Status: Active

I Told You to Just Leave Me Alone

Chapter 1

A figure slowly walked down the street as the rain brought hell down around them. As they got closer, you could see who it was. Naomi Grace Richards, a seventeen year old girl, walking as always to the place where she was supposed to start the "time of her life", her senior year. She had skipped a grade for intellectual reasons. This is how a school day always started for her. She would survive through a day of dull school, go to her job at Starbucks, and then come home.

When she got home she'd try to be as quiet as possible, but her uncle would still hear her. He'd be drunk and she'd be afraid and run away. He'd be too fast, though, and catch her before beating her to a pulp while she screamed for mercy. She'd then wake up in the middle of the night in a room on the floor and her uncle would be passed out. Once Naomi knew it was safe, she'd heave herself up to take a shower and do her homework. After that she would brush her teeth, put heavy make up on to cover her bruises, and leave for school that started in 45 minutes, a three mile walk.

So there she was walking as she always does and just now arriving at the Townsend Harris High School in New York City. She wore an outfit that she really liked coming all from Hot Topic, not the most popular store at her school, more like if they had a choice of being naked and shopping there they'd be running around naked. No one paid attention to her, except for the freshmen, who she gave icy glares to, making them quickly hurry away. Angered with the attention of the freshmen, Naomi was looking for a way to vent her anger in her last period. Luckily, she found the perfect opportunity.

Jeremy Hunter was flirting with a sophomore girl, making her giggle like a two year old. With a scowl, she shoved past Jeremy with her shoulder, making the girl immediately go all over him "to see if he's "alright". She rolled her eyes, but could feel Jeremy's glare on her, making her smirk. Then she sat in a seat, crossing her arms and legs, staring straight back at him.

He narrowed his eyes even more and said, "You're a real fucking bitch, you know that?"

Naomi touched her heart and put on a smile before saying, "Aw, thank you, Jeremy. That's the sweetest thing you've ever said to me."

The bell rang, but he still glared at her, making her smile even wider at him, only then did he sit down. The rest of the period was boring as the teacher lectured and all the students took notes. When the bell rang Jana, Jeremy's usual whore, was waiting outside for him to make out. She gave Naomi an icy glare, but she ignored her, knowing she wasn't worth her time. She and Jeremy were the only ones who even paid attention to her anymore, well, except for the stupid freshmen.

She walked on and eventually ended up at Starbucks to start her closing shift.

As she was putting on her uniform the manager passed by her saying in monotone, "You're late again."

Naomi looked up as she was putting her hair in a ponytail before saying, "Yeah, I know, it won't happen again. I promise."

The manager turned around with her arms crossed and a serious expression on her face. She was average sized and average looking with plain brown eyes and hair.

"You said that the last four times, Naomi." She stated.

Naomi's eyes darted to the left before saying, "Yeah, I know, it's just I-"

However, she was cut off by her manager who said defiantly, "You're fired."

Naomi looked at her incredulously before saying quietly, "You've got to be kidding me..."

"I'm sorry, Na-" The manager started, but Naomi cut her off this time.

She held up her hand and looked down to take off her apron, "Save it."

With that being said she set the uniform on the counter, walked swiftly out of the coffee store, and slammed the door on her way out. Once she was out she put her hood up and kept her hands on the sides, it was raining again and she had no place to go. Her eyes scanned the buildings for anywhere that she thought would be suitable for her situation. They ended up landing on the local Manhattan Mall. She hesitated for a second, but the sudden down pour made up her mind.

When Naomi got inside she went to the little girl's room. Once inside the handicap stall, she went to the mirror and put her hands on the side of the sink to steady herself. She hated public places, they put her on the edge. When her breathing was controlled, she slowly looked up into the mirror. The reflection of herself made her scowl.

The make up she had put on to cover her bruises had washed off from the rain and she could see the many scars and purple bruises. Her hair didn't look the best either and she felt an uncomfortable stickiness from her wet clothes. She watched as her left hand slowly made it's way to the left pocket of her jacket. Her fingers held the things that were her escape from hell tightly. It was only four things, but those four things were the only things keeping her alive. A shiny sleek silver razor blade, a small packet of cocaine, a small carton of cigarettes, and a small bagged mixture of certain pills/drugs.

Naomi weighed her options carefully in her head. The razor blade is sufficient, but would only leave a huge mess. The cocaine wouldn't be as messy, but it's not as sufficient. The cigarettes smelled too much and she didn't want to go outside again. So that just leave's the a choice of a pill.

She brought the small packet out and looked down at them thoughtfully. Which one today? Her eyes stopped on a blue pill with a "v" cut in the middle. Perfect, she thought to herself as she got it out of the bag. She put it in her right hand and put the pill packet back in her left jacket pocket. Then she went out of the bathroom and took it by taking a drink from a water fountain.

Naomi saw her image again, but just stared back blankly this time. She was going to fix this, even if it took all night. With that thought, she took off into mall doing whatever she felt was needed to fix her askew appearance. She bought new "waterproof" makeup putting it on in the bathroom, went to the salon to get her hair done, and bought some new clothes which she put on in the bathroom as well. Putting her old wet clothes in a shopping bag, her stomach growled. She hadn't eaten anything for two days and it was 8:00 PM.

So she went to the food court and got herself some chinese food. When she was done it was 9:00 PM, she savored every bite since she knew that it would be a while when she got to eat again. A little voice inside her mind was telling her she was spending too much money. Her uncle may be extremely rich, but he never gives her any money. Naomi had to live on what money her parents left her which is $100 every month, though she steals occasionally from her uncle.

