Status: Active

I Told You to Just Leave Me Alone

Chapter 5

"What did you have in mind?" Naomi asked with a suspicious look in her eyes.

"Do you like swimming pools?" Samuel asked with a smirk on his face.

"Um, yeah." Naomi replied, while looking at the table in thought.

Why not? She thought to herself.

"Well, I'll go tell the boys and you go get ready." He replied with that smirk still on his face.

"Okay, see you in a few." Naomi replied, getting up from the table.

As she walked to her room, she wondered what she was getting herself into. She didn't even know how to swim... But maybe some bonding time with the boys would be good for them. She looked through her closet for the swimsuit she just got today before putting it on. It was a simple black swimsuit, but it suited her pale skin.

All of a sudden, the door opened as she was putting on her top. Her eyes went wide and a crimson blush came on her face as she tried to cover herself with it. It was Sam and his eyes went wide as well as a slight blush came on his face.

He averted his eyes to the floor then and said, "Sorry, I'll just wait outside until your done."

He closed the door then gently and Naomi hurriedly put on her top with the crimson blush still on her face. Then she grabbed a white towel from the bathroom, which she wrapped herself in to make herself feel more comfortable. She went to open the door as calmly as she could, but her eyes were to the floor.

"Right, well, follow me to the pool." Samuel said before walking towards the stairs.

Naomi followed quietly and wasn't sure what to say in this situation. By the time they got to the pool, Naomi had completely lost track of where her room was. Samuel held the door open for her with a small smile. Naomi blushed slightly and went through the door only to come to a stop. The pool was only a few steps away from the entrance and it was beautiful. Simple, but beautiful.

It was a three lane pool and designed for swimmers to do laps back and forth. Matt and Kevin were already there, racing furiously against each other. She had never seen anyone move so fast in her life. Samuel came to her side and let out a loud whistle. Matt and Kevin immediately came to a stop at the front of the pool with wet, tousled hair and smiles on their faces.

"Hey, guys, come on in." Kevin said.

Naomi gave him a small smile before sitting down at the edge and putting her feet in. She got weird looks from the two before Samuel suddenly did a cannonball into the water, splashing everyone. Naomi let out a small scream of excitement and surprise, while the other two laughed. Samuel came up out of the water with a huge smile on his face. Then, in a blur, he was throwing Kevin into the water with a single arm.

Naomi watched with wide eyes as the fight had begun.

"They're kind of juvenile..." Matt said to Naomi, who came to rest against the wall Naomi was sitting on.

"Who are you calling juvenile, cousin?" Samuel said suddenly then as he started to come near him.

"Sam, don't." Matt said with wide eyes and a scared look.

"What's wrong, cousin, don't you want to play?" Samuel asked with a devilish smile.

Naomi smiled at them in amusement.

"Yeah, come on, brother." Kevin joined in then.

"Let's see how tough you are in the water." The younger brother taunted then.

Matt instantly turned competitive then and had dunked his younger brother in the water in an instant.

"Who's tough in the water now?" Matt said as he did so.

Just then, Samuel had caught Matt by the throat with his arm and dunked the cousin powerfully into the water.

"Hey, Naomi, don't you want to join?" Kevin asked then.

"Yeah, let's play chicken!" Matt added then as he came up from the water.

Naomi was hesitant and Samuel watched her with careful eyes.

"Sure." Naomi replied after a moment of silence.

She slipped off her towel and slowly lowered herself into the water. She was happy to find that it came just above her chest.

"Who's with who?" Naomi asked then.

"I say it's us, two, against them." Samuel said with a challenge in his eyes.

"Alright, you're going down, Knight." Matt said with a competitive tone.

"Um, I'm not so sure this is a good idea..." Naomi said then, but Samuel suddenly had her on his shoulders.

A blush came on Naomi's face and Kevin went on top of Matt's shoulders.

"Don't worry, I'll take it easy on you, Naomi." Kevin replied with a smile.

"Hey, I'm not that weak!" Naomi exclaimed then with a deeper blush on her face.

Kevin just chuckled and replied, "Alright, let's see then."

After falling twice and dunking Kevin once, they decided to trade off teams. It became her and Matt against the other two. Kevin ended up going down twice this time and Naomi only once.

"It's your fault we lost, Samuel. If you could only hold me steady, we would've won." Kevin accused.

"Well, maybe, if holding you wasn't like holding a tree then I could've." Samuel replied gruffly.

Naomi and Matt laughed before high-fiving each other.

"Yeah, great team work, Naomi!" Matt said triumphantly.

"Yeah!" Naomi replied enthusiastically.

"Alright, you two, time to switch." Samuel said then with a slight smile.

It became Kevin and her against the other two, Samuel on Matt's shoulders. Naomi and Samuel locked eyes and couldn't stop smiling at each other as they wrestled against each other. Samuel ended up falling for some reason and Naomi laughed.

"Come on, man. That's just weak." Kevin said from underneath Naomi.

"Ha, I say we take a break." Samuel said as he looked at Naomi with a smile.

Kevin took Naomi gently off his shoulders then with a smile.

"Sounds good to me. It was getting pretty embarrassing seeing you guys get dunked by a girl anyways." Matt replied with a wink to Naomi.

Naomi gave him a smile back.
"Hey, she's a strong girl." Kevin retorted.

"Aw, poor little Stanford, getting dunked by a little girl." Matt said in baby voice.

Kevin went over to dunk Matt then, but failed and Matt ended up dunking him instead.

"Ha-ha!" Matt said as he broke the water's surface.

"Yeah, well, I challenge you to a duel." Kevin said.

"What kind of duel, does thy brother wish?" Matt asked, entertaining himself.

"A duel to the death." Kevin replied.

"A duel to the death? Does thy brother suggest what thy think he does?" Matt said, still entertaining himself.

"I think thy does." Kevin replied in a serious tone.

Matt chuckled then and replied, "You're on."

In two blurs, the two were gone from the room.

Naomi was laughed and said, "What was that all about?"

"It's a favorite pastime of theirs, video games." Samuel said with a roll of his eyes.

"Oh." Naomi said with a laugh.

"Yeah, it's pretty entertaining to watch actually." Samuel said, while looking at the water with a smile.

"I'm sure it is." Naomi replied, smiling at him.

He looked up slightly at her and gave her a smile back. All the awkwardness of before was gone now.

"Yeah, well, do you want to do a race?" He suggested.

Naomi looked uncomfortable then and replied, "Well, I don't know how to swim, exactly..."

Samuel's eyes went wide then and he replied, "What?"

Naomi became even more uncomfortable and replied louder, "I said that I don't know how to swim."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took me so long to update. I was pretty busy with school and such & I kind of got bored with the story and wasn't sure where to go with it... If you're still reading it and want me to keep updating, don't be afraid to leave a comment telling me so (: