Status: Modern Naruto

Konahagakure High School

Anger Management

I glared at the clock as time crept by. My hands kept themselves occupied with ensuring that my skirt was kept over my lap sufficiently enough to keep everything covered, but even that wasn't enough to occupy enough of my attention that utter boredom and irritation wouldn't creep up.

Why, of all days, was class taking so damn long!? No, Kakashi-sensei's class wasn't completely unbearable, but I just didn't want to be there.

Today was the anniversary of my parents death. I didn't want to be in school, but I had to be. If I had my way, I would have skipped and lounged around my house all day or sat by my parents grave. Unfortunately, they threatened me with truancy because I had missed so many days. No matter what I told them, nothing mattered. No excuses were taken. Tsunade was a slave driver. It wasn't as though I had failing grades. I rarely had anything below a damn high B, and they never slipped. Not even on days like this.

I frowned down at my class schedule that lay on my book. It was given to me almost a month ago, so I already had it memorized.

All Kakashi-sensei was doing was introducing the Great Ninja Wars—which any person with half a brain already learned very young in their childhood education. He was already saying things that we knew. Nothing I hadn't already heard or read.

My mind wondered back to my fingers tugging on the hem of my skirt, willing it to be longer. I hated it. It was a mini skirt and all of the girls wore one. Whose sick idea was it!? If I had to hazard a guess, I would say Master Jiraiya, our Vice Principal, but who knew. All I knew was that the stupid skirt got on every last one of my nerves.

I don't like showing much skin. It makes me feel half naked and over exposed. Nori, the old woman who lives in the small house beside mine, always told me how pretty I was and how it was such a shame that I covered everything so often. I would retort with a very sugar coated, "shut it," and move on with my life. I stopped caring about others' advice or counsel a long time ago.

My fingers tapped against the top of the table. My irritation probably flowed off of me in waves, but I didn't care. I just wanted to murder someone. Maybe that would get me out of class. Away from this boring ass lecture and into the real world.

I knew one douche bag in particular that I wouldn't mind destroying. I could see his raven hair that flared out several seats in front of me, his posture stiff with arrogance. I never understood what any of the females in this school saw in that narcissistic pretty boy. The only thing he had going for him were his good looks and raw talent at jutsu, and even that was only skin deep. He's the poor tragic boy who lost his entire family to a crazed murderer—as if that sob story really affected me. It wasn't as if I had anyone either.

No friends—well there was Lauren, but I don't know if she was quite my friend per say. She sat in front of me. She was sort of pretty when she didn't dress like a slut or weigh herself down in spiked jewelry. Her short, jet black hair was pulled back in a tiny ponytail and she wore her trademark black and red striped, thigh-high socks, studded choker and clashing plaid legwarmers with her uniform. She had one of those bodies that most girls wanted—tall, slender and willowy.

She was sort of dramatic and dark sometimes—often with great reason. Granted, she did practically wear a sign that said, "I'm easy," or "Make fun of me,"—she was pushed around by most of the people in this school. Even I wasn't the most popular here, the outcast that I am, but she was snubbed and shoved away by everyone but me and Naruto. Though, the times that I really shared my sympathy with her were when she would come to school sporting bruises. I'd heard that Child Services had been called on her parents several times because of their abuse, but they never did anything—fortunately, she didn't have any today. And just like any abused kid would, she ran away several times over the years, but she always returned.

Other than Lauren, I didn't really have any other friends. I was acquainted with Naruto, who was quite an outcast himself—an orphan like me and a bit of a troublemaker. He and I got along fine. He could be very annoying or reckless or dimwitted, but he was one of those people that you grow a soft spot for once you get to know them. Heart of gold and all. He also had one of those contagious goofy grins. If I didn't watch myself, he would actually start cracking my poker face.

If you would count him as a friend, I guess I have him too.

Well, I take that back. There was Riyame too... I was rather well acquainted with her too. She and I weren't around each other much because she was a Sophomore, but she was a rather sweet girl as well. Unfortunately, she was one of those that was an easy target for abuse, and I'm sure that only added onto her self-derogatory views. She was very nice and all, but there were times where she was sort of depressing. It didn't make me want to ditch her or anything, it just invoked a bit of pity, and that was the last thing she needed. She—just like Sasuke—lost her family too. Riyame was just a decent human being, unlike her brother. She—outside of Lauren and maybe Naruto—was the only other thing closest to a friend.

