Status: Hi

I Could Write It Better Than You Ever Felt It

16.

"AH fuck, I hate doing interviews hungover." Zack mumbled. The rest of the guys agreed. They were all zipping up hoodies, grabbing their phones and getting ready to leave.

"Ready Alice?" Rian asked.

"I don't have to come. I mean, it's not like I'm in the band..."

"Matt's comin', and he's not in the band." Zack laughed.

"You always come to interviews, quit being a girl about it!" Jack joked. I sighed.

"Ok." I reluctantly went to grab my own hoodie.

"Hey, she doesn't have to come if she doesn't want to. I thought you wanted to call Becki today, anyway..." Alex sent me a knowing look and I nodded.

"Yeah, I did."

"Alright. Well then just chill here and we'll be back a little later."

My lips curved up into a satisfied smile as I waved goodbye to the rest of the guys. Jack flipped me off and I stuck my tounge out at him, and then they were gone.

I flopped down onto the couch with my cell phone in hand. I didn't really know what I was going to say to Becki when I called, but I was hoping that I would get some answers on how to get home.

The phone only rang once before I heard the familiar voice.

"Alice!

"Hey Becki! How are you?"

"Good, how are you!? I've been waiting for you to call me back, but I figured you've been busy with Jack and all...-" She began to laugh like crazy.

"Oh yeah, let me tell you..." I rolled my eyes sarcastically."

"So what's happening between you two?!" She asked, impatiently. I took a deep breath.

"Actually...Becki can I tell you something?"

"Oh my God, don't tell me you guys-"

"No! No, we didn't do anything. It has nothing to do with that. I want to tell you something but I don't think you'll believe me at all..."

"Try me."

I took another deep breath. This would never work.

"Ok well...I wrote this story about All Time Low a couple weeks ago, and now I'm in it...I'm in the story. And everyone believes that it's real life. Including you. I don't really know these guys. I'm not really related to Pete. Jack doesn't have feelings for me. I don't live in Maryland. Nothings real. It's all made up..."

There was a long pause.

"Was that like...a dream you had? That's pretty good, you should write that one down."

I sighed.

"No, it wasn't a dream. It's realy happening right now." I told her, but there was no hope in my voice. I knew she wouldn't believe me. If I were her I wouldn't believe me. But it was worth a shot.

"I think you need a nap." She laughed. I couldn't help but laugh along with her.

"Ugh, Becki, if only you knew. I need a break from this tour bus." Just as I had finished my sentence, the door to the bus swung open. Pete grinned at me as he walked in.

"Becki, I gotta go."

"Becki? Ask her if she's coming to moms party." Pete told me as he stood over me.

"When is it?" I asked.

"Tomorrow."
I practically choked on air.

"What?!"

"Yeah, I'll go." I heard Becki reply nonchalantly on the other line.

"Text ya later, Bec." I hung up and glared at Pete. He continued to smile at me.

"And WHEN were you going to inform me of this?!" I don't know why I was so upset, seeing as it wasn't even for my real mom. But I couldn't hold back. I think a part of me actually found joy in arguing with Pete.

"Right now. I just found out myself. Sam called and the only time we'd be able to really have enough time to set up and surprise her is tomorrow."

Sam was one of Pete's friends back home who was helping him plan this. Pete's mom lived in Chicago. I guess, according to the story, I lived with our dad, who moved to Maryland. So that's how I grew up next door to Alex. I wonder where the hell my real parents are now-a-days...

"We'll we can't just have it tomorrow, can we? You guys are on tour!"

Pete held up up three tickets.

"Tomorrow just so happens to be a day off. So we leave tonight and come back the morning after tomorrow. I already got the plane tickets. One for you, one for me, one for Jack."

"One for Jack? Why?"

"Don't ask me! You're the one who was freaking out saying you're only going to go if Jack goes."

"I don't remember that."

"Well I do. So he's coming."

"Well...fuck." That was all I could say.

"Better get ready!" Pete sang as he cheerfully walked away.

I'm telling you, never think 'how could it possibly get any more awkward?' Because it always finds a way.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for reading!