Status: Writing

My Best Friend's Ex-Boyfriend

10

“Nothing, I’m fine?” She kept flicking through a book about Ancient Rome.

“Don’t lie to me, Christa.” I rested my chin on my knee, “Is it about this morning?”

“I just, I don’t know…” She closed the book, “Zachary moves in next-door to you and suddenly, you two become best friends?”

“Christa. Are you serious? We live the same way, aren’t we allowed to walk together?”

“Hm.” She slid the book to the side, “I might go home, I don’t feel very well.”

“Oh, ok then. I’ll walk you to the sick bay?”

“No I’m fine by myself. Tell Zach, text me later.”

Christa walked out of the library. If this little situation is pissing her off, then I would have to stop talking to Zach. I hate when Christa and I fight, because I don’t really have anyone else to hang with. I picked up the book Christa forgot to put back and placed it on the shelf; I walked out to the oval and hung out on one of the benches. I could see the football team practicing for the big game on Saturday night; they all started walking off the field to the showers, which was right near my bench. All the boys walked past me, until Zachary came.

“Where’s my girl?”

“She went home sick,” I lowered my iPod volume, “she didn’t look very happy actually.”

“Aw, well, I gotta hit the showers,” he started walking off, “I’ll see ya afterschool.”

I smiled. I continued listening to Flume’s album until break. The whole day was so dull without Christa. I had no one to get me more cheese fries, which was upsetting for me. For the rest of the day, I had double English, lunch, Design then Mathematics. Next thing I know, I’m walking home with Zachary, once again.

“Finally, last day tomorrow,” I kicked a tiny rock off the foot path, “do you have any plans for the weekend?”

“I got the big game on Saturday night, and then there’s going to be a big party at mine since my parents are gone for a couple days. You live next-door, so you are invited.”

“Sounds lovely, I shall be there with your girlfriend.”

We smiled at each other and said bye. When I got home, I chilled in my bra and underwear because I was in my lazy mood. I made sure my window curtains were closed, so that Zach wouldn’t see me. I turned on the TV and chilled on the sofa, and started texting Christa.

Anna: did you want to sleepover mine on the night of your boyfriend’s party?
Christa: sure thing. i would probably feel better by then, i’m just glad i’m spending two nights in a row with him. :)
Anna: yeah, that’s good! we can go shopping on saturday for clothes, yeah?
Christa: we shall, talk to you tomorrow. xxx