I didn't care for large groups of friends. All the big groups would do is back stab, lie and gossip like little chattering birds. Friends in general weren't my thing, but I guess everyone had to have a friend at some point in their lives.

I glanced at the clock again. Ten slow, agonizingly long minutes had passed. It felt like longer. We had another fifteen minutes before the bell rang.

Ino Yamanaka raised her hand. Great, a ditsy question.

"Yes, Ino?" Kakashi stopped mid-sentence.

"Why didn't they just kiss and make up? I mean honestly, the Great Ninja Wars were stupid and pointless. Why didn't both sides just give up?"

"It wouldn't be a war if both sides just gave up, Ino pig." Sakura—one of the smart girls in class—sneered. I rolled my eyes. These two were constantly at each other's throats, and it was all over Sasuke Uchiha. Once again, something that was his fault. Stupid pretty boy...

"Well duh, I knew that billboard brow," Ino snapped back, flipping her blonde hair over her shoulder, "I was just saying that it was a stupid war."

Sensei sighed and answered her question before speaking to them both. "Now, if the two of you are going to continue to argue, you can go to Lady Tsunade's office and she can resolve it." He scolded.

"Yes, Kakashi-sensei." They grumbled, glaring daggers at each other.

Like that would stop them for long. Those two... Where to start... Ino was an over jealous, narcissistic snob who though the world revolved around her. Her ego was inflated larger than the Hokage stone monument, and if anyone popped that bubble, they were instantly her enemy. She—other than maybe Sakura or Karin—was probably one of the BIGGEST Uchiha fangirls I had ever met, and god was it annoying. She would obsess over him and constantly tried to hit on him, only to be shut down coldly. That was the only time I ever respected that jerk. She was also considered one of the prettiest girls in school—which, honestly, I never understood.

Sure, she was pretty. Sure, she had a rocking body. But, her fake personality and ugly inside made her horrifically repugnant in my book.

Sakura was...well...tolerable. Sure, she had a bit of an ego, but at least she humbled herself on occasion. She was one of the smartest girls in our grade, and probably held the third slot over all the females. She tended to be a know-it-all, so she did get on my nerves with that. But, She had her moments where I even sort of liked her. She was just way too obsessed over Sasuke for her own good. Her obsession, I could ignore, but it was hella annoying. Even Sakura was pretty though. Considered sort of average, but plenty pretty enough in my eyes.... Thin, gorgeous viridian colored eyes, and a decent personality to match.

I head Lauren let out an irritated sigh in front of me, "Stupid bitches..." She grumbled. I rolled my eyes. At least I didn't say it out loud...

"What'd you say slut?" Maruka barked. Oh god, don't even get me started on that douche bag.

He wasn't your stereotypical gay guy. His grades were borderline failing. He's a total ass hole, nothing redeemable about him what-so-ever. He was crude, dirty-minded, and a slutty cross dresser outside of school—only because the school refused to allow him to wear a female's uniform—which he also pitched a fit over. There were many girls who though he was good looking, which I didn't see. His personality made him ugly. His lanky body and pretty boy face were only skin deep.

Lauren glared at him, "Shut up fag." She barked. I cringed; I hate words like that. Yes, I will cuss someone out faster than they can blink, but I have limits. Faggot, the c-word, n-word or anything like that is where I draw the line.

"What'd you call me, dickless cun-"

"Would you shut up and turn around! Stupid dumb ass..." I barked.

His icy blue glare turned on me, but Kakashi spoke up, telling me he heard what I just said, "Is there a problem, Hana?" By this point, almost everyone had turned to look to look at me now. A smug look was planted on Maruka's face. He knew I was in trouble. Well, son of a bitch...

"Nothing." I snapped. I wasn't going to blurt out my problems in front of the entire class; they weren't any of their business.

"See me out in the hall please." He said with a sigh.

I groaned and pushed out of my desk, angrily stalking out the door. I closed the door behind me a little harder than I meant to, but it added some dramatic effect. I glared down the white and red themed hallway.

He was close behind me, closing the door very softly—which paled in comparison to my exit, "What's wrong?" I shook my head and glared down the hallway, "Hana, I rarely have problems out of you, and those rare times are due to some sort of confrontation in the classroom."

"Oh no," I muttered sarcastically, "I'm fine. There's never anything wrong with me." I grumbled spitefully. Granted, Kakashi-sensei was always very good to me, everyone rarely believed me. I was some problem child to most of them. Kind of like Naruto, which gave me an all new sympathy to share with the boy.

