Status: Hi

I Could Write It Better Than You Ever Felt It

12.

I didn't get much sleep that night.
Maybe it was the fact that I was curled up on a small couch on Fall Out Boy's bus.
Maybe its the fact that Partick was warming up his vocal cords and his beautiful voice was distracting. Or that Pete kept lecturing me about what I should be looking for in a man.
Or it could have been Joe trying to get me to get up and take shots with him.
Or maybe just the fact that Jack was texting me non-stop all night.

Either way, I barely slept.

In fact, just as I had started dozing off, my phone began to ring.

The obnoxious sound of the vibrating made my eyes go wide. I reached for my phone, which was lit up on the floor next to me, and stared at the caller-ID.

"Alex?" I answered groggily.

"Yeah-I found out how to get you home!" He spoke fast and excitedly. I shook away whatever sleep was left in me and now felt wide awake.

"Really?!"

Normally, this would be sad news; Leaving a tour bus filled with people I looked up to, just to go home to my plain normal life. But to be quite honest, I had had just about enough of this fantasy. I hated to admit it, but it was time for me to leave.

"Yeah!! It's like this weird séance thing...We'll have to check it out tomorrow. But it seems pretty legit."

"A...weird séance thing? Where did you find it?"

My hopes were already getting shot down.

"I googled it."

"Googled it?! What did you search for, 'girl gets trapped in fan-fiction?'" I let out a laugh. I could hear Alex scoff on the other line.

"NO!...I searched a lot of things, but I ended up finding this reverse life spell thing..."

Yep. My hopes were shattered.

"Oh yeah...sounds legit alright...Can I go back to bed now." I rolled my eyes.

"It IS legit! Just please let's give it a try tomorrow??"

It was clear that Alex wanted me gone just as bad as I did.

"Alright, fine."

================

I awoke to someone throwing a pop tart at my face.

"What the hell..." I mumbled.
I sat up and wiped the crumbs off of me, picking up the broken breakfast square.

"I made you breakfast!" Pete giggled childishly. I flipped him off and started to gather my things together.

"How long till this bus stops moving so I can go back to my own bus?"

Pete made a face at me.
"Don't go back! You know Jack's gonna-"

"Pete! Enough about Jack!"

If only the biggest problem in my life right then and there was that Jack Barakat wanted to date me...I wish. I found myself becoming more and more envious of Alice Wentz. Such a simple and wonderful life she had.

"I'm just sayin'...You know it's gonna be weird..." He shrugged, taking a bite out of his own pop tart. It was my turn to make a face at him.

"You're weird. More weird than I can handle right now."

"Whatever. Oh, and I should probably tell you- that whole idea you had with not having a birthday party for mom, well I talked to her yesterday and you can tell she's kind of expecting one. We should start planning it."

Well, there goes my plan to avoid the whole 'moms birthday party' chapter of my story. Maybe I coudn't change how my story went. Or maybe it was just a coincidence...

"Are you sure she wouldn't like just one big gift from the two of us...?" I tried one last time. Pete shook his head firmly.

"Nope. Party."

"Well, I'm bringing Jack."

My face must have matched the expression on Pete's. I had no idea what had just come out of my mouth. I didn't say that. I mean...obviously I did, but...I didn't mean it.

"Why would you do that? He's mad at you for dumping him." Pete stated, dumbfounded.

Although I was still confused about what I had just said, I began to feel angry at Pete. Legitimately angry at him for talking about Jack the way he was. What. The. Fuck.

As soon as I noticed these foreign feelings I began to suppress them with all my might. Why was I mad at Pete? I hadn't felt this was towards him before.

"I...I'm gonna pass out." I blurted out. I suppose you could say that had become my free pass to get out of awkward situations.

"Ah, not again." Pete mumbled. He watched me lay back down on the couch.

"Ya know-" Pete began, but was cut off by Patrick asking him to come help him with something.
I was thankful to be alone again. As if this situation I had stuck myself in couldn't get any weirder-it was.

I waited what felt like an hour, but in reality was probably only twenty minutes, until the bus finally came to a stop. I hopped up, grabbed my things again, and ran off before Pete could notice. Once again, I was on a mission to find Alex.

Unfortunately, Jack was much easier to find.

"Alice!...Hey, no hard feelings about yesterday, ok?..."

Jack continued to ramble on about God know what. I couldn't focus. I wanted to kiss him.
Now I know what you're thinking-who wouldn't?! I know, I know. But this was different. This wasn't me. I can't even describe it. Of course I had always found Jack attractive, but right then and there...I found him extremely attractive. I wasn't feeling awkward or intimidated as I usualy had around him the past few days. I almost felt like I really knew him. Like we had been friends for years. Like I had been holding back these intense feelings for him for years...

Fortunately for me, I still had enough of my own sense in the back of my mind to realize what was going on.

"Jack, we can't talk right now." I stammered out.

My brain was in over-drive. Everything was moving and happening way to fast. I walked away before I could hear Jack's response. I felt bad, but I felt even more confused. I was dizzy. It was happening in quick flashes. My own thoughts were getting mixed and intertwined with someone elses. My own memories of growing up were becoming distorted. I was begining to remember things that had never really happened to me. I was starting to lose myself.

I was becoming Alice Wentz.

All in my mind though. Nothing too dramatic like in The Beauty and the Beast when Beast turns into a man. There were no light flickers and I didn't spin around and such...

I took a few deep breathes. The flashes started to stop, and I could think clearly again. I went over it all in my head;

I'm Alice Loran. I wrote this story and I don't know how I ended up inside it. Everyone thinks this is real except for Alex and I. I'm starting to think like the Alice I wrote about. Not good.

Just as I had gained back all composure, Alex appeared as if on cue.

"Hey, so Jack wants me to 'talk to you about your guy's relationship and shit' so just stand here and pretend to talk to me for a few minutes." Alex rolled his eyes.

"Alright. Well...when can we try that séance?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Gah sorry this probably sucks. It's late but I wanted to write this. Thank you all. <3