Status: Hi

I Could Write It Better Than You Ever Felt It

27.

Three more months went by. I had completely convinced myself that fate wasn't real. I wasn't willing to admit that I could have imagined the whole thing, because it felt all too real for me. I decided that Alex probably has no recollection about what happened. Clueless. Wouldn't we have gotten in touch by now? I didn't know. It began to stress me out so much that one day I decided to head down to that old book store where I had purchased the journal. I needed answers or this was going to haunt me for the rest of my life.

On my way there I must have imagined a thousand scenarios that could play out. The old man would reveal all of the dark secrets of the journal. I would turn back into Alice Wentz as soon as I entered the building. Alex would be there waiting for me...Those were just to name a few. I hated to admit how much I hoped the last one would be true.

Unfortunately for me, none of those things happened. I stood in front of an OUT OF BUSINESS sign plastered on the door.

"Are you fucking kidding me right now!?!?" I yelled at the sign. Probably got some strange looks but I couldn't care less. I stood there for a good ten minutes, just waiting. I'm not exactly sure what I expected. Would the old shop owner just appear? Would Alex show up? Or, hell, maybe Ashton Kutcher would make an appearance- just to tell me I'd been punk'd.

None of them came. I was bitter. I was angry and sad and confused. I wanted to go home, crawl into my bed, and stay there forever. I sighed heavily and glared at the store sign one last time. I got about a block away before the universe began fucking with me once again. Via hand written flyer on a telephone pole.

!!!SURPRISE SHOW!!!
Tonight only!
ALL TIME LOW
&
PIERCE THE VEIL
@ Lakeview High, 8PM
ONLY TEN BUCKS, BITCHES!


Now, I know what you're thinking; Pierce the Veil is in town-sweet!

Kidding. My jaw dropped. I won't even try to explain to you what I was feeling as I read that flyer because it would be an understatement. I stared in awe for a few minutes and decided to ponder this as I continued my walk home. I was skeptical, of course. A hand written flyer and an impromptu show? Another block later and my jaw was back on the ground. Another telephone pole, another sign.

SERIOUSLY,
ONLY TEN BUCKS!
ALL TIME LOW
AT LAKEVIEW HIGH SCHOOL.
8PM TONIGHT!


"What the actual fuck...? Alright, who is messing with me!?"

I had no time to get deeper into my thoughts on this, because something caught my eye. It was a guy around my age wearing a black hoodie and tight jeans. He was across the street laughing on his cell phone. In his left arm he looked like he was carrying a bunch of these handmade flyers. I watched him struggle to hold his phone and stick a flyer on a building at the same time. I stared for a while. and I must have looked crazy to all the cars and people that passed me. I was in a pretty lively part of town. I ignored them as I tried to get a good look at his face. Once I did my heart stopped.

I nearly stopped traffic as I sprinted across the busy street.

It was Jack.
♠ ♠ ♠
WHAT! Thank you, thank you, thank you times a million to everyone that reads and enjoys this! I appreciate the subscribers and comments and messages so much! :D And now I will shamelessly tell you that I have 2 new stories; an original that no one probably cares about, but I enjoy it, and a ghost adventures fic. But yeah, if you're bored check them out. If not then that's cool too! THANKS AGAIN!!!