Status: Active

Cat & Mouse

Chapter 3

Suddenly the door opened and Serenity sprang into action as soon as she saw him. She jumped to David and Millie right before the cables reached them. They cables went off and Serenity gritted her teeth in pain, seething.

"David." Was all she said, exasperated.

He got the message and left with Millie.

"Just how did you escape last time, jumper?" The man asked with curiosity.

Serenity bared her fangs at him, which sent him backwards, and broke free of the cables with her immortal strength before jumping away from him.

"Now where to?" David asked.

They were in the colosseum again and all of them were looking terrified.

"To a friend's." Serenity replied before jumping, David grabbing her shoulder just in time with his hand interlocked with Millie's.

Serenity was immediately put in a chokehold against a wall as soon as she had jumped.

"And what are you doing here?" Griffin asked her without fear.

Serenity bared her fangs at him and he dropped her without emotion.

"You know, you can't just keep coming in here when you need help just because you're a vampire." He said then.

"Who is this?" David asked in confusion.

"This, my friends, is Griffin. He's a jumper, just like us." Serenity replied with a narrowed gaze on Griffin.

"Wait, there's more of you?" Millie asked in utter disbelief.

"Yes, and we don't appreciate to be caught up in other's trouble." Griffin replied, looking straight at Serenity.

Serenity jumped to him then, putting him against a wall with her body on him.

"Oh, come on, Griffin. You can't help us just a little bit?" She said, biting her lip and putting her hips against his seductively.

Millie rolled her eyes as David narrowed his in annoyance.

"Jesus, Serenity. You could make a pouf go bonkers." Griffin replied, out of breath, as he looked at her with lust-filled eyes.

Serenity smiled at him in response.

"Um, excuse me, but we do need some help here." David said then.

"What, are you jealous, mate?" Griffin asked, his eyes locked on Serenity's.

David glared at him, along with Millie. Serenity smiled wider at him and he smiled back.

"So, Griffin, about our problem..." Serenity said then.

Griffin got himself back together then and said, "Right, what's your problem, mate?"

"Roland is following us." Serenity replied, returning to serious in a second.

"Ah, Serenity, I thought you knew better." Griffin replied, walking away from her.

"After what happened last time, I thought you would've stayed off the radar." He added, looking back at her.

Serenity glared at David then and said, "I did."

"Yeah, but the problem is that I didn't." David replied then.

Griffin got an apple from his desk and sat on it before taking a bite.

"Yeah, well, that's not my problem is it?" He replied.

Serenity glared at him and replied, "Think, Griffin, he's being tracked."

Griffin put his apple on his desk and got up from it.

"What, and you brought him here?" He exclaimed, walking away from them very fast.

"I had no where else to go." Serenity replied, following him with David and Millie behind her.

"Well, too bad. I'm not helping you. You just got me into this mess, Serenity. Now, I'm being tracked. Thank you so much for that." Griffin replied, going toward his bus.

"Griffin." Serenity said in a warning tone as he got on the bus.

"Come on." She said to David and Millie as she climbed onto the bus.

"You're a real piece of work, you know that, Serenity?" Griffin said as they climbed onto the bus.

"Of course." She replied before he jumped them out of there and into traffic.

"Whoa!" Millie exclaimed in shock.

"It's okay." David said, calming her down.

"No, David, this is not okay! Let me out now!" Millie exclaimed.

"Oh, sure, love." Griffin replied as we came to a stoplight and he opened the doors.

"Millie, what are you doing?" David said as he ran after her.

"I'm sorry, David, but I can't do this." She replied when they were off the bus.

"No, don't say that. Come on, I'll protect you. I promise that I'll protect you." David said, holding her face in his hands.

"It's not enough, David. I can't live this life. This is your life, not mine." She replied sadly.

David turned away from her in anguish.

"Go, be with her. That's your life now." She added, pointing to the bus.

Serenity got off the bus then as Griffin jumped somewhere with the bus.

"His life is where he chooses to be. Whether with me or not. I can escape, he cannot." Serenity replied, glaring at her.

"Millie, I need you with me." David said, holding her hands in his.

"No, you don't." Millie replied before walking away from him.

David dropped his head and jumped somewhere, but Serenity caught his shoulder just in time.

"So, how are you going to help us?" David asked Griffin, back in his home.

"Well, now that we've got rid of the human. We can move a lot faster. First, we need to get you two some cars." Griffin said, eating more of his apple.

Serenity rolled her eyes and looked at David.

"He has a thing for cars." She said to him.

A look of understanding came over David's face with a small smile and Griffin smiled back at him in response as he took a another bite of his apple.

"Well, let's go, shall we?" Griffin said as he set his apple down again.

Serenity and David both jumped to him in time to jump with him to wherever he was going. They ended up in a car dealership's show room and started to go toward whatever car caught their eye. Griffin started up a silver BMW 3 Series Coupe, David a silver Toyota RAV-4, and Serenity a yellow Chevrolet Corvette.

"Always the show off!" Griffin yelled at her as Serenity gave him a smirk.

"Alright, let's go!" He said then, jumping out the window.

"David, you can do this! Just don't over think it!" Serenity yelled to him as David looked hesitant.

David braced himself and then jumped out of the window along with Serenity who gave him a smile at his work. She gave him a thumbs up once they were in traffic.

"Now jump through the traffic!" Serenity yelled to him and David gave her a crazy look.

But Serenity just laughed before following Griffin. David followed behind, scared at first. But then laughing with enthusiasm by the time they got to the end. They ended up at an airport and Griffin told them directions from there.

"You need to go somewhere on a whim throughout each day. Serenity, I'm sure you know some places. But first, go through somewhere by the airport and then jump somewhere else as soon as you get there. Roland will spend most of his time searching for you where you were." Griffin instructed.

"And what about you?" Serenity asked.

"I'll be finding another hiding spot, thanks to you." Griffin replied with a small smile.

"Thanks, Griffin." Serenity said sincerely with a smile.

"Yeah, thanks, man." David said as they turned around to leave.

"Oh, Serenity, if you ever need a place to hide out. I'll keep in contact. But next time, come alone." Griffin added before driving away.

Serenity shook her head with a smile on her face as she and David walked on.

"He really likes you, doesn't he?" David said with a small smile.

Serenity shrugged with the smile still on her face and said, "We're old friends."

"Old friends that used to..." David started, but Serenity cut him off with a look.

"Okay, okay! I'm just saying you two were pretty friendly back there. Were you guys in a relationship or something before?" David asked.

"It's none of your business, but I've never found a guy worthy of my time to get serious with honestly. It's always been no strings attached for me, because otherwise people get caught up in those strings." Serenity replied as they went to a line.

"But how do you expect to find love that way?" David asked.

"I don't." Serenity replied with a hard expression.

"What, why not? I thought every girl's dream was to find their true love, settle down, get married, and have kids?" David asked.

"That's not an option for someone like me." Serenity replied.

"Why not?" David asked again.

"Because of who I am, David." Serenity replied harshly, looking at David with narrowed eyes.

"Got it, I'll drop it." He replied back.