I Do

One Shot

Something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue. Today was the day and the blush on Cassadee’s cheeks would not go away no matter how much she tried. She stared at the dress that hung on the back of her closet door. It was long and slimming, mermaid styled and white. She nibbled on her bottom lip and giggled softly to herself, thinking of how today would go. She had had butterflies in her stomach all morning and it was only 1 in the afternoon. The wedding was at 4. Her fingers brushed over the white fabric, still smiling. She couldn’t believe she was actually getting married after all this time of just being with Rian. Her goofball, how she loved him. She still remembered the first time they met clearly; it was on Warped Tour 2010 and Hey Monday and All Time Low were both there among all the other bands. She doesn’t quite know what clicked the two bands to become so close, but damn was she thankful they had. Rian was wearing a Blink 182 shirt when All Time Low hung out off to the side of the stage and watched Hey Monday perform at the 4th date of the tour. They were introduced to each other by Alex and the rest is Riassadee, as they fans liked to call them.
Thinking of the nickname, she chuckled softly and shook her head. Her hair fell over her face as she turned her head to look at the clock. 1:03pm. Time was going to tick by painfully slow until she was walking down the aisle toward her man. A knock on the door made her jump, and small laughs came from the other side.
“Oh bride-to-be, let us in!” Her sister called from the other side. Cassadee chuckled to herself as she turned the knob to open the door and her mother, Ashley and her friends Liz and Lisa scurried into the room. Lisa, Liz and Ashley held their bridesmaids dresses in their hands and they hung them up before turning back to the guest of honour. “How are you feeling?” Ashley piped up.
Cassadee couldn’t help but giggle, again. “I’m wonderful.” She said softly, shaking her hand, her hands came up to cup her cheeks.
“We’re so happy for you, Cass.” Lisa chirped, Liz nodding in agreement. The girls stood around for a moment, just smiling at the brunette, making her blush and hide her face behind her hands and shake her head.
“Well c’mon now, let’s get started!” Her mother chimed in, leading her daughter over to a chair in front of a full length mirror. The girls huddled around her with a curling iron, make up and jewelry, ready to completely transform the girl into a beautiful bride.

On the other side of town, Rian was pacing the spare bedroom of his best friend Alex’s apartment. One he used to share with Alex.
“You’re going to walk a hole in my floor, Ri.” Alex said with a sigh as he leaned against the wall, simply watching him.
“Do you think she’s okay at home?” Rian asked as he walked. It was the first time Cassadee and he had spent a night apart for a while, and only because it was the wedding and nerves were high, he was flipping out about it. Suddenly, he stopped and looked at Alex with a dead serious face. “What if she doesn’t show up? What if I’m left at the alter?” He began to panic.
“First off, she’s fine. Lisa would have texted me if otherwise.” His friend pushed himself off the wall and moved closer. “Second, she’s going to show up so quit stressing. You guys are Rian and Cassadee; the power couple of power couples, ok? Chill out.” Alex stated.
Rian let out a huge breath he had been holding and nodded. “Yeah, you’re right.”
“I know.” Alex mumbled, nodding.
“It’ll be fine.” He looked up and nodded again, smiling. “It’ll be perfect.”
Alex chuckled. “Just go get changed, man. You don’t have much longer and you’ve got to be there before her.” He said, pushing his friend toward the closet where his suit hung.
Rian pulled open the closet and tugged out the suit in its bag. He shut the door, blocking Alex out into the hall before stripping of his sweats and pulling on his suit. Just as he was about to open the door, it flew open and a wild Jack Barakat flew through the doorway, singing the wedding march very loudly and very off key. Behind him, Rian spotted Zack standing by Alex.
Rian laughed as Jack finished and bounced into a pose. “Very nice. Though I could have been butt naked y’know…would have been nice to knock.”
Jack shrugged. “Not like none of us haven’t see our own nudity before.” He said before running out of the room to fetch his own groomsmen suit. The boys moved to change into their suits and all waited for Rian to stop fiddling with his hair. He pushed it in every direction a few times and repeated.
“I liked you better when you were bald.” Alex muttered, looking at him through the reflection of the mirror from behind him. “You look beautiful, Princess. Let’s go!”
Rian huffed and dropped his hands. “Fine. I’m done.”
“Finally.” Alex exclaimed with a small laugh and started down the stairs with Rian, Jack and Zack following close behind him. The boy’s piled into Alex’s car and headed toward the church.