"Hana, I don't want to do this, but do we have to go resolve this with Lady Tsunade?" He said in a calm voice.

"No." I said.

"Tell me what happened."

"Maruka was just being Maruka." I grumbled.

"How so?" He said patiently.

"He's being a douche bag, like always!" I snapped, letting it all flow while I could, "but no...no one could ever believe that the poor, pretty boy Maruka could ever be doing anything wr-"

"Hana." Kakashi sighed, "I know what day it is, and I know that Maruka can easily get under your skin, but you need to keep your temper." I opened my mouth to retort.

"How d'you–"

"All of us know." He stated, "Just try to keep your temper from now on."

"I will, as long as he keeps his mouth shut and stops calling girls cunts–"

"Hana." He warned.

"I hate the word too, sensei, but I'm not the one who uses it." I argued.

He sighed and ran his hand through his silver hair, "Point understood. Just...try. That's all I ask."

"Yeah," I grumbled.

"I'll talk to Maruka after class," He muttered turning toward the door, "and I'll give him detention next time, just tell me so that I can handle it." I nodded as he opened the door and ushered me in.

I sauntered to my seat and plopped down. Lauren's pale azure eyes were on me after Kakashi passed her in the isle, "What happened?"

"Nothing." I muttered.

"What!? If I had done something like that, I would've gotten in trouble." Maruka bitched, "What the fuck. So what, a loser outcast and a slutty goth are more important than m-"

"Maruka, I swear to god," I barked in a low voice, "If you don't shut up, I will shove my fist so far down your throat that you'll be shitting fingernails for a week." My threat was deadly and nearly silent.

Maruka glared at me, his pretty boy features marred by a sneer, "You're just jealous that I can get laid, slut." I gripped the corners of my desk. I had to keep my temper like sensei said. I couldn't get in trouble. Not on this day. Not over him, so I grit my teeth and sucked in a deep breath.

Lauren opened her mouth, livid and ready to attack him verbally, but I stopped her. "Don't bother. He's not worth it." I nearly whispered. She listened, and turned away from him, tuning back into Kakashi's continued lecture.

"What," This boy had a death wish, "all talk because mommy and daddy wouldn't want you to get your ass kicked on the day they–" I moved before I could stop myself. My pulse rang through my ears, my heart thundered in my chest, and my fist collided with his face before I could stop it.

Somewhere across the room I heard someone yell vaguely, "Cat fight!"

I barely heard them because I had Maruka pinned beneath me, punching and clawing every exposed part of his arms, face and chest. I didn't give him the chance to fight back; my adrenaline was pumping too hard for that. My blood boiled, my vision stained with red and my pulse pounded. I was past the point of no return.

A few of the students around us cheered as Maruka let out helpless yelps of pain. None of the other students dared try to stop me. They knew they would only get the same fate as the ass hole who I was beating to a bloody pulp.

A pair of arms snaked around my waist and yanked me off of him. I kicked at him a few times and even spat at him before I was forced away from him.

"That's enough!" Kakashi-sensei's voice rang with authority as he kept me away from the slightly bleeding and definitely bruised boy on the floor. "Maruka, get up. I'm taking the two of you to Lady Tsunade, so she can handle this situation. Hana, get out in the hall. I'll be out with Maruka in a minute."

I glared at Maruka, still seeing red before storming out of the class room and slamming the door behind me. My fists clenched tightly as I paced the hall angrily, waiting for Kakashi-sensei to escort me to the principal's office.

It wasn't long before he was towing a bloody and beaten Maruka from the class room. His arms and face were scratched and bruised. His right eye was blackened and blood was pouring from his nose. His lip was busted, detracting from his pretty boy features.

He escorted us through the halls, walking us by a few teachers—all of which stopped and gave Maruka a bewildered look. Probably wondering what happened, which made me feel a little smug internally. I did that. The smug feelings that ran through me alleviated some of the radiating anger and frustration, allowing me to better realize that we were being taken to Lady Tsunade. Of all people, it had to be her. Some tiny, tingling fear settled into the bottom of my stomach. That woman was so intimidating, she even scared me a little. I could still stand up to her, but I held deep respect for that woman as if she were my own mother.

As we approached her office, I could see—through the wide-open door—that she was sitting at her desk. She looked as though she weren't in a bad mood, so that may help my chances.

