Status: I've never done anything like this...

Daughter Dearest

Jealous

Matt's POV

I woke up in bed next to my girlfriend, Emily. I have been dating her for a couple months and I really like her. I wonder what Joanna thinks of Emily. It looks like she likes her but that's because Joanna is just a very kind person. I absolutely value Joanna's opinion, I mean she is my daughter. It's been a while since I've dated. For some reason all my girlfriends end up leaving me. Maybe I just suck at relationships.

I heard a yawn next to me and looked over to see Emily waking up. Her blonde hair was all over the place.

"Good morning handsome", she kissed me on my cheek.

"Morning gorgeous", I smiled.

She kissed me on the lips and I kissed her right back. I slipped my tongue between her lips and massaged it with hers. Things got a little heated and she climbed on top of me. Just as Emily was about to pull down my boxers, there was a knock at the door.

"Breakfast is ready", Joanna's voice rang.

"Jesus Christ, are you fucking serious?", Emily mumbled.

"Coming!", I shouted while putting on a t-shirt."You comin' downstairs babe?", I asked Emily, who had her hand over her face.

"I'll be down in a minute", she answered.

I nodded and headed downstairs to the kitchen, where my daughter was setting the table like she does every single morning. She smiled at me and put a plate in front of me. She then placed a cup of coffee in front of me.

"Good morning Daddy", she grinned and kissed my cheek.

"Morning Jo", I responded."How was your date with Daniel?"

"Oh it was just great Daddy. He took me to his Grandma's diner and then he took me to this secluded spot that overlooks all of Huntington and sang me a song", she said dreamily.

"Really, what song did he sing?" I asked the dazed teenager.

She looked at me and smiled," I Only Have Eyes For You. Remember that song Daddy? You used to sing me to sleep with that song"

I nodded," Yeah I remember. You wouldn't go to sleep unless I sang it to you".

"Babe, it's time for bed", I said to my 7 year old daughter. It's been 4 years since Val left us and I still can't seem to get the hang of this single parent thing.

She looked up at me with her big brown eyes," But Daddy I don't wanna go to bed. I'm not even tired.".

"You have school tomorrow, so you gotta go to bed Jojo.", I argued.

She rubbed her chin and looked up as if she was thinking of a master plan,"How about I make you a deal?".

I raised my eyebrows in amusement," You wanna make a deal with me?". She nodded at me"What's the deal?".

"I'll go to sleep if you sing me a song.", she grinned triumphantly like she just won the Nobel Peace Prize.

I laughed at the simple deal," Alright babe, what song?"

"That song we heard that Uncle Brian and Auntie Michelle dance to today at the wedding.", she answered.

She was talking about the song, "I Only Have Eyes For You" by The Flamingos.

"Alright sweetheart, I'll sing it to you. Get in bed.", I told the eager child.

She scurried into bed and looked up at me with compete adoration.

"My love must be a kind of blind love. I can't see anyone but you......."

By the time I was done singing she was fast asleep. Ever since then, that has been Joanna's favorite song. You can usually hear her singing it whenever she's making breakfast, doing her homework, in the shower.


"But yeah, it was so great, Daniel's a beautiful singer.", she gushed.

"Better than me?", I asked taking a sip of my coffee feeling a little Jealous that another guy was singing our special song.

She smiled,"Of course not Daddy."

I smiled in pride. That was when Emily walked into the kitchen with a scowl on her face. I can tell that she was upset about us being interrupted.

"Good morning Emily. Have a good night's sleep?", Joanna beamed.

Emily fake smiled," Just wonderful, then I had a rude awakening."

"That's too bad. Well I hope you enjoy breakfast. I made Grilled Salmon with Citrus Salsa Verde with white rice, Coconut muffins, and some Apple and Ham Salad.", she counted down the dishes.

I looked over at my girlfriend nervously. It just so happens that she's highly allergic to almost all those ingredients.

Emily narrowed her light green eyes at my daughter," I'm allergic to all of that. I can't eat this!"

