Status: Writing

My Best Friend's Ex-Boyfriend

5

I unlocked the front door and walked inside, I ran up to my room and closed the door. No one was home as usual. Mum was a flight attendant so I barely got to see her and my brother is away on vacation with his girlfriend, so I’ve been home alone for nearly a week now. I finished off some of the homework I got given today and decided to call up Christa.

“Did Zach tell you any news today?”

“He just told me he moved houses, which is more far away now,” I could picture her sticking out her lower lip.

“Yeah, he moved next-door to me, woo.”

“Are you serious?!” I could hear her jumping on her bed.

“Mhm. Don’t come over just for him, or I’ll kill you, I swear.”

“No-no, baby girl. I will come over for you because I fucking love ya.”

Half an hour later, I got off the phone to Christa. I went on my laptop to check out Facebook and Tumblr, nothing new. So, I just sat there, staring at my One Direction posters up on the wall and sighed. I turned to look out my window, and that’s when I should’ve stopped staring but I couldn’t.

My window was adjacent to Zachary’s bedroom window. He was taking his shirt off, showing off his chiseled and muscular chest, broad shoulders, six pack and remarkable v-line. He slid his hand through his hair while looking for another shirt in his wardrobe. I tried to look away, but I couldn’t. Christa would kill me if she was here right now, but I just couldn’t. Then, he turned around.

I realised that split second he was looking out the window to mine, I fell down to the ground and hoped he did not see me. After a minute, I looked back up and he was gone. I exhaled loudly and went downstairs to make dinner for myself. The night was a blur until then, I was already in bed, setting my alarm at 7am.