Though her thoughts told her not to, she bought a ticket to watch the movie All About Steve. She hadn't seen a movie in a theatre in a long time. However, she was a little more than annoyed leaving the theatre when the movie was over. The movie wasn't as great as she thought it was going to be, making it a waste of a good $7.50. She looked at the time on a clock in the theatre and found it was 11:00 PM.

Frowning, she wished that time didn't go by so quickly, but left anyways. When she got outside, it was cold, but she wasn't ready to face what was waiting for her at home so she took a detour to Central Park. She got there fine, observing the beauty of it and the sky while walking through. When she got to the end of it, she exhaled a sigh, making a puff of smoke come out of her mouth from the harsh cold weather. Figuring it was probably very late, she decided to go and head on home. Maybe with a little bit of luck her uncle would be at a bar, passed out, or perhaps, dead and in his will decided to give her his whole fortune.

Naomi smirked to herself, knowing it was utterly impossible. Because #1: Her uncle was in his 30's and healthy as a horse, despite his drinking problem. Two, he doesn't care enough to write a will. Three, she doesn't think he cares about anyone or anything in the world, except for making money. Finally #4, if he did care about anyone, the last person in the entire world would be her. She frowned at her own thoughts, but kept walking till she got to her street.

When she did, her stomach knotted up. She ignored it though, thinking it was just the crappy Chinese food she ate. Great, I probably have food poisoning now. The knots tightened up though as she neared her house, almost to unbearable pain. What the hell is wrong with me? She thought to herself in confusion as she doubled over, clutching her stomach.

Naomi continued on, however, ignoring the pain in her stomach, which was causing great torture. When she got to the driveway, she could see inside the house was total darkness. Maybe, he is at a bar! She thought to herself hopefully. She opened the front door as quietly as she could when she got to it and peeked her head inside before walking in. Then she stepped inside, knowing it was safe, and crept up to her room silently.

She was surprised that she even got inside her room when she got there, the pain in her stomach surprisingly stopped. Where was her uncle? She shrugged it off though and set her stuff down before going into the closet. She turned on the light and shut the door behind her before changing into her pajamas, plain black boy shorts and a lacy crimson camisole. When she opened the door, she jumped backwards and fell from the fear that struck her.

"Why, hello there, Miss Richards."

Standing there in her closet doorway was a guy in his twenties with a smirk on his face. He wore a plain black shirt with some ripped up dark jeans. If he was just walking around Times Square, she would classify him as hot. However, he wasn't. He was currently a stranger in her room and something told her he wasn't just lost. She looked around wildly for something, anything she could use as a weapon...nothing.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" Naomi asked him with a glare.

He chuckled and said, "You'll find out within time."

Then she heard the front door open and an unfamiliar voice yell from downstairs, "Hey, Kevin, did you find him?"

The guy that was standing in front of her turned then to answer, but she didn't wait for him to. She reacted quickly by flying out the closet, but she was yanked back by her shoulders before she made it. When she hit the floor, she felt a sharp pain in her right arm before she opened her eyes in discomfort. The guy was looming over her and was shaking his head. She tried to get up, but found she couldn't no matter how hard she tried.

"No, I didn't find him, but I think I found his daughter..." The guy replied.

Naomi was soon panting from her failures of trying to move and she tried to ask what he did to her, but nothing came out. She opened and closed her mouth a few times trying to say something and ended up trying to scream.

The guy started laughing and said, "Don't bother trying to say anything or move, it won't work. Besides your vision should start fading soon as well."

Just like that her vision began getting blurry with every second after he said that, until it was completely gone. She was in total darkness. She found she could hear though when the other guy came into her room. Her heart pounded rapidly inside her chest and she could hear it in her ears.

"Whoa, you weren't kidding, I didn't even know the guy had a kid." The one who came into the room said.
They're looking for my uncle aren't they? I'm not his daughter, I don't think he could bear to have a kid. Furthermore, how did he know we were up here? This is a mansion for crying out loud! It'd take forever to find someone, if you were a stranger to this house.

"Yeah, but be careful what you say around her I used the shot on her instead of him, so she can still hear everything we're saying." The first guy replied.

Naomi heard the front door slam open again and wondered how many there were of them.

"Matt and Kevin, what's taking so fucking long?" Yet another guy bellowed, almost like a growl, from downstairs.

She noticed then that all of them have unique accents.

It seemed like the two hesitated before answering at the same time in unison, "Coming!"

She felt someone suddenly grab her from her back and she felt like she was flying for a second, but then it came to an abrupt stop.

It was quiet for a while before the third voice came again like before but quieter, "Please tell me you killed him and that this is just your passed out girlfriend."

Silence followed again until Naomi heard a furious yell and ended up getting knocked down from who ever picked her up to the floor. She cursed inside her head annoyingly.

"Where is he?" The third one demanded menacingly.

Naomi heard some choking noises and her heart hammered wildly inside her chest.

"We...don't...know..." She heard the first guy's voice manage to say.

Then she heard the second's as well, "He...wasn't...here..."

Hearing some more choking noises, her heart was in shock. Was the third one going to kill them?! But after she thought this in horror, she heard what sounded like two boulders falling to ground and heard the two gasping for breath.

"We...think...that's...his....daughter..." One of the two wheezed out, his voice breaking on the last word.

It was silent for a moment before the third one spoke again softly, but harsh, "Get up."

"We'll just have to use her to find him." He added and his voice got louder then.

She realized he was right over top of her.

Naomi was picked up then by the waist by only one arm and thrown over his shoulder like she was a rag doll. Great! She knew she shouldn't have treated herself today because something bad would've happened. Yet she didn't know it'd be this bad. God, why are you out to get me? What did I ever do to you?

"We'll find you, Lucian, and when we do we'll kill you and your precious daughter right in front of your eyes." She heard the third one whisper and fear struck through her whole entire body.

She knew that if she wasn't scared before, she was now.