Status: Just started(:

Trust No One, Not Even Those That You're Close To.

Not In This World.

The next morning I woke up and moved out of the tent, seeing Carol walking into the house, I quickly followed after her, "Hey, morning Carol!" I called out, hoping she would see me before she got into the house.

She turned and looked at me, "Good morning Phoenix, would you mind coming in and helping us make breakfast? I'm sure Maggie, Beth, and Patricia would love to have the help, and they'd like to meet you."

I smiled, following her inside, "I would love to help and meet them." I stopped just outside the kitchen as Carol walked in, standing next to the three other women."

"Girls, this is Phoenix, Daryl found her and her three brothers last night in the woods, said they were running out of supplies and needed a safe place to stay for a bit," Carol said smiling over at me, that was something I was quickly starting to enjoy being around Carol, she was such a caring person.

The girl with short dark hair, Maggie, walked over to me, "Come on, I could use some help with the potatoes for the hash browns." She walked over to the table, and I followed, sitting down next to her.

She started peeling the potatoes and looked up at me for a moment, "I know things can be difficult, but it'll all work out, especially if Daryl of all people brought you around, he's not exactly a people person."

Nodding, I started helping, "It seems like you guys have a great set up here, so you lived here before all this?"

Maggie nodded, "Yeah, this is our family farm, we've been here since I was born." After we finished our part of the food, Maggie invited me to follow her outside. I guess as long as I was doing something with someone, I was sort of helping out.

As we got outside, we stopped on the porch, and sat down, "Don't worry about anyone saying anything, I'd be more than happy to help you out." She was talking to me, but I could see her eyes following someone, turning my head I saw that she had to have been watching Glenn as he moved around with the rest of the guys.

A small smile crossed my lips as I looked at her, "Are you looking at Glenn?" I could tell by the look on her face that she wasn't planning on me noticing.

A sigh left her lips and she turned her attention back to me, "Yes, we um, went on a supply run a few days before you got here and well, some how in the middle of it all, we ended up, having sex..."

My eyes widened as I looked at her, "Are you serious? How do you even find the time to do that when you're out looking for supplies?"

She laughed softly, "I have no idea, it just kind of happened. It's not like we went out looking to do it. I guess it must have just been something about him..."

"So, do you like, have feelings for him, or was it just plain old sex?" I was honestly curious, because the look she was giving Glenn, it looked to me like she was really having feelings, but if she didn't want to admit it, I wouldn't blame her.

Maggie glanced back out towards Glenn, "Honestly, if anyone else were to ask me, I would say no, but I really think I could want something more than just the physical stuff with him, even in this situation..."

I shook my head quickly, "No, I think that in all honesty, sometimes in the world like this, you need to have stuff like that to keep everyone sane."

She nodded, "I guess that's true, what about you? Did you have anyone special before all of this?"

"No, I was too busy working in the car garage with my brothers," I laughed a little, "Who would have thought that working in a garage would have helped me now?" I looked out and saw Daryl walking out towards the woods with his crossbow.

Maggie must have noticed, "Phoenix, before you go thinking about him as anything, you should really get to know what he's like. Ask around, they'll all tell you, he's very anti-social, and doesn't like to be around people too much...I just don't want you to get your hopes up about him or anything...."

I knew she had to have been right, but maybe there was just a little bit of him that I could get through to? Besides, he seemed nice enough when we first met, I mean like she said, Daryl doesn't normally bring new people in, maybe there was something going on.