Status: Please tell me what you think

Our Last Kiss

The Story

((Frank's POV))

The rain was pouring down on us.
I remember it like it was yesterday,

The day he left this earth.

It was dark.
The car was flipped and sparking.
I was beat up bad but not as bad as Gerard was.

Gerard was thrown threw the car wind shield.

He wasn't wearing his seat belt.

I managed to get out of the cf and crawl to him.
When I reached him I started crying.
He had a cut on his cheek that would need stitches if he survived.

His leg was broken, as was his nose.
He had trouble breathing, telling me he had a few broken ribs.

"Hold me baby, just a little while." He chocked out. I held him close to me and rocked him slightly.
I could hear sirens in the background, getting closer and closer.

When I pulled back, I pressed my lips to his.
I knew this would be our last kiss so I made is long and sweet, wanting it to last as long as possible.

When I pulled out of the kiss I whispered, "I love you, Gerard." I whispered.

The corner of his mouth lifted slightly, you could barely tell he was trying to smile, "I love you too, Frank."

I then watched as life left his eyes, making them turn a hazel, pale-like color.

I frowned and shook my head, "No! Gerard, you're not dead! Wake the fuck up!" I cried out.

His arms went limp, as did his head.
His skin changed to that gray color just a fast as his eyes did.

I buried my head in his chest and cried. When I lifted my head, I excepted the fact that he was dead and whispered, "I love you, Gerard."

His eyes were still open open so I used two fingers to close them.

I then watched as men took my dead lover putting a blanket over his face so couldn't see him.

Police put a blanket around me as took me to the hospital to get medical help for my wounds.

******
It has been three days since Gerard's death.
I was at his funeral.

I had my hand on his corps chest as I cried. I was crying harder than his brother.
I was crying loud too. Not too loud but loud enough for people in the same room to hear me loud and clear.

His mother, brother, aunt, uncle, grandfather, grandmother, a few friends, and even a few exs' came to the funeral.

Hen the ceremony started, we all took our seats.
I blocked out everything the preacher was saying and thought of Gerard.

When the preacher asked us if anyone wanted to say any words, I stood up and cleared my throat, "Hello. I'm Frank Iero. I am-- was Gerard's boyfriend. Gerard was very dear to me. I lived him with all my heart. In high school he kept the jocks from killing me," every one chuckled slightly, " Gerard had a kind heart. He always told same how much he loved you all.

His kind words could make Satan himself smile. I love him and will never forget him."

After this was said, I sat down.
Donna, his mother, placed a friendly hand on my shoulder, "That was sweet Frank." She whispered.

I zoned out thinking of all the good times Gerard and I had together. Dates, making love, embracing each other. I missed it all.

I came out of my mind when Donna stood up, "H-hello. I'm Gerard's m-mother." She choked on her tears as she spoke.

"Mikey and I didn't get to see Gerard much b-because he was always in his room. But, when we did see him, he never shut us out. He always asked about our day and how we were doing.

Like Frank said, he was kind hearted.
W-when Donald died, Gerard was there for me. N-now I am here for him. I love you Gerard." These words touched my heart.

I stood up and pulled Donna in a tight hug, "I love you Donna." I whispered.
"I live you too Frank." She whispered back.

I pulled away we could sit down.

The ceremony soon ended. I stayed behind with Mikey and his mother to watch my love get buried six feet underground.
I buried my head in Mikey's chest an cried.

I wanted to think that this was all a bad dream and I would woke up soon.

But it wasn't.

******

It has been two years since Gerard died. I missed him dearly. I still cried at night because I missed his touch. I missed the sound of his voice. I missed his face.

I saw him every time I closed my eyes.
His face was burned into the back of my eyelids.

I only had two boyfriends since Gerard died. I never loved them as much as I loved Gerard so I ended up dumping them before it got to the point were they would say I love you and I would be able to reply due to Gerard's death.

Gerard was gone.
I didn't want him gone.

I knew I had to be good so I could see my baby when I leave this world.

Rest in peace, Gerard.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. Please tell me what you think.
It took guts to write this...

XxJENNIFERxX