Kakashi knocked on the open door, "Come in." She said looking up. She did a sort of double take at Maruka, absorbing in his beaten state.

She sighed, holding out a box of tissues, "Don't get blood on my floor." She muttered. "What is it this time?" She sighed after Maruka took them.

"A fight." Kakashi stated.

She rubbed her temples, "Sit down. She motioned to the two seats in front of her desk. I plopped down in mine, but Maruka refused.

"I'm not sitting next to her! She's a violent psychopath! She attacked me for no reason–" My blood began to boil again.

"Bull shit!" I barked, "I didn't 'attack' you for no reason, idiot-"

"Enough, both of you." Kakashi-sensei popped us both on the back of the head.

"I can handle it from here, Kakashi." Tsunade grumbled. Kakashi nodded before stepping out of the door and closing it behind him.

"Maruka, sit down." He was about to refuse, but she gave him a deadly glare, "Sit down." He heaved a disgruntled sigh and obeyed.

"I want to hear your story first." She barked at him.

"Like I told you, she just attacked me. I didn't even do anything to her! She's a violent psychopath that should get locked up." He growled.

"What-" I snapped.

The principal gave me a dark glare, so I stopped speaking, "Really? You're telling me that she attacked you without provocation. Why else would she attack you?"

"I dunno," He snapped, "Maybe because she's jealous of me–" I barked out a laugh, "What!? It's true! We both know it."

"Enough." She barked, "Hana, let's hear it. What's your story?"

"He was talking crap after I got in trouble for telling him to shut up." I barked.

"That's all?" She raised a brow.

"Then his dumb ass—"

"Language." She barked.

"Then he brought my parents into it when I ignored him," I continued, editing my previous statement, "so, I lost it."

"See!" Maruka pointed at me dramatically, that annoying whine in his voice, "She LOST it. She's a psychopath! She can't control herself-"

"You don't deny bringing her parents into it?" Tsunade dared.

"N-What!? No, she's—gah!" He barked.

"Fine." She stated, "Both of you have a week of detention with Might Guy, no exceptions." I shrugged, not caring. At least he was in trouble too...

"What!?" Maruka shouted, jumping to his feet. "I'm the victim! I'm the one she attacked! I'm the one that will be scarred for life because a psycho jumped me! Not her!"

"You provoked her by bringing her deceased parents into an confrontation, so you are just as much at fault for running your mouth as she is for attacking." She combated.

"B-but-" He sputtered.

"No buts. You are going to detention or I will add to your punishment." She growled, "Now, go." As I started to stand, she stopped me, "Hana, you stay. I need to speak to you alone. Maruka, you go. Don't slam the door on your way out." She ordered.

Maruka stormed from the office, grumbling obscenities under his breath and shutting the door hard.

"Hana," I glanced up into her intense caramel eyes. "You need to get your temper under control."

"I know, I know. Kakashi-sensei has already given me this lecture." I grumbled, "I just can't—no, I won't sit by when he brings my parents into it. I don't care what he says about me. I can imagine hitting him then, but not my parents...or Lauren either."

She sighed, "I know, and I know today was the hardest to stomach it, but you need to keep your temper within school walls. Outside of school, I can't say anything." I couldn't help but sense an undercurrent in her words. Was she telling me to wait until after school? She couldn't be...but at the same time, it is Lady Tsunade.

"You're the Hokage aren't you?" I muttered. She doubled as the Principal and the Hokage of Konaha, so she could say something.

"You would have to be caught." She stated simply. To any other, this would sound like a normal statement, but I had the feeling that Maruka got on her nerves as well. He was sent to the office at least once a week for starting fights—he just usually got out of trouble by giving some sob story. And those he provoked were so prone to attacking or beating up others that he would be believed. He should have known better than to pick a fight with me.

"Can I go?" I muttered cautiously.

"Yes, just be more careful." She said. I stood and walked out. Wow... Lady Tsunade just told me that I should wait until after school the next time I want to hurt him. Now I remember why I liked her...
♠ ♠ ♠
I just wrote this. It took me forever to start it and then continue in depth. I think this turned out eons better than the original. Well, enjoy.

Maruka Sin and Lauren Crosswood © dezitogami (http://www.mibba.com/Member/336763/)
They are her characters, so I hope she doesn't mind that I used them. There are many other OCs in this story, so enjoy.