Status: Hi

I Could Write It Better Than You Ever Felt It

4.

Absolutely no way.

I was not about to sit there and basically read my own All Time Low fan-fiction to Alex Gaskarth.

This is not happening right now.
I shook my head quickly.

"No, I can't." I told him firmly.

"C'mon! Just give me a rough outline." He seemed amused.

I continued to shake my head 'no.'

"Well at least tell me who you are. And maybe why Jack was getting all...'friendly' with you."
He made a face of disgust, while I was sure my cheeks were burning up.
I took a few quick deep breaths.

"I'm Alice Loran. I live in Pennsylvania..."
Alex's eyes looked like they were about to pop out of his skull.

"What?! You live in PA!?" He stood up.

I nodded, slightly scared.

"Do you know where we are right now??" His arms were up in the air as he spoke.

Once again, I shook my head.

"Canada. We are in Canada." My eyes now matched Alex's.

"Holy sh-" I was abruptly cut off.
The door slid open, and Jack hopped in.

"You're taking too long!" He whined.

"GET OUTTA HERE!" Alex pointed at the door.

Jack pouted and walked off, looking much like a sad puppy. I chuckled as the door closed again behind him. Alex sat back down.

"Alright, alright. You're name's Alice, you live a million miles away, now what's with Jack?"

About a solid minute of awkward silence passed. I didn't intend on answering that question, but Alex was not going to give up.
Finally, I caved.

"We're, uh...close friends, and um...he likes me? But I don't like him back yet..."
I couldn't believe I was telling him this. He didn't say anything. He just kept staring at me with that amused look on his face. I felt like an idiot.

"I really might be sick..." I mumbled to him.
The anger and stress on his face actually disappeared for the first time. It was replaced by a grin.

"Hey, you wrote it, not me!" I groaned because he was right.

"So do you believe me?" I asked him. My voice sounded defeated, yet hopeful.
He sighed.

"I don't know. You don't look like a murderer or anything. You couldn't have snuck on here anyway. I don't know what to believe." He shrugged, leaning back in his chair.

"I'm not sure I really get the whole story thing, though?"
As our conversation was becoming more civil, I was becoming a little less nervous and more sure of myself.

"Everyone writes stuff like that! This doesn't happen to them!" I exclaimed.

I'm sure they all wished it would. Hell, if someone told me my fan-fiction was going to come true I would have been all for it. Well, a quick word of advice for all of you; You do not want this. I've never felt more stupid or embarrassed in my whole life. Completely mortified. Not to mention I also felt extremely creepy on top of all that.

"There's more than one of you?" Alex laughed. I was confused.

"What do you mean?"

"Writing this stuff?"

"Are you serious right now? You've never heard of fan-fiction?"
He was lying, right?

"I dunno." He shrugged his shoulders innocently.
I laughed out loud.

"I guess it's a good thing I didn't write a slash then." I told him in between laughs. He was clueless.

"I don't think I even want to know..." He said, making a face that was causing me to laugh even harder.

My laughter soon began to die down, and it was back to business.

"OK, anyways...so Jack wants you. We're all friends. Sounds easy enough." I nodded.
Seconds later, his words actually sunk in.

Was he actually going to go along with this?

"Wait, what?"

I tried not to sound too excited. As weird as this whole thing was, and as confused and nervous as I was, deep down a small part of me was starting to actually enjoy this. Probably that same twisted part of me that decided to write the stupid story in the first place.

"Well, I'm going to try and talk some sense into the guys...but they seemed pretty convinced about you. It's going to take a few days to try and get you a flight home, so I might as well know your story incase I have to go along with this shit." He crossed his arms infront of his chest as his finished speaking.

"You're sassy today." I blurted out.

He rolled his eyes.

"We'll tell them you hit your head too hard when you passed out, and you need to go home or some junk like that. Are you ok, by the way?"
I nodded.

"Yeah...but, I mean I hate to ask, but do you think I could lie down for a while?"

Without saying a word, Alex held his hand out to me and helped me up. I could tell he still wasn't thrilled about my presence, but still, I really couldn't blame him. I was thankful he had at least listened to my theory on how I had gotten there.

He led me back to where we had first met that morning.

"I guess you can have this bunk while you're here." He told me. I gave him a small smile in return.

"Thanks...I'm really sorry." He laughed it off, as if this whole thing was no big deal.

"It's ok. You must just be related to Harry Potter." He smirked.

With that he dissapeared to somewhere else on the bus. I was alone again in the small top bunk. I wanted to sleep for a while. I was so overwhelmed. I felt bad for Alex. despite his laughter and jokes, he seemed even more stressed out than me. Maybe if I slept, when I woke up I would be home again. It felt like hours pass by before I could even keep my eyes closed for more than a minute. Too many thoughts. Too many questions.

Just as I thought I was finally drifting into sleep, I felt the bunk curtain move. I kept my eyes shut. Trying to ingnore whoever was there was easier said than done.

"Alice!" Jack whispered loudly. My stomach filled with nervous butterflies.

"Hmm?" I mumbled.

"Alice, I want to talk to you!" I opened my eyes. This sounded familiar.

"What?" I asked him. Do you know how weird it is to try and casually talk to someone you've idolized for years? Very weird. It was hard enough adjusting to being around Alex all day. Throwing Jack and the rest of the boys in the mix was just too much right now.

"Hi." He smiled. I chuckled.

"Hello." I was afraid of what was coming next.

"Alice, I want to take you out." I frowned.

Oh no. No, no, no.

"I don't think so, Jack."

I wrote about this. These words he was saying weren't his. They were mine. This was no good.

"Pleaseeeeee, Alice! I need to talk to you about something."

And I knew what that 'something' was. Jack was going to take me out to dinner when we all had a free night on tour. He was going to confess his love for me, and of course I would be 'woo-ed' by his charm. Then we would start dating.
No. I was not ready for this. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't go along with this.

"Let's hold off on this conversation until tomorrow. I feel sick. I want to be alone."
Technically, I wasn't lying.

Maybe if I was short and cold with Jack, he would start to hate me. Could I alter how the story went in real life without re-writing it? I wasn't sure how these things worked. I found myself wishing I really was related to Harry Potter so maybe I could give him a call and he could help a sister out.

"Are you sure? I can lie with you if you'd like?" I mentally cursed myself for my writing.

This was all very sweet and everything, but with each word I was getting more and more uncomfortable.

"No thanks, Jack."
He gave me a sad smile and pulled the curtain back in place.

Now I definitely wasn't getting any sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Still can't believe how many people are interested in this story. Sorry if I'm letting you down with my crummy, over-tired writing. Lately the only time I have to write is at weird night hours. Also, sorry that the "spacing" or whatever is kind of weird? I don't know, it might just be me, but there's weird spacing between the sentences?, IDK, SORRY IF IT OFFENDS YOU! D:

But thank you for subscribing! You guys are coolcoolcoolcool.