Once there, Alex walked over to the other side to where the girls were getting ready to check up on everything. He knocked a few times on the door before peeking in.
“Hope no one’s naked.” He said as he poked his head in with a grin. He stepped in at the sound of laughter and smiled at them. Lisa came over to hug him and compliment him on his attire. He kissed her cheek and return the compliment before looking from her to the older Pope sister. “Everything okay over here?”
Ashley nodded. “Everything’s peachy.” She said with a grin.
“Who’s in here? Rian can’t be in here, he’s not supposed to see me yet!” Cassadee’s voice traveled from the small bathroom in the dressing room.
Alex chuckled. “It’s just me, Cass. He’s over in his room. We told him he’s grounded for another half hour in there.”
“Oh. Okay, good. Hi Alex.” She said as she appeared from the room. Alex’s jaw dropped; his friend looked absolutely magnificent. He hair fell in loose waves around her face and her dress fit and hugged her every curve perfectly. A picture perfect bride. Cassadee chuckled and bit her lip. “Like it?” She asked, spinning around so the bottom of her dressed flared out.
Alex nodded. “You look beautiful.” He said, walked over to kiss her head. They hugged for a moment before Alex pulled away. “Oh and tonight, be gentle with him. He’s mine to, y’know.” He joked.
The group laughed before Alex left the room, kissing Lisa’s cheek once more and disappearing.

Stunning, beautiful, gorgeous, striking – nothing compared to how perfect Cassadee looked as she walked down the aisle. Her heart fluttered at a rapid pace the closer she came to her fiancé. She handed her bouquet of flowers to Ashley once she reached them with a small smile. Her sister winked at her. She giggled softly and turned to Rian who took her hands in his. He flashed her a faultless smile as the priest began to speak. Cassadee barely took in a wore he said; she was far too caught up in Rian before her. She was pulled back when Alex handed her a ring, hinting it was her turn to saw her vow. With a deep breath, she took his hand and held the ring above his finger.
“Rian, no words can express how much I love you. I never would have thought you’d mean this much to me when we first met that summer. You are wild, fun, crazy and a total nerd and I love that about you so much. You have always supported me no matter what and you are one of the most loyal people I have ever known. You sing off key to the radio like no one is there and you are not afraid to be yourself no matter where you are and I don’t stand a chance whenever you smile. Forever is a long, long time, but it means more than the world to me knowing that I get to spend it by your side. I love you so much, goofball.” When her voice faded out, she slid the ring easily on his finger with a smile.
Then it was his turn. He took the ring for Alex and hovered it above her finger before looking up at her and speaking. “Cassadee, you are truly my entire world and you’ll probably never really know how much you mean to me. When I first saw you, I knew I was going to marry you someday; you’re incredibly talented and beautiful. You get lost coming home from pretty much anywhere and I love that your Sunday best is a holey pair of jeans. I will never understand how I got you. Every day you show me that I can whenever I think I can’t love you anymore than I already do. All I see is beautiful when I look at you. You’re my best friend and the love of my life and I owe you the world for making me this happy. I promise to love you even after forever ends. I love you so much, Cass.” With a big grin, he slid the ring on her little finger and laced their fingers together, looking back up at her.
“And with that, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Rian Dawson, you may kiss your bride.”
Rian smiled brightly. “Finally.” He said under his breath, making her chuckle softly before their lips met in a sweet, tender kiss that sent the butterflies in her stomach flying chaotically. The people around them stood and clapped as the priest spoke the last words of the ceremony.
“Ladies and gentlemen, for the first time ever, I present to you, Mr. and Mrs. Rian and Cassadee Dawson.”