Status: Hi

I Could Write It Better Than You Ever Felt It

13.

That night, I watched All Time Low preform from backstage for the second time.
It was just as terrific, if not more, than the first time I'd watched.
I tried to take in every detail. This very well could be my last night as Alice Wentz.

As I watched them play I also took the time to really appreciate what had happened to me. As awkward and as frustrating as it had been at times, I think it's safe to say that it was all well worth it. As I've said before, people would give anything for this to happen to them. Why did it happen to me?
I might as well be grateful instead of regretful.

"Thank you very much!" Alex called out to the crowd in between songs.
"Now make sure you all throw some extra bras up here to Jack, because he's pretty bummed out today." He added.

I couldn't help but to laugh. Jack couldn't help it either.

"I am so bummed. Give me your bras." The crowd went crazy.

"They wanna know why you're so sad today, dude."
Jack thought for a minute. He looked to me backstage and sent me a quick grin, almost as if to say 'no hard feelings.'

"Because Alice is a bitch!"

It was such a random statement that I actually laughed. Alex did too. I could tell that he meant it lighthearted and jokingly, and either way I didn't mind it. But I was thankful that he wasn't acting bitter towards me, even though he had every right to be.

"Oh yeah?! Everyone say hi to Alice the bitch!" Alex motioned for me to come out on stage but I furiously shook my head. No way in hell.

Did I mention in my that in my story all of All Time Low's fans knew and adored me as well...How embarrassing.

"She's shy today." Jack stuck his toung out at me childishly as I continued to laugh.

"Wahhhh! Let's play a song." Alex exclaimed, changing the subject.

"To Alice!"

With that the music started playing again. I ignored the occasional 'flashes' of memories that weren't mine, such as old band practices and high school hangouts, and instead focused on the scene in front of me. The grin stayed on my face for the rest of the show.
I would definitely miss this.

"I don't wanna say goodnight
I've never been so sure
Just do it for the memories..."


=====================

The bus was silent. The rest of the guys and crew were all still in the venue, watching Fall Out Boy preform. I had made a point to say a quick and subtle goodbye to each of them throughout the day.

For the last time, Alex and I were alone. Just as we had started this small and crazy journey. We were both sitting on the floor facing one another, with our legs criss-crossed. The bus was extremely dark, excpet for a few candles we had lit around us.
Um, birthday candles to be exact... they were the only kind we could find in the nearest convenience store.

"Alex, are you sure we're doing this right? I feel like I'm in a cult or something..."

He laughed quietly in response.

It may not seem like it, but we had established an actually pretty good friendship over the last few days. All of our 'secret' talks and meetings about this weird fanatsy we were living in had kind of forced us to be a team.

"I think this is right. Here, let me check."

He stood up and ran off to go get something. I heard a small crash, some obscenities, and then he returned.

"I printed out the instructions eariler..." He smirked. I laughed out loud.

"Are you kidding?! How geeky. Let me see those." I grabbed the instructions from him and skimmed them over as best I could in the dim candle light.

I had to hold back another laugh.

"Alex, these are instructions for like...games you play at slumber parties..."

"What do you mean?" His smirk stayed in place.

"Like when little girls have sleepovers they play these dumb psychic games like light as a feather, stiff as a board just to freak each other out. That's all this is a list of!"

"No it's not! There's some real intense stuff on that list! It's worth a shot!"

"Oh my God, this is insane." I set the papers down and ran my hands through my hair.

"We gotta try something, Allie. Things are getting weirder." My eyes snapped back to look at Alex's.

"Why did you just call me Allie?" I asked, praying it was just a coincidence. He sighed, and I knew it wasn't.

"That's what I mean about things getting weirder. I don't know why I called you that, but I've been having the urge to all day. I've been remembering things about you that I don't think I've ever learned in the first place. Just before we went on stage eariler I was having second thoughts- thinking that maybe you really did go to my high school. But that's crazy because I know you didn't. Maybe it's just me, or maybe-"

"Oh no...It's not just you." I cut him off. He nodded, seeming to understand. You've probably already guessed that Allie was Alex's nickname for me in my story...

