Status: Modern Naruto

Konahagakure High School

The Bet

Sasuke.

Homeroom was just as much of a bore as it was everyday. The classmates around me gabbed and gossiped about things of little importance. None of them bothered talking to me, especially not while I was reading. None of them had the gall to talk to someone of my stature and lineage.

Most of them talked on and on about the stupid project that our health teacher assigned to us. I would occasionally catch a girl or two giggling with pointed glances my way. Like I cared who my partner was. Part of me was glad that it wasn't a sniveling fangirl, but it had to be her. Of all people, Hana Tsuchihara was my partner. It seemed that we were being thrown together all day long, and it was really quite annoying.

"Hey, Sasuke." A girl, whose name I didn't remember, leaned toward me, "Tough luck getting her." She pointedly nodded over to the ebony haired girl that sat with the goth.

"Whatever," I muttered, "It's just a project." I rolled my eyes as the girl swooned. It was growing annoying. All they concentrated on were superficial things like your physical appearance. That shouldn't matter. All that should matter is your intelligence and talent, but that wasn't all that mattered in this world. In this world, your appearance was all that mattered.

As I looked at the words on the page, I found myself too distracted to absorb any of it. Annoying... That was the only word to describe it. I glanced back at the dark haired girl that I would be forced to collaborate with. She gave the gothic girl—whose name I didn't care to know—a look full of irritation. She always tutored this girl. I would have given up a long time ago, but I didn't have much patience for stupidity.

The girl didn't have a bad face. She was pretty...I guess. I never really paid attention to what most considered attractive among my classmates. She wasn't horrible to look at, but she and I had never gotten along. Not in all of the years we had gone to school together. Never... Our personalities didn't mesh well. She had a temper worse than any volcano and a stand-offish attitude that tended to piss me off.

The sound of someone griping behind me invaded my hearing, "I don't even know why I got in any fucking trouble."

Maruka. Someone I detested more than I would ever detest my 'partner'. He was your extremely unstereotypical gay guy, and possibly more annoying than Naruto. He was a sad excuse for a woman and an even sadder excuse of a man. His constant whining about how life was so unfair got under my skin. I said things that were harsh, but the things that left his mouth were obscene and vulgar.

His face was marred by bruises and scratches, courtesy of my ebony haired partner, as a few girls gave him pity that he didn't deserve, "I didn't even do anything to the bitch."

"I know," One of the girls cooed.

"The cunt is a psychopath." My hand itched to teach him a lesson; one that my mother taught me when I was young.

My parents may have died when I was young, but the one thing I was taught was not to disrespect a woman with vulgar words like that. My Uncle Madara would back hand me if he heard a word like that escape from my lips. My own sister would slap me, and I would let her. I promised her—though I don't know what drove me to do it—that I wouldn't get in any fights.

Why I promised her anything was a mystery to me. Riyame had an odd effect on those around her. She could tap dance on your heart strings with ease, and she never realized she was doing it. She even had Uncle wrapped around her finger. Madara didn't cave for anyone, not even the Hokage. Itachi didn't even stand a chance against her, so I was a goner...

"I don't even know why that big chested bitch believed her anyway," He whined, "She attacked for no reason!" Even I knew that wasn't true. He said something about her parents—which, if my information was correct, were dead. Bringing her parents into it, he deserved what he got in my opinion. That was a sore spot for any orphan.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Naruto and Sakura both turn to him, both obviously sick of hearing his whining. "Shut it, Maruka." Naruto barked.

"Fuck off, whiskers." Naruto nearly rose from his chair, but Sakura forced him back into his seat.

"Go die in your emo corner." Sakura snapped.

"Don't make me kick your ass, cu–"

"If you don't stop calling girls names like that, I'll kick yours." I grumbled, turning to face him in my seat. I ignored to look of surprise on Sakura's face.

"What!? Says the pretty boy who doesn't get shit from anybody." The idiot sneered.

"I don't ask for it." I snapped back. Naruto opened his mouth to combat it, "Shut up." He shut his mouth and shrugged it off.

"Don't be jealous, Uchiha." He sneered.

I let out a curt laugh, "What would I be jealous about?"

"I can get l–" I cut him off with another curt laugh.

"Oh please... I have talent, I'm intelligent, and I could 'get laid' if I wanted to–"

"I'll second that." Sakura muttered.

