Status: working on it

Faith Will Find a Way

Take me away

When I was younger,
I would be afraid of the trees
As we drove down the dark and winding streets at night.

It was like peering into the unknown.
Being afraid that monsters may be lurking
Waiting to jump out at me
At the most unsuspected moment.

And then one night
I looked up at the sky
Becoming mesmerized by the endless diamond sky.
Nothing else existed in that moment.

I rested my arm on the ledge of the window
And slightly leaned my head out
Allowing the warm summer air to consume me
As I drifted off into my own world.

The monsters in the trees were no longer thoughts.
The stars were real. The monsters, not so much.
The car's sharp turn into the driveway threw my body back and forth
And as the engine stopped, my euphoria was over.


"Andy, hurry up! You're going to make us late for our set!" Jake called out to him.

Andy quickly shut the small, patterned journal and left it on his bed. He couldn't get enough of her writing. It was beautiful, and capturing. He was getting to look inside her mind. He was entering the imaginary world that she had created for herself. He was escaping reality through her words.

"Yeah, I'm coming!" Andy grabbed his vest and headed off the bus. Today was her date and he was determined to see her again. He didn't know exactly what it was about her. She was interesting. He wanted to look deeper into her mysterious mind. Some of her writing was inspiring like her poem about the stars. And some of her poetry was dark, like the poem about the girl being chased by the angry mob. He couldn't understand her exactly. And maybe, that was what he liked about her so much.

***


Vero and Farrah arrived at the venue right as they started letting people in. Vero jumped out of the car before Farrah even stopped the engine.

"Would you calm your tits?" Farrah joked.

"I can't help it. I want to see Andy again." Vero could feel the anticipation building. She wanted to look at his breathtaking blue eyes again.

Farrah giggled. "Let's go." She took her friend by the wrist and pulled her along.

After entering the venue, the girls headed straight to Black Veil Brides' tent to see if they needed wrist bands to meet the band.

"Why is the line so long? I hope we manage to get wrist bands." Vero noted the extremely long and winding line. Strangely enough, it went by faster than she thought.

"Hi, yeah, I'm the girl you're looking for." The girl in front of Vero and Farrah said to the merch girl.

Farrah and Vero looked at each other with confused looks and then Farrah spotted the white board hung up on a post.

We're looking for a girl named Vero. We have your writing notebook. Explain to the merch girl what it looks like and prove that you're the girl we're looking for. If you are her, the merch girl will tell you what to do next. And don't be cheeky little fuckers. Sarah has a picture of the girl we're looking for.

The merch girl looked down at the picture the boys gave her. "Hmm. Well, you look like her. Now tell me what the journal looks like."

The girl in front of Vero stammered a little. "Oh, it's... it's small and-and... it's, um... it's blue. Yeah, it's blue with- with, um... with a butterfly on it. Yeah."

The merch girl didn't look very amused. "Sorry, you're wrong. Now move along, please."

Vero and Farrah stepped up to the edge of the tent. "Hi, we were wondering--" Vero began but the merch girl, Sarah, cut her off.

"You're her, aren't you?"

Vero and Farrah looked at each other. "Well, we just wanted wrist bands to meet the boys, but--" Farrah said.

"You're her." Sarah said again. She gave Vero the picture. "This is you, isn't it?"

Vero looked down at the picture of her with Farrah and CC. When had Andy taken this? "Yeah, that's me... Where did this come from?"

Sarah shrugged. "Andy gave it to me. But, okay, I need you to just quickly explain to me what the journal looks like just to make sure it's you he's looking for."

"O-kay...?" Vero half asked. "It's small, cream colored, with owls, and flowers, and birds, and mushrooms, and a bunch of random shit all over it. My name is written really small in the very back of the book."

Sarah laughed a little. "That's exactly how Andy described it." She took the picture back from Vero and put it in her back pocket. "Alright, come with me."

***


As soon as Andy got back to the bus after their set, he went straight to his bunk, picked up the notebook, and continued reading. Some of it was poems and some of it was more of her story about a character she named Layla, and Andy. He turned to the next page, and saw the darkest poem in the whole book. She had called it Disconnected.

I asked you to paint a picture
Using just your lips
And my body
Was the canvas.

I asked you to hold me close
And never let me go

I asked you if you loved me.
No.

A knife,
A few drops of blood.

You left me branded,
Marked,
With scars crisscrossing
Up and down my arms
Staining my once pure skin.

I never asked for this.
I never asked for you.
I called for you.

But that call was
Disconnected.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote that last poem about my ex like forever ago and holy shit. I was looking through my writing journal as I was writing this chapter because I'm going to have the boys sign it when I meet them at Warped and I came across that poem and was like when the fuck did I write this? And then I was like damn it's kinda good so I decided to throw it in there because why not. It kind of added a little drama in there. Now you guys have to figure out who she wrote that about or wait until you find out.

Shout outs:

-cr3ature_
-CrashFire17
-TheProphet

Thanks you guys for your comments! I love you all except Vero bc ur satan go away.

(Just kidding, Vero is like my best friend okay.)