Status: Complete One-shot

Daddy's Coming Home

Daddy's Coming Home

Party Poison woke to the sound of birds chirping and a miniature man in his lap. It takes him back to the days before the ray guns and the red hair. The only thing missing was Sophie; his daughter. Adopted, of course, but they had raised her since she was born. He still drew her, nowadays he had to flick back to his first drawings of her, the memory of her fading. His time spent wondering what side of her face her birth mark was on, what shade of green her eyes were...He hasn't held his baby girl in three years. Each night him and Frank would stare at each other, whispering memories of her.

"It's her birthday today." Frank. His saviour. "Do ya' think we'll be able to get through to 'em?"

"Probably," He got out of the camp bed and stretched. "We need to reassure her that we are still alive and we could call in for some equipment."

Frank crept up behind him and wrapped his arms around his waist. "I miss her."

Gerard let a shaky breath pass through his lips.

"I'll get the radio sorted, it'll be up by tonight."
_________________
LATER THAT DAY
---------------

A sharp buzzing got sent through the speakers before a girl's voice sent through the tiny speakers.
"Daddy! Daddy!" Sophie. Dear God, her voice.

"Hey baby," Frank's hand was gripping the machine, knuckles white. "Happy Birthday, Sophie-pie."

"Thank you! I got your present, it was the best thing in the world!" Her enthusiasm was contagious, Mikey was grinning. Yes, she was that good. And Ray was laughing, she meant the world to everyone.

It was the best thing in the world, because to be honest, the world's got nothing going for herself. All it was was paper, and a sketch Gerard did of the four killjoys and one of their family. It was hard for them to send it, it looked like a photograph...they looked happy. But he could draw another and his baby girl was happy.

Static started acting up, they didn't have much longer left.

"Baby, daddies are going off soon. Remember, brush your teeth, do what Doctor D say's and happy birthday, baby. We love you." He looked at Frank. "So much, Soph, more than you can know."

"Don't go!" You could hear her tears through the shit-system. "When are you coming back?! Daddy please!"

Frank looked wrecked. Gerard took a deep breath.

"Daddy's going to be coming home. Trust me."

"I love you, Daddy Gee, Daddy Fee, Uncle Ray and Uncle Mikey-Bear."

"We love you, daddy's coming home."

The line went dead.

"We're coming home, baby."
♠ ♠ ♠
Not even 500 words :/

This is based on this part of Na Na Na:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/300f581dae41301bf08d47eea9142938/tumblr_mk38p0fQkZ1rijt4go1_500.gif