"I have absolutely no reason to be jealous over you." I stated, "Why don't you do yourself a favor and take Sakura's advice. Go crawl into your little emo corner before you start something with me that you can't finish." Maruka gave me a glare, his nostrils flaring, "And believe me when I say: if we fight, Kakashi won't be able to save you."

"You can't take me." How wrong he was...

"Dude, Hana beat your ass." Naruto waved off his comment, "You've got no chance."

"Bitch please," Maruka waved him off, "You don't know me."

"Naruto's right for once-" I said.

"Hey!" Naruto grumbled.

"Just take the compliment..." Sakura nearly whispered.

"The dunce doesn't know–"

"Dude! You're a pussy." Naruto argued, "You got your ass kicked by a girl. You. Got. No. Chance. Stop trying to seem all big and bad and accept it. You're too chicken to do anything but run your damn mouth. Now, shut up before I call Hana over to knock you out."

Maruka's cheeks flushed a deep shade of red as he glared between us, "Fuck you...fuck all of you." He barked, reddening to an even deeper shade.

Naruto and I exchanged a look as Sakura began gushing on about how she appreciated what I did. The dunce just earned a little more respect. It was about time. It was beginning to get a little sad.

When homeroom passed, I was one of the first out the door. I was completely focused on getting home. I was sick of this day. I just wanted to plop down on my bed and ignore the world around me. I tossed my books in my locker and swung my book bag over my shoulder. Dodging girls or people that wanted to speak to me, I trudged down the hall.

"Yo. Uchiha."

"I'm done with you." I grumbled.

He caught up to me, "I bet you couldn't get laid." Maruka prodded.

I sucked in a calming breath, "Go away."

"Scared of a challenge?" He barked.

"Ha." I didn't stop.

"You're scared, I know you are." He coaxed.

I was an idiot. I whipped around to face him, "What the hell do you want?" I snapped.

"I bet you couldn't get laid if you wanted to." He said smugly.

Irritation flowed. He was still going on about that, "I don't care what you think." I began to turn from him, but he stepped into my way.

"You're scared of a challenge, Uchiha." He smirked.

"Whatever."

"You think you can get anyone you want don't you?" He sneered.

"Oh please..." I muttered, "Who is it that you've been trying to convert? Shika—what's-his-face–"

"Shikamaru-"

"Shikamaru. And how much luck have you had with that?" I smirked, "None."

"I'm working on it-" he grumbled.

"Exactly. None. Before you start throwing around baseless comments, get yourself together first." His cheeks flushed scarlet in embarrassment.

"Care to wager?" He said.

"I don't have any reason to."

"Fine then, I guess you can't get anyone you want then." He was teasing a lion ready to pounce.

"Spit it out." I snapped irritably.

"I bet I can get my lover to go gay for me before you can get laid." I rolled my eyes.

"I don't need to make any bets with you." I grumbled.

"I mean...if you're too scared, I understand. I am...irresistible." He chimed arrogantly.

"Ha! You!? Please... I don't have to try. You're no competition." I let out a harsh laugh. That sounded cocky, even to me. It wasn't as if I didn't have girls that would line up down the street if I asked for it. I didn't want it, otherwise if could have happened.

"Yes. I'll admit. You're quite a...formidable opponent." He allowed.

"Formidable? That would insinuate that you stand a chance." I muttered.

"Well, would you be so cocky if I chose the girl, Uchiha?" He smirked at me.

I rolled my eyes, "Fine. Name the girl and I'll beat you at your own little game. But—"

"But what? Name it Uchiha."

"If I win. You leave me alone and never talk to me again." I grumbled.

"If I win. You admit that I'm better than you, and you do my homework for the rest of the year." He stated.

"Fine." He wasn't going to win. This was going to be a breeze, and I knew it.

"Hmm...let me think..." He began going over names, "Ino or Sakura would be too easy...damn...none of the girls in this school...your sister is definitely out...no incest...you're straight...damn...damn it...what girl doesn't like you...hmmm...." He rambled on for what seemed like forever, "Ah! Yes...she's perfect... She'll do nicely..."

"Hurry up would you, I want to go home." I grumbled. His annoyance was beginning to rub me the wrong way.

