’s alright, it’s entirely my fault.” Matt didn’t notice the store had muted when he crashed into her, and now that everyone was talking again he realized what exactly he had done. The little blonde-and-red haired girl shook her head and stepped away from the two, going back to the counter. Matt foolishly followed after her, reaching out to touch her shoulder. Ellie jerked away from his touch with a soft gasp, as if he hurt her.

“Let me buy you a new coffee, please.” Matt asked, after a second of silence between them. She shook her head. “No, I’m f-fine, Matt, please just … just let me go…” Ellie whimpered softly, swallowing thickly. Matt – beginning to realize what was happening – nodded and stepped back, letting her run out the back door of the place. The older guy walked up to him and gave him an apologetic smile. “Sorry, she’s not used to crowds. It’s hard getting her out of her apartment.” Matt nodded; he was beginning to see the signs. “It’s fine. I feel like a jerk running into her for a second time though. Is there anything I can do?” Collin gently ushered Matt out of the coffee line and gave him an award winning smile.

“This is what you can do.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ellie was back at home when someone knocked on her door. She was alone – like she always is – and nervously glanced from side to side, her mind screaming ‘It’s Nate.’ She refused to listen; she had picked up and moved away from Kingston, Ontario to escape him, and he wasn’t going to find her here. So, with that little piece of courage holding her up, Ellie went to her door. Opening it, she gasped whens he saw who was standing there; her knees weak.

“Matt?!”
♠ ♠ ♠
short chapter ;3;
going away for the weekend.
might edit this on sunday xox
love youu