Status: Hi

I Could Write It Better Than You Ever Felt It

22.

"I have a surprise for you...in about an hour."

I should have known. My mother never said things like that. She had been acting strange all day. Those were the last words she said to me over the phone before hanging up. I had no idea where she was, but it sounded busy in the background. I should have put more thought into what was going on. I, of all people, should know that at this point-anything could happen.

Instead, I laid around my room in my famous pink pajama shorts and thought about All Time Low some more. This had become my life- Thinking about what had happened and why it happened and how I could get more answers. I couldn't listen to the bands songs anymore, it was too weird. And slightly emotional. I felt like I was going through a bad breakup. Actually, it was almost exactly like that; Obsessing over every detail of what happened, and thinking of things I should and shouldn't have done. It was strange. I knew I wasn't Alice Wentz anymore, but I still didn't quite feel like Alice Loran. Was I sill dreaming?

Sometimes it's funny when you find yourself in someone else's shoes. I mean, not always-sometimes it sucks. But once in a while something will happen that will make you go 'oh now I get it!' Maybe an example would be when you're a kid and your parents tell you not to run in a store, and you really can't see why it would be a bad idea. But then you get older and you're out trying to shop and kids are running around and it's annoying. And you get it-it all clicks together. If only you would have fully understood that when you were a kid, maybe things would have been easier. But that's life.

Another, even better, example could be when I woke up on All Time Low's tour bus. Alex found me and he freaked out. He didn't know what was going on at all. And once I figured out that it was my story coming true, that only upset him more. He hated that all of his friends knew who I was and he had no idea how I had even got there. He hated that I had scripted everything that was happening and that I knew every line his friends were going to speak before they even opened their mouths.

One week after I returned home, I got a better understanding about how Alex must have felt when I appeared on the bus. I found myself in his shoes for a moment.

I definitely wasn't prepared for what was waiting downstairs in my kitchen. I'm not sure why it never crossed my mind, because it probably should of. I tried so hard to convince myself that whatever happened, happened-and now it was over. But I should have known better. It was far from over.

I reluctantly walked down stairs after hearing my mother call my name. It was time for her 'surprise'. I really didn't believe that it would be true to it's name. I didn't know what it could be, and at the time I didn't really care. I hadn't put much thought into it, I was too busy thinking about my fantasy life.

As I reached the last few steps I could hear my mother chatting away in the kitchen. She was not alone.

"Here she is!" My mother announced excitedly as I appeared around the corner and into the kitchen door frame.

I froze.
I couldn't breathe.
My heart began to race.

It was Alex.

My mother surprised me with...Alex?

"It worked."
Alex muttered to himself from where he sat at my kitchen table. Him and my mother were drinking coffees together nonchalantly. I couldn't speak. I couldn't think.
I focused on Alex and he smirked at me.

I almost fainted again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Surprise! 71 subscribers, omgomgomgomg, thank you all so much!