Status: Ugh... Writer's block :/ Not really good with updates (sorry)

I Can't Remember the Good Old Days

Things Have Changed

"Are you sure it’s the correct number?" Matt asked, sighting loudly. "Yes I'm sure!" Alex exclaimed, dialing the number again for the twentieth time. "Alex, you don't have a single memory for the last year, maybe your head messed up the number?" Tay said, trying to sound as soft and calm as she could, but Alex already felt way too frustrated. "It's the correct number, okay?! I know it’s the right one, he's had the same one for like 9 years!" he almost yelled, giving up and throwing the phone. Matt stood up quickly and picked it up, checking it hadn't broken. Alex hugged his knees and groaned. "Hey, maybe someone stole his phone and he had to change it, okay? It's no big deal, I'll take you to his place…" Matt offered, smiling at him. Alex tried to calm down and nodded, smiling back at him. "Thanks Matty, I would've gone crazy if it wasn't for Tay, Lisa and you… I owe you guys" he said and Tay laughed "You don't owe me shit, Gaskarth, this is my job anyway." Alex chuckled and shrugged. "Well, let's get going then… Alex, you ready?" Matt asked, already getting up from where he was sitting. The younger boy sighted and nodded, getting up and grabbing his only bag (the one with the clothes he was wearing when he was interned in the hospital and some papers explaining his condition). He gave a quick hug to Tay and left the room, following Matt out.

Image


"Alex, clam down, we'll go to your friend's house and ask him where you live, okay?" Lisa said, trying to calm him down. After picking up Lisa from her place, they drove to Alex's apartment complex, or at least where his apartment used to be. Apparently, he moved away and he had no idea where he lived. "You do remember where this Jack kid lived, right?" Matt asked and Alex nodded, taking deep breaths and giving Matt the directions.

He couldn't help but to smile when he saw the familiar porch. "This is it" he said, and Matt parked in front, patting his back "Lisa and I will be here, okay?" Alex nodded and ran out, grabbing his small bag. He was already grinning when he got to the door. He had no idea why he felt so happy about seeing Jack, but they were best friends after all and he couldn't call him while he was in the hospital. He knocked and waited, glancing back at the car where Matt and Lisa were chatting. Finally, someone opened, but it wasn't Jack, it was some random girl he didn't recognize. He started panicking, fearing that maybe Jack had moved. "Uhm… is this the Barakat residence?" he asked, trying to sound as polite as he could. She nodded and frowned, "Are you looking for Jack?" she asked, and Alex's grin came back in no time, as he nodded eagerly. He glanced back at the car, making signs at Matt to tell him that it was the right house and that he could leave. "Jack! Someone's here looking for you!" the girl yelled, disappearing into the living room. There was a groan coming from upstairs and then there were footsteps. Alex quickly took the hospital papers out of his bag, thinking that maybe it would be easier explaining everything that happened that way. Jack was clearly just waking up, with his hair all messed up, sweatpants and shirtless.

He glanced at the living room, mumbling a small "Morning honey" and smiling sweetly, but everything went down hill as soon as his eyes settled on the door. "Alex?" he said, practically emotionless. Clearly he and Alex didn't share the same amount of happiness. Alex just shrugged it off and convinced himself it was because he woke him up. "Hey Jacky!" Alex exclaimed happily, giving him a big smile, "Sooo… I just kinda wanted to ask you something, and I know it will sound weird but-" he started, but was cut short by Jack. "Why are you here?" he spat, staring at Alex with a disgusted face. Alex stared at him, feeling amazingly hurt. Jack never snapped at him, not even kidding. "I… uhm… I just wanted to ask for a small favor, but… uhm…" he looked down, trying to find his words. "Alexander, why would you even consider I would do you a favor, huh? I don't even know how you even dared to come here and be all Jacky I need help… do you actually believe I was going to help you? I don't care if you got in trouble with fucking drug dealers or whatever, learn to deal for yourself" he huffed, forcing out a laugh. Alex did his best not to cry. This couldn't be happening, Jack had been his best friend since ever, they were nothing without each other… right? "You know, I am happy now, you should fuck off… bye Alex, and don't ever come back" and before he knew it, the door was shot closed, nearly hitting him. The shock was too much, he couldn't even cry. He turned around and slowly walked off, trying to process everything that just happened.

He walked for what seemed like hours (although, judging by the places and houses around him, he knew that only around 5 minutes had passed) until he saw other house he recognized and actually dared to knock on the door. He hesitated a little before knocking, if Jack hated him, probably other people did as well, he had to be careful. "Alex?" Austin said, staring at him in disbelief. "Y-yeah… I know it will sound weird and all, but did I gave you my new address?" he asked, sounding small, confused and obviously hurt. "I think you did… I'll just have to look for it, uh are you okay?" Austin asked, not really knowing what to do. Alex shook his head yes and forced a smile "Yeah, don't worry… I'm just perfect." The older was gone for a few seconds, and came back with a small piece of paper. "Here you go… need anything else?" Alex thought about the offer and nodded "Do you have Zack's and Ran's numbers?" Austin looked at him confused for a few seconds before sighting and writing down the numbers from his phone. "Thanks Austin, I owe you one… bye" he turned and left, not leaving any time for Austin to say bye back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor Alex... too bad that its not really possible for only one person to hate him after all the things he did...
It will get better, though (or will it?)

So, I wasn't going to upload this, but I got kinda exited and blah blah blah (I mean, I got 9 subscribers for only the first chapter, and I am kinda proud of myself)...
Hope you enjoy :) Comment and stuff, I would really appreciate it.