Status: Just started(:

Trust No One, Not Even Those That You're Close To.

Meeting The Group

After what felt like hours, we finally reached Daryl's camp. I could clearly see from where I was that Gaven's eyes were scanning the property, probably looking for the quickest escape route if something were to go wrong. Daryl walked us up to his group, "Rick! C'mere for a minute!"

Suddenly a man in a police uniform approached us, "What's going on, Daryl?" His eyes scanned each one of us over as he waited for Daryl's response.

"I found 'em a ways over, stranded in a house," Daryl said, "Seems like they could handle their own." He added, slinging his crossbow over his shoulder.

Rick nodded, "Great, as long as you three are willing to pull you're weight you're more than welcome to stay. We could use all the extra hands we can get."

A sudden wave of relief washed over me, finally it would be more than just the three of us, "I'm Phoenix, these are my brothers, Gaven and Garrett, and we're more than willing to pull our own weight and help out."

I could see that Rick was really thinking about letting us stay, Daryl looked over at him, "Rick, we could always use the extra man power, especially if anything were to happen here, I know you don' want no more outsiders...."

Rick rubbed his face, "Fine, they can stay," he turned his attention back to the three of us, "The only thing is, you're gonna have to follow Hershel's rules. He owns this land, and he's been nice enough to let our group stay here. If you don't follow Hershel's rules, it will be the three of you going, I'm not going to put my neck on the line until I know you three are gonna pull your weight and stick around."

We followed a short distance behind Rick and Daryl as we approached the rest of their group. I could feel their eyes on us as we got closer, finally we stopped and I heard Rick speak, "Everyone, this is Phoenix, Gaven, and Garrett, Daryl found them and they've promised to pull their weight and help out around here. Do your best to make them feel welcome and help get them into the routine."

I shoved my hands into the pockets of my dirt covered and faded jeans as a woman with short hair came up to me, "Phoenix? I'm Carol, I'd be more than happy to help you get used to things around here."

A small smile crossed my lips, she reminded me of my mom, "Thanks, I really appreciate it."

She nodded, "Of course, oh, the woman with the long dark hair, that's Lori, Rick's wife and their son, Carl next to her..." She continued introducing me to everyone around the fire, and explained the people inside the house by telling me their names and what they looked like.

Lori came over to me, "Phoenix? We have an extra tent over there, between those trees, it's not very big, but it should work for now, at least until we figure out how to make enough room for all three of you comfortably."

I nodded, "That's fine, we appreciate it." I walked over to the tent and put our bags inside, there would be enough room for the three of us for a little while. I made myself a spot to the left of the door, the boys could sleep next to each other.

Gaven came over and knelt down next to the tent, "Are you really making the two of us sleep next to each other?" He groaned, knowing that Garrett was a restless sleeper and moved a lot.

"You two are fine next to one another, besides, I can't sleep in the middle, I have issues with small spaces you know that, and this tent with all three of us is going to bother me enough without having to sleep between you two." I told him, making myself comfortable.

Gaven sighed, "Fine, everyone is going to bed, Garrett should be here any minute, we're gonna start helping with watch tomorrow night." He said, laying down on the other side of the tent, "So we have to get our sleep tonight."

Garrett made his way into the tent and zipped it shut, laying in the middle, "What do you guys think about us staying with these people?" He asked in a whisper, I knew he would be the one to question it.

"We'll be fine here, there's nothing to worry about, I'm just begging the two of you to stay out of trouble and not cause any problems. I don't want it to go back to it being the three of us, I can't keep track of the two of you by myself." I turned on my side and sighed softly, this place had to be good for us, we would have to make this work.