"Oh... Well that's unfortunate.", Joanna shrugged, proceeding to pile my plate with food.

Emily's jaw dropped at the insensitive act of my daughter and looked over at me with wide eyes.

"What the hell Matt?!", she exclaimed.

I rubbed her arm as an attempt to calm her," Calm down babe, I'm sure she didn't know about your allergies or else she wouldn't have made all this. Right Jo?"

"Daddy's right. I wouldn't have even thought of making all of this if I had known you'd be allergic.", she verified.

"Listen, after I drop Jojo off at school, I'll take you to IHop, okay?", I kissed the side of Emily's head.

She nodded and continued to glare at Joanna.

Joanna's POV

I was completely aware of Emily's allergies. Serves that bitch right for what she did. I don't care about her health. I wished she would just drop dead right at the table by just looking at the food that could kill her with one bite.

After Daddy dropped me off at school, I saw Denise waiting for me like she usually does. I walked up to her and hooked arms as we made our way to our first period class.

*First period*

"You're so badass! I'm so proud of you right now!", Denise praised me after I told her what I did this morning.

"Thanks, I guess. She was so pissed off, it was hilarious.", I laughed at remembrance of Emily's anger.

"That's what she gets, trying to kill you with her deadly muffins", she said." Besides that shit. How was your date last night with Danny?"

"It was great Denny. He took me to his grandparent's diner. Then he took me to a cliff that overlooks all of Huntington and he sang to me. It was the best night ever.", I beamed.

Denise put her hand where her heart was and smiled," Oh my gosh, he's so cute. You lucky bitch."

I really am.

"I know. I really like him", I grinned.

"What does your dad think about you goin' on dates with Daniel?", Denise asked.

"Daddy's just fine with it. He likes Danny, they get along great", I answered. If Daddy didn't like Daniel, I wouldn't have even gone out with him. I valued my father's opinion immensely.

*Lunch*

I sat with Denise at out usual table outside just chatting with her when Daniel came to sit with us. He usually sat with the other jocks, so I didn't understand why he was sitting with us, we're just simple sophomores.

"I uh, have to go talk to Gary about our history project, I'll see you two lovebirds later", she winked and walked away. I knew she was lying just so she could leave me alone with Danny.

"Hey", Daniel said awkwardly.

"Hi", I said just was awkward. I don't know why it was so awkward, we were just fine last night."So I had a lot of fun yesterday, thanks for taking me out".

He smiled,"Don't mention it, well mention it to your father. I'm on his good side and I'd like to stay there". Aww, he cares if my father likes him.

I giggled,"Don't worry, I told him all about how you forced yourself on me and made me smoke weed".

The look on his face was priceless,"Are you serious, he's gonna kill me!"

"I'm kidding Daniel! I told him I had a great time. You're still in his good book", I reassured the panicking brunette.

He let out a heavy breath,"You scared the shit outta me Jo. Don't ever do that again".

"Deal", I laughed.

"I came over here to ask if you wanted to go on another date with me, this weekend", he admitted.

"I'd love to. Where to?", I questioned.

"Well, it's karaoke night at The Bush on Saturday. Thought it'd be fun to watch people embarrass themselves, then maybe embarrass ourselves a little bit", he chuckled. I loved his laugh, it reminded me of my dad's hardy laugh.

I laughed as well," That sounds great, I can't wait. Ha, that rhymed!"

He laughed again,"Awesome. Can you try and dress a little more casual?".

"Why? You don't like how I dress. You don't like my dresses?", I asked frantically.

His eyes widened,"Oh no, no. I love how you dress, trust me. I think you look gorgeous in your dresses. It's adorable, it makes you unique from everyone else. I just thought you'd be more comfortable. I'm sorry if I made you feel bad about how you dress".

"No, it's fine. I guess I could tone it down a little this weekend", I smiled.

Oh lord, how am I gonna pull this off?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, I'm soooo sorry I haven't updated in forever! School is a bitch, but since it's coming to an end, I'll probably update a little more frequently. Comment what you think.