"This is so fucking weird, isn't it?" Alex chuckled. I gave him a quick smile in return and nodded.

"Why'd you even write any of this in the first place?" He asked. I watched as he sprawled out on the floor, keeping his eyes on mine.

"I don't know. It just felt...right. I had just dropped out of college and was reconsidering my whole major and everything I had planned out for myself. My mom suggested I get back into writing. I told her I had nothing to write about, and she told me stick with easy topics for a while. I didn't really know what she meant exactly, but I used to write fan fiction years ago in high school. So I thought I'd start out with something like that. I started typing it on my laptop, but it didn't feel real enough to me, you know? So I bought this weird notebook...and well...here we are!" I grinned cheekily at Alex. He laughed and clapped his hands together.

"I guess that makes it a little less creepy." He joked.

"What's going to happen if we both start believing in this story just like everyone else already has?" My eyes were wide at the thought alone.
"Could that happen? Has that happened before? Is this actually a common thing but no one knows about it because they become brainwshed??" I was clearly starting to become overwhelmed.

Alex got up from his laying position and sat down next to me.

"Hey now, don't panic ok? And no more passing out-that shit is scary." He laughed a little, probably to try and lighten the mood.

"I'll try not to..."

"Let's just try and take this séance thing seriously, alright? The last one on the page is the one I was telling you about. That reverse life thing. And if that doesn't work then there's always tomorrow. We'll just have to keep each other in check with our thoughts. Just don't let me call you Allie."

"You should be a therapist." I mumbled. It was true. He was already keeping my thoughts in check with his rational words and calm voice.

He grinned.

"I don't think they let crazy people be therapists, Alice."

============

We ended the night by re-reading the unusual instructions, lighting more candles to replace those that burned out, forming a small circle, and trying our best to recite chants aloud without giggling too much. According to the insructions, after a few chants and the subject (me) chugs a bottle of water, the results can happen anywhere from immediately to overnight.

I'm not exactly sure how any of those things are supposed to transform a person back to a different life, but hey, we were obviously desperate.

"I can't drink water that fast, I'm not even thirsty."

"JUST DO IT!" Alex shouted. A few minutes later and after a few complaints from me, the "séance" was complete.

"That was the dumbest thing I've ever participated in." I told him. He rolled his eyes at me.

"Just watch, you're gonna wake up tomorrow in your own bed and say 'AH! Alex was right! Was a sexy genius he is!'"

"I am not going to say that."

We finished cleaning up the candles and such just as the guys were starting to return onto the bus.

"I'm gonna head to bed I guess..." I told Alex and Jack, who had just joined us.

"Good idea."

"Let me lay with youuuuu! We can watch videos on our phonessss." Jack whined. As tempting as it was, I denied his request. What if I actually did poof away while we were lying together? How traumatizing-I think I've put him through enough turmoil already.
He pouted and ran off.

"Goodnight, you crazy fan-fiction Alien." Alex laughed, giving me a hug. I smiled while hugging him back.

"Goodnight Alex."

"For the record...If anyone had to be randomly zapped onto our tour bus like this...I guess I'm glad it was a chill girl like you."

"Well...thanks." I smiled again.

I headed back to my bunk. Well...at least tomorrow morning should be interesting.A
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo!! Thank you all so much for subscribing/commenting/recommending and what not! It's seriously unbelievable so many of you read this! So now I guess I'll take the opportunity to shamelessly advertise my other Jack story, hahaha. I've had it a while, and it's definitely not as exciting as this one. But it is getting a little scandalous! (ahaha sorry, it's late...) But yeah, check it out if you're bored. Or don't, I don't care! Either way, THANKS FOR READING!! :)
UNORIGINAL JACK STORY LINK!