Status: Hi

I Could Write It Better Than You Ever Felt It

8.

'"Hi, Hungover."

I flipped Zack off as I took a seat on the couch. It was late, already starting to get dark outside, but I had just gotten out of bed. I barely remembered the previous nights events. I did however remember Alex, and how he had helped me. Or at least I'm assuming he had helped me; I fell asleep on the floor and woke up in my bunk bed. I made a mental note to thank him.

"I told you guys that stuff gets you fucked up real quick!" Rian laughed, pointing to me on the couch.

"Guess you're right, Alice never gets sick." Zack observed, before getting up to leave the room.

"How do you feel?" Jack asked me. He was sitting in the middle of the floor, holding a stuffed tiger.

"Almost back to normal...what the heck is that thing?" I focused on the toy.

"Someone threw this at my head on stage last night." I laughed.

"That's a weird transition. First bras, now tigers..." Rian commented. I laughed even harder.

"Speaking of tigers, let's go out tonight!" Jack grinned at me. I made a face.

"That has nothing to do with tigers... And I'm not feeling up to going out..." I told him.
It was partially true. Last night was insane compared to my usual nights out. It took everything in me to not dwell on the sick feeling still lingering in my stomach.

"Hey, I'm down." Rian chimed in.

"No not YOU!" Jack glared at Rian. Putting on a fake offended face, Rian hurried out of the room.

"Screw you guys!" He called back behind him.

Jack smirked, then turned to look at me.
"C'mon, just dinner." He threw the tiger down and got on his knees.

"Please, please please, pleaseeeeee!" He added.

Just to clarify, Jack Barakat is on his hands and knees begging me to go out with him tonight. Do I thank myself for writing this or do I seek mental help?...

"I don't know..."

"Don't know about what?"

Alex appeared. For once I was relieved.

"I want Alice to come out with me tonight. It's our only night off for a while!"

I crossed my fingers that Alex would completely dissagree with Jacks plans and insist I stay on the bus, as usual. Then I wouldn't have to deal with Jack getting all sappy and romantic on me. I mean, sure it was tempting-But the awkward definitely out-weighs the good on this one.

"Cool." Alex said, sending me a subtle smirk. I sat there dumbfounded.

"What?"

"Sounds fun."

"You know you wanna!" Jack persisted.

"I do, but-" I was cut off.

"Great, one hour then!" Jack hopped up from the ground excitedly and ran off. Once he was out of sight my face changed from confused to panic stricken.

"Thanks a lot!" I told Alex, who had erupted into laughter.

"Shouldn't be so bad, seeing as you already know whats gonna happen Miss Storyteller."

"You're such a jerk!" I exclaimed, running my hands through my hair nervously.

"It's not like you've listened to me any other time! I thought you'd be happy to go out with Jack tonight."

"Well I'm not. Why are you suddenly up for letting me hang out with the others? Usually you want to keep me hidden in a bunk or something."

"I dunno," He shrugged. "You probably don't remember, but you and I had a little talk last night, and I realized maybe I'm being too hard on you."

"Did we?" I asked, playing dumb.

"Yep. It's very unlikely that you caused all of this to come true on purpose...So I'll lay off and let you have your little fun for the next day or so. I looked up plane tickets last night, and it's going to be a bit expensive to get you home since we're all the way in Canada. I'll have to pull a few strings, but we should have it figured out by Friday. Enjoy it now, you'll be back in Pennsylvania in no time."

"Oh...well...Thanks." I said with mixed emotion. Should I be happy that in a few days I'd be going home to my normal life? Or should I be sad that this was all slipping away just as fast as it had started? Not to mention there were a few flaws with his theory. What if after I returned home, the guys still remembered me? Would everything really just change back to normal like that? He was playing this off so cool and it just felt like there was so much more to it.

"And thanks for not letting me die last night." I added with a quick grin. I decided to return back to my bunk to mentally prepare for tonight. My thoughts were soon inturpted though.

"ALICE!" I heard from the front of the bus. I sighed heavily and made my way to were the voice was coming from.

"Quit leaving your shit on our bus!"

"Nice to see you too, Pete." I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact that Pete Wentz believed I was his sister. I could manage to fake a friendship with the rest of the guys, but to fake a sibling bond seemed too...bizarre.

"Here-where's Rian?" He tossed my wallet at me, which had my cell phone inside of it, before he disappeared into the back of the bus, shouting for Rian. I sat down in the nearest seat and looked inside. It was definitely mine. I hadn't seen it since I eneded up in this mess of a story.
I picked up my phone and searched through my messages for any kind of clue. Nothing out of the ordinary, except a text message from my best friend Becki.

'Call me NOW.'; was all it said.
Knowing Becki, that usually ment it was urgent. I noticed it was sent yesterday, probably around the same time I realized I was on All Time Low's bus. I also noticed that my battery was almost dead. I decided to charge it for a few minutes before making the call.

Once I found a charger and my phone was plugged into the socket in my bunk, I laid down and took a few more minutes to think. I felt like thinking was all I had been doing lately and it was failing to really get me any answers. While I thought, I mindlessly played with my wallet. I went through its contents noticing that everything was just as I had left it. Until I came across my license.

"No, No, No..." I mumbled. I held the license up to the light, as if I was ID-ing a minor at a convenience store.

Maryland. It was a Maryland ID.

Once again, I hopped out of my bunk and ran back to where I last saw Alex.

"Hey I need to talk to you." Pete told me as I passed by him and Rian.

"Not now." I told him. I felt pretty rude, but I had to keep reminding myself that he was my older brother. I was allowed to be rude.

"Alex... You might want to hold off on booking any plane tickets." He was in the same spot that I had talked to him earlier, lying with his feet up on a chair.

He looked up from his cell phone and gave me a puzzled look. Before he could say anything I handed him my ID.

"Oh fuck."
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow!-Thank you for commenting and subscribing and what-not! I'm glad you all like it so far! I was kind of letting this story slip but the last chapter got a lot of feedback and now I'm right back to being excited about continuing it. :)