Status: I've never done anything like this...

Daughter Dearest

Date Night

Joanna's POV

Saturday couldn't have come any slower. I was so excited for my date. I had just got done getting dressed for my date with Daniel. I hoped this was casual enough for him because this is as casual as it's gonna get. I had Denise take me shopping for some new casual attire. My closet is mostly filled with dresses and some skirts. I haven't bought a pair of jeans since I was 12 years old. Yes, I have been wearing dresses since I was 12 years old, sue me.

My phone buzzed and I saw I had a text from Daniel saying that he would be here in a few minutes. I decided I would go outside so I don't keep him waiting. I went downstairs where I saw Daddy playing Call of Duty, his favorite video game. He could sit there all day without food or water. I sometimes had to make him a sandwich just so he wouldn't starve.

"Daddy", I called. No response.

"Daddy", I repeated while tapping his shoulder. His eyes were still glued to the screen with his mouth wide open.

"Daddy!", I hollered making him jump and drop his controller.

"Yeah sweetie?", he look startled.

"I'm gonna go outside and wait for Daniel", I told him.

"Oh okay. Have a good time babe", he kissed my hand.

"I will, love you", I kissed his cheek.

"Love you too", he responded.

I walked outside and waited for like 5 minutes before Daniel's car pulled up. Daniel got out of the car to greet me. I walked up to him and hugged him. He opened my door me and waited for me to get in before closing it.

"Oh, I got you something", he said before reaching into the backseat. He revealed a box of chocolates, but not just any box of chocolates. It was the Richart Chocomac Collection, my favorite.

"Oh my gosh, Danny thank you. How'd you know these were my favorite?", I asked while eating one with caramel, I moaned at the delicious taste.

"I remember when your dad gave them to you for Valentine's Day and you couldn't stop eating them. You took them everywhere, you even had a stash in every room of your house", he laughed.

"Don't laugh at me, you have no idea how good these things are", I defended my chocolate.

He chuckled, "You're right, I don't. Maybe you should let me have one".

"I don't think so, you might become addicted to them", I smirked.

"Yeah, ok. Ready to make fools out of ourselves?", he smirked back at me.

I giggled,"Yeah, sure".

*At The Brush*

Daniel and I were laughing at the couple that had just gotten off the stage. They sang the song "Wannabe" by The Spice Girls. I use the word 'sang' very loosely, they sounded like dying chickens, but we clapped for them anyway because they were brave enough to sing in front of all these people. The food was great, they had the best buffalo wings ever! The music was awesome, the atmosphere was so calm and relaxed, but still fun. Daniel chose a good place for a second date.

"I picked a song while I got the wings so we're up next", he told me.

"What song did you pick?", I asked with my eyebrow raised.

"It's a surprise", he smirked as he grabbed my hand and led me to the stage. I wasn't really nervous since I've sang in front of people before, growing up in a musical environment and all.

The spotlight was on the two of us as we waited for the music to start. I looked over at an amused Daniel and that made me wonder what embarrassing song he picked. All of a sudden I heard the song and everyone in the karaoke bar said,"Ohhh" or "Awww". I blushed at the song, "I Got You Babe" by Sonny & Cher.

Joanna: They say we're young and we don't know we won't find out until we grow

Daniel: Well I don't know if all that's true 'cause you got me, and baby I got you

Daniel: Babe

Both: I got you babe I got you babe

Joanna: They say our love won't pay the rent before it's earned, our money's all been spent

Daniel: I guess that's so, we don't have a pot but at least I'm sure of all the things we got

Daniel: Babe

Both: I got you babe I got you babe

Daniel: I got flowers in the spring I got you to wear my ring

Joanna: And when I'm sad, you're a clown and if I get scared, you're always around

Joanna: So let them say your hair's too long 'cause I don't care, with you I can't go wrong

Daniel: Then put your little hand in mine there ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb

Daniel: Babe

Both: I got you babe I got you babe

Daniel: I got you to hold my hand

Joanna: I got you to understand

Daniel: I got you to walk with me

Joanna: I got you to talk with me

Daniel: I got you to kiss goodnight

Joanna: I got you to hold me tight

Daniel: I got you, I won't let go

Joanna: I got you to love me so

Both: I got you babe I got you babe I got you babe I got you babe I got you babe

When we were done singing, people clapped for us. As we made our way back to our table, people patted us on the back and told us how good we did. We sat down and waited for the next act.

"Seems like we make a great pair, don't ya think?", Daniel smiled .

"We sure do", I looked into his eyes.

"I've been wanting to ask you this all night-", he was cut off by the sound of my phone.

"I'm so sorry Daniel", I said as I took my phone out to see 'Daddy' on the screen with a picture of me and him at the barbecue. "I have to take this", I got up to take this call in the bathroom.

"It's totally fine, could be important", he said with a smile I could tell was fake.

I walked into the bathroom and answered my phone.

"Hi Daddy", I greeted.

"Joanna, I'm gonna need you to come home right now", he replied firmly. It was rare when he took on such a tone with me so I was worried.

"Why? What's wrong", I asked.

"You'll find out when you get here, just come home now", he said then hung up. I was so worried I was shaking.

I rushed out of the bathroom and hurried back to Daniel who was looking down at his phone.

"Daniel, I have to go, can you take me home?", I said while grabbing my purse.

He looked up at me frantically,"Why? Is the date sucky? I knew this was a shitty idea. I mean who the hell takes a date to a karaoke bar for their second date? I'm so sorry Joanna. You're probably use to the finer things, being treated like a princess. So far I've taken you on two cheap dates, I suck at this".

"Daniel, it's been a great date, I'm having so much fun, but our date has to be cut short. My dad called for me to come home, it sounds like an emergency", I assured.

He let out a big breath,"Oh, that's great. I mean not the emergency, but that you liked our date. Alright, let's go".

*At home*

As we pulled up to my house, I saw an unfamiliar car in the driveway. I knew it wasn't any of the guys' cars, so who's could it be?

"Want me to go in with you?", Daniel offered.

"No thank you, I don't think Daddy would appreciate that very much. I'll probably text you later", I patted him on the shoulder with a weak smile.

"Alright, see ya later", he smiled back.

"Bye", I said getting out of the car.

I walked up to the door fumbling with my keys because I was so worried and nervous. I unlocked the door and looked around the house.

"Daddy?", I called out.

"In the kitchen!", he hollered back.

I walked into the kitchen and my jaw dropped. I saw someone I wished I never had to see again...
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohh who could that be? Comment who you think it might be, you never know, you might be right. What'd you think of this chapter? I am so sorry that it's been so long, but school is a bitch. I just wanted to give you guys something. Thanks for being so patient with me. I hope you enjoyed reading as much as I enjoyed writing. Thanks to those who commented and subscribed and recommended, you're all wonderful diamonds.

Love NathanSykes' Swag