Status: Ugh... Writer's block :/ Not really good with updates (sorry)

I Can't Remember the Good Old Days

Please Listen

"I think we should break up, Jack… I'm so sorry" Holly mumbled, staring at her lap, "I don't think this relationship is going anywhere and I just can't… god… I'm not ready to help you through all your problems." She refused to look at Jack as she got up the couch, "I think you should leave now…". Jack stared at her and shook his head in disbelief. "The thing is," he started, "I don't think you're even sorry, Holly." The older girl finally looked up, at gave Jack a worried look. "I know I may be a burden sometimes, but you're damn easy to read and I know that that isn't the real fucking reason, so why don’t you quit lying and tell me why you're breaking up with me? Huh?" He spat. "I-I'm… I'm pregnant… and I'm pretty sure its not yours." The anger Jack was feeling towards the girl was so big, that he didn't actually notice how sad he really felt. "I'm fucking leaving…and don't you even dare to come back to me ever again." He walked out with a fast pace and closed the door so hard he heard something break in the inside of the apartment. Probably a picture frame or something. "Have fun with your baby!" he yelled as he drove away.

Image


Jack would usually love hearing the children play in the park, but not right now. Not when he knows that he's probably never getting one of his own. Yes, he was immature, but that didn't mean he wouldn't be able to take care of kids. Being a father was something he used to daydream a lot. It started when he was dating Alex, actually. Obviously, that didn't work with the other boy and neither did with Holly.

He brought his knees up and hugged them, watching the small kids run around. He should have just given up after Alex, deep down he knew he was way too wounded after that. He wasn't in shape to start a new relationship, but it was like he wanted to prove something. Holly was easy enough to start out with, so he just took the chance. That didn't mean he didn't feel something for her, because he did, it just was rough knowing that she was never going to be able to help him. He was always going to be unwell and hurt.

He groaned slightly, hiding his face behind his knees. Why did he think that going to the park was going to be a good idea? He should've just called Zack and drowned himself in ice cream. That's what he always did.

"You okay?" someone asked, taking the empty space on the bench he was sitting on. He knew the voice too well, he was just trying to convince himself that his luck wasn't that bad.

"Fuck off, Alex" he mumbled.

"I'm not leaving until you assure me you're okay… you never came to the park all by yourself, you used to hate that" the older said calmly, although he did sound more tired than usual.

"Well, I've changed, and you have too, I don't understand why you act as if you didn't" Jack said, sounding slightly angry, and finally looked up.

Alex looked awful. He had bags under his eyes, his hair was messy and he probably hadn't washed it in a while, he looked skinnier and more pale. Anyone who saw him would think he just escaped from the hospital or something.

"Look, Jack… I talked to Rian and uh… he explained a little what was happening. I know I hurt you, and I was stupid, but you gotta listen to what I have to say… just this one time, and I swear I'll never try to talk to you again if you don't want me to" he begged.

Jack considered Jack's words for a while and then remembered what Rian had said a few days before. 'I think you should talk to him. It's better if he tells you instead of me.' Maybe it was something important after all. He sighted and nodded.

Alex looked relieved and smiled slightly, mumbling a small thank you. He opened his mouth to speak, but closed it almost immediately. He looked down and tried again, trying his best to arrange the words and sentences in his head. He didn't want Jack taking anything the wrong way. He sucked in a breath and started talking.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the short shitty chapter, but hey! I'm fixing Jalex (kinda)
Didn't check it, so sorry for any mistakes.

And in my defense I was late because I'm moving from COSTA RICA to NORTH CAROLINA, so its a big fucking change. Also, I think I'm continuing my old Frerard story, plus, I'm working on my own original shit, so I'm working on THREE DIFFERENT STORIES RIGHT NOW and everything is stressing me out.

OH OH and I'm also working on a Jalex one-shot, it may or may not have smut. I suck at writing that. It's kinda weird, but who know... you might like it.

Thanks to all the comments, recommendations and subscriptions. I love you all.