Make Me Feel Glorious

Chapter 4

-Sophies POV-

I walked silently up the over grown path to Frankies and silently pushed my key in to the small silver lock and turned it with shaking hands, there was a loud thunk as the door gave way, my breath caught in my throat and the ice cold but oh so familiar grip of fear tore at my insides as I turned silently and closed the door as quietly as I could.

The inside of the house was relatively clean with the odd pizza menu on the floor of the hall way and a stray mug on the side board of the kitchen, it was more unorganized than clean, I stood still enjoying the silence for a few seconds and relishing the chance to collect my thoughts before I moved onwards through the house, we built this home together when we where happy, I looked around my eyes straining in the darkness as the vague shadows of picture frames canvases and tea light candle holders, things that we had chosen to adorn our home with together.

My heart came in my mouth joined by a cold shiver down my spine as I noticed a small crack of light under the living room door; he was still awake, my mind rushed with questions, had he been waiting for me? Was he angry at me for leaving? How long had he been waiting? The fear balled itself inside my stomach as Goosebumps prickled on my bare arms and shoulders as I raised my hand and placed my clammy palm against the cold wood of the door and gently pushed, edging my way in to the dimly lit room.

He was sat on the sofa with a familiar hatred and anger etched on his youthful face, it was this look that taught me to do as I was told a skill that is easy to master except I never could master it not to Frankie’s standards anyway.

He glared over his broad shoulder at me, I smiled nervously as not to antagonise him, he was already angry,

“Hey baby”

He stood up and walked towards me

“Where have you been?”

“Pj’s”

“Dressed like that?”

“He had a small gathering of his friends I was invited I didn’t talk to any one”

Chris and his gentle kiss flashed through my mind and by this point Frankies face was inches away from mine

“You look like a slut”

“I’m sorry”

I kept my head down unable to look at him through fear of tears falling, in one swift motion his fist collided with my face the force sending me to the ground with a loud heavy thump, I looked up at him holding my throbbing cheek, he was saying something through clenched teeth my vision blurred and my ears ringing I couldn’t make sense of what he was saying, still reeling from that first blow I watched him lunge towards me frozen to the spot I allowed him to pin me down fear keeping my frozen to the spot, unable to fight back I kicked my legs in an attempt to wiggle free only to receive another sharp blow to the head, I felt the blood rush upwards as my vision became more and more vague, I became aware of his hands roaming my body and pulling at my clothes, I prayed for unconsciousness to strike as he forced himself on me. I screwed my eyes closed and prayed for death that unfortunately never came.

The only thing keeping me holding on was the beautiful thoughts of Chris.