"I can name any girl in the school that's a student, right?" He muttered, a large, ear-to-ear smirk sliding onto his face.

"Yeah, whatever." I sighed.

"Fine. You have to convince the mother of your fake child to sleep with you." It was as if my stomach clenched and bottomed out.

"What."

"You have to convince Hana to sleep with you to win." His smile was sly and all-knowing. Those words destroyed any hope that I had of getting through this like a breeze.

I was tempted to turn it down, but he would only find me a coward. "This is to stay between you and me." I grumbled.

"Duh, that would ruin everything." Maruka said.

"Fine-"

"We have to shake on it, Uchiha." He held out his hand.

I hesitated at first, forcing the disgust of having to touch his hand from my features. I didn't know where it had been... "Fine." I grumbled, and we sealed it with one firm shake of our hands.

As I turned around, I found myself instantly regretting my decision. My pride got the better of me, and I let it. This was going to be the greatest challenge that I'd ever faced. This girl and I didn't fit together well, and I was sure that she viewed me with utter loathing. Great. Just great. All I could find myself thinking now was how I was going to do it. How was I going to pull it off without telling her? How was I going to get through this without Riyame or—heaven forbid—Itachi finding out? Both of them would ring my neck if they found out. Of course, neither of them would tell Uncle—for which I was severely lucky. How would I even get close enough to her to even attempt to get into her pants?

If I managed to do it, it would be a miracle.

Hana.

The scowl on my face had deepened as I made my way home. Detentions with Guy were bad enough, but I had to serve them with Maruka. As I'd suspected, he made us do trust exercises the entire time. And of course, he made us do one of the most cliche exercises in the book. The trust fall. Maruka was forced to let me go first despite his protests. He kept saying how much more he acted like a lady than I did. Even I got in the comment that I was more of a man than he was. This earned me a well enjoyed glare. Guy then popped Maruka's bubble, saying that because I was born a female, that made me a lady. I thought we were going to actually recieve a lecture on the differences of a male and a female body, but we didn't.

So, I went first. I don't trust anybody, but if I didn't at least make an effort, Guy wasn't going to report anything good. All I could do at the moment was hope that he would catch me. And he didn't... He claimed it was an innocent accident, but I knew better. He completely stepped out of the way, but Guy let it pass. When it was my turn, I did the same. I was just much more sly about feigning it. I thought Maruka was going to pop his top when I bat my eyelashes and gave sensei such a sincere excuse about how I was so sure I'd catch him, but he just slipped out of my grip. I hammed it up a little too saying, "I guess I just don't have your perfect hand-eye coordination." I barely got out of the sentimental hug that he wrapped me in as he told me how sorry he was to be so inconsiderate.

That part of the memory lifted my lips just a little bit, but it dropped the instant I realized where I was. I was at the entrance of the abandoned district. It was dangerous, extremely dangerous, but it was the fastest way home. I had a feeling that Lauren was sitting on my doorstep, and I wasn't going to leave her there. So, I trekked on, keeping my eyes peeled.

It was quiet tonight. Normally I could hear the obnoxious laughter as thugs vandalized street signs, but it was nearly dead silent. A sense of foreboding began to build in my stomach that made me consider turning back and taking the long route, but if you showed weakness in a place like this, it would eat you alive. I kept my head held high and continued on. My spine tingled with the sensation of being watched, but I didn't slow my stride.

Venturing deeper in, the sounds of mischief and trouble makers started, becoming more frequent with every step. I suddenly felt very self-conscious as I remembered what I held in my arms. A doll. A doll that looked extremely life-like and like it could very well be a cross between Uchiha and I. It must have been quite and odd sight, and with the sounds stirring around me I was beginning to wish I had taken the long way. A sudden revelation hit and I was suddenly glad I hadn't turned the doll on. If it started crying, I would be screwed.

I walked by a dark alley way, and a voice issued from it, "Hey, you!" I took in a deep breath and ignored it, "Come on girly, you don't wanna roll with me tonight?"
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG! It took me FOREVER to get over my writers block on this. My boyfriend was going to kill me if I didn't get writing. Well... This next chapter... I may have gone overboard with... This one is sort of shorter, but chapter five...It will be omigosh-holyshit long... Yeah. Too Damn long... Now I just have to figure out how to end it.