Status: Active

I Told You to Just Leave Me Alone

Chapter 7

"Wake up, sweetheart. It's time to get up." A familiar rough voice said as they lightly tapped Naomi's cheek.

Naomi made a noise of protest before fluttering her eyes open. She took in a gasp and her heart went in overdrive when she saw who was smiling at her.

"There she is." Seth said with a smile on his face, exposing his fangs.

"Now, tell me. Where is your uncle?" His expression dropped to completely serious and deadly when he asked her.

Naomi dropped her gaze and looked at the wall next to her. Seth grabbed her chin forcefully then.

"Hey, I'm talking to you. Now, tell me, where is your uncle?" Seth said roughly looking into her fear-filled eyes with a blank look on his face.

He dropped his hand then and waited carefully for her reply.

"I don't know." Naomi replied with wide eyes of fear.

Seth chuckled darkly and looked away from her with a smile. It happened in a blur of motion. All of a sudden, she was being strangled and her feet were off the ground. Seth looked at her with deadly eyes and her heart hammered sporadically in her chest, fighting for oxygen. He tightened his grip with a more menacing look before dropping her and looking away. She collapsed on the ground and struggled for air.

"I had a feeling this would happen. So until we find him, you're going to stay here as our prisoner. And if we don't... Well, you don't want to know what will happen then..." Seth said as he walked away from her before closing the door.

Naomi curled herself into a ball on the floor then and cried silently to herself. How did she get herself in this mess?

* A Little While Later *

Naomi heard the door open and close, but stayed how she was on the floor.

"Grace. Grace, are you here?" She heard Samuel's voice whisper.

Her heart ached inside her chest and she almost cried out in happiness, instead a small whimper passed through her lips.

"Oh, God, Grace. Are you okay?" Samuel said, coming over to her.

He sat her up carefully and rid her face of the stray tears that still lingered. There were bruises and gashes all over his body. Seeing them made her want to cry even more. She did that to him. It was her fault. Everything was her fault.

"I'm sorry..." Naomi whispered, looking into his own eyes with hope-filled ones.

"Oh, it's okay, baby. I swear that we'll get you out of here, I promise." Samuel replied with a serious expression.

Hearing this made Naomi even more upset, what would they do to him if they found out? Would they finish him for good? Naomi couldn't bear the thought of it. He was the only one who had shown her true kindness and caring. He didn't deserve to die, because of her. Her head dropped in sadness and realization.

"Naomi, what's wrong? Sweetie, look at me." Samuel said as he tried to catch her gaze, finally he took her chin in his hand and forced her to look at him.

Naomi stared blankly back at him and he dropped his hold on her. She summed up all the courage she had and anger she still had left in her body. She relived every moment of hell that she went through because of her uncle and "Jeremy". She understood that none of this was her fault now and filled her body with hatred. Hatred for Seth and her uncle for having her parents killed and getting her in this situation. She would never forgive them and she wouldn't let Samuel die because of them or her.

"I hate you, you stupid vampire. You're a monster. Get out of my face and don't ever come near me again. You hear me? I hate you and I hope you never find my uncle!" Naomi spat in Sam's face before getting to her feet to yell at him.

"Grace..." Samuel said in shock.

Naomi mustered all the strength she had left in her body to give him the worst look she could. Samuel turned serious then as he evaluated her expression.

"If we don't find him, you'll die." Samuel said then with a hard expression.

"You think I don't want that? You think that I don't want to just end this pathetic life I've lived already? What do I have to live for? Certainly, not you, if that's what you were thinking." Naomi added with bitterness.

Samuel clenched his fists at the remark and she could tell that she had hit the nerve she was searching for.

"Fine, die for all I care, you worthless piece of trash." Samuel spat at her with venom in his words.

He walked swiftly out of the room then and slammed the door on his way out. Naomi closed her eyes as he left and collapsed again when the door shut. She cried silently to herself again and she wished that she still had her stash to deal with the pain. She tried to make do with biting her lip and clenching her fists so tightly that her nails made red marks into her palms. But the pain in her heart wouldn't stop.

She walked to the door then and threw it open before storming out. She passed Matt on the way down the hallway and to the stairs. He called after her, but she couldn't hear him. She walked swiftly to the kitchen and pulled out a carving knife.

"Wait, Naomi, what are you doing?" Matt asked in caution.

Naomi still couldn't hear him though and she held the knife away from her with both hands on the hilt.

"Wait, Naomi!" Matt yelled as she thrusted the knife down towards her abdomen.

Matt used his enhanced speed then to get to her. But he was clumsy and ended up knocking her out on the counter.

Naomi let the black cover her vision with peace in her mind. She wanted it to end. She wanted to only see this. She wanted to never see his face again. To never remember who he was or what he did. Who they were or what they did.

She just wanted it all to come to an end.

* That Night *

Naomi awoke to voices all around her. She could feel cold metal around her wrists again.

"She's never going to make it through that, Seth." Matt said above her to the left.

"Who makes the decisions now?" Seth replied gruffly.

"You can't do that to her." Kevin said then at the foot of her bed.

"Watch me." Seth growled back.

"Sam, say something." Kevin added then.

It was quiet for a while then.

"Do what you want with her. What do I care?" Samuel replied then to her left.

She heard footsteps leave her room then and silence filled the air again.
"Fine, whatever, just leave us out of it." Matt replied then and she heard both cousins leave the room swiftly.

It was silent for a moment again.

"It seems little Sam has had a change of heart." Seth said suddenly, right above her.

Naomi opened her eyes in shock.

Seth smiled at her and added, "There she is."

"I knew you were awake." He said, going away from her then.

There was a table of all sorts of instruments in front of her at the foot of the bed. He started to mess around with a short knife. Naomi's gut dropped and she swallowed hard.

"Do you know how your government interrogates criminals that they want information out of?" Seth asked then as he inspected the knife.

Naomi squirmed against the chains and replied, "What are you going to do to me?"

Seth looked at her then with a deadly smile and her heart stopped cold.

"I just want some information on your uncle is all." Seth said then with the smile still on his face as he came towards her.

Naomi backed away from him into the headboard and gazed at the knife fearfully.

"Get away from me." She said, terrified.

"Just tell me where your uncle is, Naomi." Seth replied, putting the knife to her thigh.

Her eyes darted to him then and she replied, "I told you that I don't know where he is."

Seth chuckled lightly and with a swift movement the knife was in her thigh. Naomi screamed out in shock and pain. She was sure that the whole house shook from the piercing sound.

"When you're ready to tell me, I'll be back." Seth said roughly.

The smile was gone now. Naomi whimpered and gasped out in shocked breaths.

"Until then, have fun dealing with that wound." Seth added, throwing the handcuff key at her and leaving.

Tears leaked out of Naomi's eyes and she started to cry again.